Passenger (almost) missed ship in Bergen, Norway

Ine

Just before leaving Bergen, Norway on Century May 15 an announcement was made for a passenger. Since announcements are never made, this was remarkable.

We were on Promenadedeck watching crew walking on/off the ship and after a delay of about 15 minutes we sailed off.

Within minutes after that came another announcement by the captain, he informed us he stopped the ship as a passenger just arrived at the dock....

We could see a small harborboat was radioed to pickup the passenger on the dock and bring her to the ship that was still in the bay.

She was put on a lifejacket and managed to get back on board.

I wonder if any bill for this will be send to her?

Check some photos of this on:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/Inevd/Specials/

That is one lucky lady.

The picture you took of the wooden houses raised my interest in Norway; looks like I will have to check out cruises which include Norway. Very pretty.

That is one lucky lady.

The picture you took of the wooden houses raised my interest in Norway; looks like I will have to check out cruises which include Norway. Very pretty.

I can recommand it, it was very beautiful. We had good weather, (hardly any rain, sun, but a llittle cool) and very smooth seas. Visited Oslo, Stavanger, (interesting city - that is where those houses are), Flamm, (went overland to Stalheim and Voss), Alesund with a daytour to Geiranger and Bergen.

All places were great.

Definitely very lucky. Perhaps she was a VIP? There's she thinking she could sneak back on the ship with no one noticing;)

tomko2, for a real whet of the appetite, click on the link below and on the left hand menu scroll down and click on "Geiranger, over Geiranger". Stunning at any time of year:cool: "Ny Alesund" has some pretty great pics too during the lighter months, especially when the sun is low on the horizon. It's dark most of the winter (and looks cold too!).

http://www.webcamsinnorway.com/webcams.php

Phil

Phil, wow, to think of being on a cruise ship in that bay -- awesome.

I looked at your photo album -- very nice suite!

Now I need to do a bit of research for the summer of 2009 or 2010.

Thank you!

Kathy

Kathy, just to give an idea of scale, here's a picture I caught of Constellation on the Geiranger webcam in Summer 2004. Click on the thumbnail for a bigger picture.

Phil

We were in Geiranger just about 1 week ago. Lovely place.

Booked a full day excursion from/to Alesund to get there.

Bus sailed on 3 ferrys, one of which was about 1 hr from Geiranger to Hellesylt betweeen the high fjords. Beautiful trip, only just that day it started to rain around lunchtime.....

We were in Geiranger just about 1 week ago. Lovely place.

Booked a full day excursion from/to Alesund to get there.

Bus sailed on 3 ferrys, one of which was about 1 hr from Geiranger to Hellesylt betweeen the high fjords. Beautiful trip, only just that day it started to rain around lunchtime.....

Ine, I'll get there one day. Another couple of places I would like to go to first and then it's the Baltic!:cool:

Phil

Ine, I'll get there one day. Another couple of places I would like to go to first and then it's the Baltic!:cool:

Phil

But Phil...remember the Baltic is a diffferent cruise...not the one to Norway...

so that makes another cruise to look for.

Do they still fire the cannon when the ship leaves the fjord? I was on deck of the Connie and as a "salute" they fire a cannon as a goodbye from a nearby cliff. I'm not sure if it was an actual cannon, but it sure sounded like it. Needless to say it was a eye-opening experience. The sound echoed throughout the valley. Kind of on the same note as being on deck as they blow the horn at sailaway.

Phil, you NEED to take that cruise! Really a lovely trip....:)

Although I was hurt that you didn't post the picture of MY ship in the fjord!:D ;)

Here it is folks, but, in fairness to Phil, he posted a pic of a Celebrity ship on the Celebrity boards, as it should be.

But whether on Cunard, Celebrity, or some other line, a trip well worth taking!

Andrew

894506000_QE2atEaglesBendshot2.jpg.977fdbb18de4c76b27227de5114e8d80.jpg

Archived