Cuba?

I hope that the situation changes to permit US passengers to visit and spend money in Cuba.

I was part of a US-sanctioned travel agent group that traveled to Cuba in 2003, and it was a lifechanging trip. It's a beautiful country, and I consider myself fortunate to have seen it ...

I personally think it's one of America's stupidest policies. For crying out loud, we can be buddy-buddy with freakin' Chinese communists, but not with Cuba for a so-called "crisis" nearly a half a century ago?

Hello, everyone,

Does anyone know of a cruise line that visits Cuba? Thanks.

The German line Arosa also calls in Cuba - their Arosa Blu was there when we were staying in Havana. The only drawback is language - if you don't understand German, it might be a problem.

I personally think it's one of America's stupidest policies. For crying out loud, we can be buddy-buddy with freakin' Chinese communists, but not with Cuba for a so-called "crisis" nearly a half a century ago?

The "old" Cubans are a large voting block in a pivotal state. I don't expect things to change until after Nov. 2008 unless El Jefe or his bro go first.

And until Wally World stops being friendly to the Chinese or they kill more of our dogs, they are golden.

There is a cruise ship docked at the Terminal San Maestra in Google Earth imagery. (When I was in Cuba (on an educational license) earlier this year, I did not even realize that it was a cruise terminal!)

I agree that the US embargo is pointless, but as CPT Trips points out, we may have to wait a while longer.

Archived