Alternative Restaurant

Keith1010

Is it a good idea to book the alternative restaurant prior to leaving for the cruise? We are captain's club members so we could do that. We will be sailing on the Summit. Also, can you make reservations for more than one evening?

Keith

If it eases your stress level to book before you get on the ship, I say book early. I had no trouble when I was on Summit to book the specialty restaurant for whatever night I wanted (could have been the cruise I was on, but the ship was sold out and it was a 14 day Panama Canal cruise). But others say to book early and it is a benefit so yes do it. And yes you can book for more than one night. The two times that I went I seem to remember being an informal dress night and port days.

Is it a good idea to book the alternative restaurant prior to leaving for the cruise? We are captain's club members so we could do that. We will be sailing on the Summit. Also, can you make reservations for more than one evening?

Keith

captain's club member, do you have your TA do it? My parents are celebrating their 40th Anniversary and I want to make sure they get a romantic 'for 2' dinner 1 night. They're doing the 7 day Southern Caribbean in January on Constellation. Thanks for any advice.

Trish

When I called ahead to book our reservation for the SS United States on the Infinity, I found out something I didn't know. I assumed that because of the top quality dining experience we would be having that we should dress formal. But the Captain's Club rep told me that we should dress in whatever was the dress code for the rest of the ship for that particular evening.

But the Captain's Club rep told me that we should dress in whatever was the dress code for the rest of the ship for that particular evening.

You observe the rest of the ship's dress for the evening UNLESS it's casual nite on the rest of the ship! Then you DON'T observe that dress code!!

Dress formal if it's formal nite.

Rest of the time, consider it always semi-formal in the Specialty Dining room. They say, "jackets required." Your reservation card delivered to your stateroom as a reminder will state this.

As a captain's club member, you can only reserve one night in advance. If you want to go more than once, you have to wait until you are on the ship to make the second reservation. We went twice on our last 10 day cruise. You need to call the captain's club, not your TA.

captain's club member, do you have your TA do it? My parents are celebrating their 40th Anniversary and I want to make sure they get a romantic 'for 2' dinner 1 night. They're doing the 7 day Southern Caribbean in January on Constellation. Thanks for any advice.

Trish

Advance reservations are for captain's club members only. We had to give our Captain's club number when making the reservations. It is one of the benefits of being a member.

Friends of ours made reservations through their TA (they are not CC members) while I was happy they got the day they wanted I was somewhat annoyed that they were able to take advantage of a privilege given to loyal customers.

My wife and I have dined at the alternative restuarants on three ships(Millennium, Constellation and Summit), and we found the Summit to be the best. The menu, on the Summit, is a little different, and I considered it better. The dining room staff will lead you to believe that you should make only one choice from the Appetizer (first course) area of the menu. This area includes, appetizers, soups and salads. My wife ordered three and I order two--yes it will be a lot of food, but what the heck--you do want the full experience. Don't let them talk you out of it. Five Star service and four star food!! Could be the best restuatant at sea! Enjoy! Kel

:p :p :p :p

Archived