So excited- booked honeymoon on Summit!

SusieV

Well, finally after figuring stuff out and getting a lovely timeshare trade-in from my fiance's parents (not to mention changing our wedding date!), we are going on Summit for our honeymoon!

We will be on the March 11, 2005 cruising! We haven't booked our room yet, but we get a choice of 1B or 2A for the same price. 1A is way too expensive. Too bad all the aft rooms in 1B are gone! Oh well.

Please give us recommendations of things to do on Summit! Any other tips for a first time cruiser would be great.

Susie

Hi Susie

We took our first cruise on Summit in July - it was great! We had a 1A cabin on level 8 (not sure what they are classified as now). As for things to do, we are well beyond our honeymoon :D but in summary...my husband used Aqua Spa services - he got a haircut (by a woman from Australia - it's a small world :) ) and used the gym religiously (others used the Aqua Spa treatments and said it was good), my daughter used the kids club, I used the walking track, we all used the cinema, and went to the shows, which were good, we tried out Cova Cafe and the little games nook on level 4, sat in the lounges and tried out cocktails and drank Bombay Sapphire gin, relaxed on the verandah of our cabin (this was me, mainly), ate wonderful food at dinner - I really looked forward to going each night - and enjoyed our shore excursions - I just generally disconnected from the real world. It was a great experience. The advice you'll get from these boards will be invaluable, so keep checking in often!

Maree

It sounds like fun, anyway!

Does Celebrity have tables for two? We want to have early seating and sit by ourselves, since it's our honeymoon. There will be other times to meet new people :)

We're doing this through my fiance's parents trade in website so I get confused as to how things work. At least I'm not worried about the price dropping- I never thought we'd be able to afford this cruise but they saved us ~$3000!

Hi Suzie

Understand :D Yes, there were tables for two - I imagine you will have to specify this early on to get one - you get a card confirming your seating when you arrive in your cabin, and you have a chance to change it if you don't like it. We sat with a table of 10, two groups from Switzerland, most of whom didn't speak English!! But, we had enough to get by and one family had a daughter our daughter's age, and they managed to communicate pretty well. When the food arrives on the table, you focus on eating though :)

Take the 1B & have your TA put you on a waitlist for aft in case their final payment doesn't show roughly 60 days before the cruise.

This is definately the perfect way to be man & wife, and the jokes of how we know you are on your honeymoon? No sun! Congratulations.......

Susie, my sister and I will be on your April 11th cruise. We are on Vista Deck fore. I wanted aft, but they were no rooms left in my price range. However we are in the extension and the balconeys do look larger than mid-shhip on vista.

I have never cruised on celebrity either. I have alwaays been a Princess fan, but I have heard wonderful things about celebrity.

You have chosen a wonderful way to start your marriage.

Mary Beth

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Are you sailing on March 11 or April 11? I'm a bit confused.

If it's March 11, we'll be on that sailing as well. Our first time sailing on Celebrity, but from what I hear, we've picked a winner.

We're booked in a Concierge Class cabin, but we got it at a good price. After we booked, the prices seemed to skyrocket.

We are March 11. Since we just moved our wedding date, we were unable to book early and the CC cabins are way too expensive. We're getting a good deal with the trade in, though. We'll be on Vista Deck, in 1B.

Well, I have no idea how it's working, then, but that's the room number we were offered through the timeshare company, and we're not paying for a CC room. With the trade in, the price was double per person for the CC room.

Maybe we're getting a CC room at the 1B price! That would rock.

Are you 100% sure that's what's happening? Now I'm afraid to call Celebrity and ask!

I'm positive it's happening. If you go and look at your cruise on Celebrity's website you can't even select a Premium Ocean View which is what the 1s used to be it's, it's either Concierge or Deluxe Balcony which is the 2s. Now maybe for some reason, it's not changing on summit until a later date than all the rest. By going to the website and seeing what's available, you'll get a better idea.

Too bad, it would have been nice to get a free upgrade :)

Unfortunately, in our case, the difference would have been more significant. The balcony rooms were actually the best value. It was $400 more per person to get a 1B or 2A than an inside, but $1200 more to get a CC than a balcony. Seems silly to me, but that's how the trade-in worked.

We'll be happy with our regular veranda room. I guess it must be nice if it's going to be moved to CC soon, huh?

What's the difference between 1B and 2A, anyway? Especially if I can get either for the same price?

If anyone has any tips/suggestions, we'd appreciate them.

Susie

If you booked a 1A or 1B and it goes to CC you shouldn't be charged the difference. Whatever you book at, and if you paid the full deposit, that will remain your price, even if the cruise line changes their classifications. So, if you've paid your deposit, be prepared, we're booked in cc and have had it before on Summit (we'll be sailing with you on this trip) and it's really nice to have the amenities.

I just came back from my honeymoon on the Summit too! We had a wonderful time. I posted a review on Friday. (it's in two parts) You can do a search and check it out! We had a table for two in the dining room. Our travel agent requested it for us and as soon as we got on the ship, we went to the dining room to confirm it. We were at table 481.

You will have a wonderful time! Enjoy!

I read somewhere Summit is changing its cabins in May, 2005. Susie -- you will have a wonderful time on Summit -- we are going on your cruise on March 11th and it will be our third time on her. We are in Cabin 7080 so we are pretty close to your cabin (unless you are on the other side of the ship :D )

Lucy :)

Archived