A Few AOS Questions

We're down to 12 days, and my DH and I have a few questions...

1.What time can we expect to get on the ship? We always head to the port in around 11 am (even though they say 2) and within a few minutes they have always opened up checkin. You won't be able to get into your room until around 1 though, but they will have the Windjammer open for lunch and you can go and make your specialty restaurant reservations or any spa appointments.

2.Does the window in the Promenade staterooms open? I don't believe so!

3.What are the dining room options like at breakfast? Windjammer (buffet), the dining room, and room service

Have a wonderful time!!!

I can't say for the Adventure, but on the Explorer and Voyager the PR cabin windows are sealed units of double glazed glass for sound control and safety. Since the AOS is also one if the Voyager class ships, I have to assume the windos are also fixed panels.

1.What time can we expect to get on the ship? I don't know what time you can begin getting on, but we got on at 2 p.m., and did not have to wait in any lineup. Embarkation went very smoothly at this time.

2.Does the window in the Promenade staterooms open? Definitely not. We had this type of cabin in March. Be sure to draw your drapes when changing. A good room from which to enjoy the parades and simply people watch.

3.What are the dining room options like at breakfast? My husband and son tended to eat in the dining room for breakfast. There is more personalized service, and they enjoyed the options. You may need a little more time. One item that they did enjoy was Eggs Benedict.

to expand on the breakfast answer:

in the dining room, options include (but are not limited to) pancakes, pastries, eggs, waffles, fruit, and I believe there are European-style options as well (meat and cheese). Service is "sit down", and you are seated by the staff at a table with others. You will need extra time to eat in the dining room. Hours are posted in the Compass

in the windjammer, the choices include cereal, french toast, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, scrambled eggs, omelet station, several breakfast meats, cheeses, etc. It is a buffet, and you sit wherever you want to. The Windjammer opens quite early (I want to say 6am)

I believe you can get pastries and coffee at the Promenade Cafe, but I could be mistaken....they are open 24 hrs a day, so you can always get something there!

Room service has several choices, including eggs, cereal, fruit, and pastries. You can leave your choices on a hangtag the night before, indicating a delivery time, or you can call and order in the morning.

There is something for everyone!!

We were on AOS 5/6 sailing. I'd recommend getting to the pier 11:30-12 in order to avoid standing outside in hot humid weather. the line started moving around 11:35.

Others have discussed the breakfast options. Additional thoughts. The Promenade cafe has great cofee and excellent pastries, especially the cheese danish. If you go to Windammer I recommend the omlet station if you want hot eggs (any kind). If you go to the main dining room the service is quick and we really enjoyed that they put the people at tables together and you meet lots of new friends. We sometimnes enjoyed room service coffee early because we had a balcony. Have a great time.

Definitely get to the ship before 2!!! You've paid for a certain number of days--and this is considered Day 1!!! Use it! They will begin boarding as soon as the old passengers are off.

We prefer the dining room for breakfast. Room service is messy, unless you have a dining table (suites only!!!!) The windjammer is typical buffet food--cooked, and kept warm. Not my favorite. In the dining room, you are served on tableclothes, with hot, freshly cooked food. It's lovely! You can wear shorts and the like to breakfast and lunch in the dining room.

Archived