Room Service Treats  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Room Service Treats

• A full dinner served in the cabin
    • Only a light breakfast
    • A small, quick late lunch to tide me over til dinner
    • A very late night snack after closing the nightclub
    • Never use room service
    • Only use room service, because 'I vant to be alone!' :-)
    • I don't eat on a cruise, period....
    • "I bring my own coolers loaded with stuff from my fav sub shop
    • And for you Cunard fans, the 'to die for fish and chips!'

I like a whole banana with my coffee, in the morning.

Sadly it’s very hard to come by whole bananas on HAL. :mad:

They chop them up, into pieces, and the pieces are in some kind of juice.

I like whole bananas, with my coffee. :(

Hey, whaddya mean no whole bananas? I like to pick out my own nice ripe one and slice it onto my cereal!

slinkie

Or......when you write your room service order, indicate on it that you want a whole banana----not one that has been cut up.

Obviously if they deliver the fruit cut into pieces, they started with a whole fruit. Just ask them to leave it the way it grew!!

our first suite experience .. zuiderdam last may... We enjoyed breakfast on our verandah every morning... we ordered eggs, sausage, coffee etc. all arrived on time, hot and delicious.

we also ordered burgers a couple of times when returning to the ship late in port (as we had late dining times) again, they were hot and tasty.

we tried the apps one night..can't say they impressed us too much. we liked the cold apps better then the hot.

we also ordered tonic water, limes etc..

service was always prompt and with a smile!

Peggy Sue

We never tried room service on our 12-day Mediterranean cruise. Since we had excursions scheduled every morning we thought it best to control our time by going to the buffet every morning. It was so well stocked and we were able to pick our fruits at the right stage of ripeness (I hate half-ripe fruit). That was the Constellation. I hope Carnival and HAL's breakfast buffet is this good.

slinkie

Dear Vic-The parrot,

We have traveled on a great number of ships. The century on Celebrity lines room service when you are in a SS suite with butler service the room service and food is excellent, From the full breakfast served on white linen table cloths, on your private balcony to the 3pm Tea/coffee with cookies, pastries etc.. and the 5:45pm appetizers, of cavier, shrimp, cheese, salmon all on wonderful gourmet crackers. The in room service can not be beat. The rest of the Cruise and food had a lot to be desired.:)

• 1 month later...

Used room service once in our Outside cabin (no balcony) & prefer to go to the Lido or Dining Room..

They have the best homemade cookies at both the ice cream bar and at Java Cafe (ships other than Vista Class). Their cookies are wonderful IMO

Sail...

Does that mean that there are no cookies on Vista Class Ships, or there is no Java Cafe or Ice Cream Bar on Vista Class ships..Our first Vista Ship cruise will be on the trans-atlantic Westerdam...There is nothing better than having a cup of coffee (from the Java Cafe) out on deck in Mid Afternoon between reading & resting our eyes (LOL)...My DH would miss the Ice Cream Bar but if they still have tea & pastries in the lounge, he will be fine...

I like a whole banana with my coffee, in the morning.

Sadly it’s very hard to come by whole bananas on HAL. :mad:

They chop them up, into pieces, and the pieces are in some kind of juice.

I like whole bananas, with my coffee. :(

I'd just like to find a whole banana!!!:( I love one for breakfast with a generous serving of peanut butter, whole wheat or white bread - I just don't like sliced or smooched up bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!

serendipity1499

There are no Java Cafes on the Vista class ships even though if you look at a brochure you will see an area marked Java Corner on the Promenade deck. On the Oosterdam is an area with tables and chairs and a covered coffee machine.

The Windstar Cafe sells a special blend of coffee and once you purchase a coffee you can have a pastery.

Breakfast only and just coffee and juice at that. I like to be out among people and really don't like to hang in the room all the time even when we have a balcony. That is one thing DH and I differ on, he is perfectly happy hanging out in the room and I swear he could spend an entire cruise in the room with room service if I would let him!

i have noticed many saying they have apps in their room at sail away.. i am wondering if i can pre order these without a charge or will they charege me for them?

I am looking at the gifts available and it says there is an option for 12 assorted hourdouvres but is there another place i could contact to order them and not pay?

[quote name='GirlInADaydream']i have noticed many saying they have apps in their room at sail away.. i am wondering if i can pre order these without a charge or will they charege me for them?

I am looking at the gifts available and it says there is an option for 12 assorted hourdouvres but is there another place i could contact to order them and not pay?[/QUOTE]
In the PH and S category suites you can get them from your steward. They're also available in the various bars & lounges.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='GirlInADaydream']i have noticed many saying they have apps in their room at sail away.. i am wondering if i can pre order these without a charge or will they charege me for them?

I am looking at the gifts available and it says there is an option for 12 assorted hourdouvres but is there another place i could contact to order them and not pay?[/QUOTE]What, if any, munchies are offered on the room service menu for those not staying in a suite?

[quote name='JimVrhovac']Breakfast on the Verandah and club sandwich for lunch and we are happy campers............

Jim & Ruth[/QUOTE]
[b]Ditto--[/b]

[b]And I [i]love[/i] those Club Sandwiches - crusts cut off just like Mom never had time to do...[/b]

best room service meal dh & I had on hal was 6 lobster tails (4 for dh), 2 orders of escargot (both for dh), & 2 chocolate cakes - boy were we stuffed!! we looked like a couple of greedy little kids stuffing our mouths! oh, & we drank some of our Sam's Club colas that we brought on board - don't you just love it!

Yep, massive coffee intake....that's me too lol! A must!! Also like sliced up bananas (he said while ducking) in a bowl with cream.

Jeff

[quote name='Randyk47']First breakfast on the verandah with massive coffee intake for DW. Love her too much but she's not a morning person. :D[/QUOTE]

• 3 months later...
I'm new to cruising, so I have some questions. You can order breakfast, cheese platters, anything from room service and it doesn't cost anything extra? When you are in the dining room for dinner, can you order just about anything, and if you don't like it, can you order something else?

Thanks

I think they have a standard menu for 24 hr. room service with pretty basic items: some things for people with queasy stomache, plus club sandwich and some other simple stuff. Breakfast order forms are delivered nightly to be filled in and left outside your cabin by 2 am. You may order what is on the dinner menu to be delivered during dinner hours, although I don't know how you would know what is on the menu unless you are in a suite, which I think gives the daily menu ahead of time. We always took a walk to the dining room to see what was on the menu for dinner, and we always ate in the dining room. I have read that if you write in what you want you can usually get it, but haven't ever asked myself! I can hardly eat all they serve. We try to skip lunch or breakfast or have one light meal a day. I loved most of dinner items so I end the day stuffed! :D

Archived