I recieved my passport today

It took 11 weeks to get here..Now I am ready for our cruise..:)

Kelly

So glad you got yours!! It has been over 12 weeks for us and we are almost 2 weeks until our trip to Paris! Guess i will start calling on Friday if my Senator doesn't come through! It must be a huge relief to finally get your passport!!:) :cool:

Congrats, Kelly! I am sure that is a big relief! We have been waiting 11.5 weeks for ours and still nothing. I check the site nearly every day and it just has the routing number....I have 30 days until I leave, so I should be okay, but I am surprised it's taking this long. When we applied, we were told 6-8 weeks, so we didn't bother expediting. Luckily, we had a lot more time between when we applied and when we actually sail!

Congrats to you and enjoy your trip!

Sherri-

I hope yours shows up soon!! It wouldn't be fun to miss out on Paris!!

Good luck!

Sister, Mom and Dad requested on 03/09/07, my sister and Dads just changed to say mailed. My mothers indicates still processing. We leave on Saturday and do not require for the trip but in case of a medical emergency would make it so much easier to get back home.

Carol

Glad to see some are getting them! We are going on 14 weeks and still nothing, in fact my DH has not even got a tracking # yet. I e-mailed our congresswoman on Monday and they got right back with me, said that they would work on it, but have yet to hear if they made any headway.

how much of the back up is now because of the number of people that don't actually need them yet but are still calling and requesting them expedited? :confused:

Good point! How do they decide who they are sending them to? It is has been almost 13 weeks for us, yet i hear of people getting them sooner. I think in those cases it depends on where the passport application is sent. In our case, we have to have them for our trip to Paris on June 8th, so you would think that would trump someone who is cruising and doesn't really need it yet! But then again, if they applied sooner, then why should they wait?? It is all so confusing! Someone, on another thread, i think, said that they got through yesterday and was told their computers are down!!:( :mad: Of course Monday is a holiday! That is why i am calling tomorrow and not waiting until friday, which will be the 14 day mark. If they don't work monday, then i should get to call thursday, right??;) Regardless, that is what i am doing!!!

Applied for my families passports on March 17th and received them today. Almost exactly 10 weeks after we applied. Also when I checked online just yesterday they said they were mailed and we would get them on or about May 23rd, and we did!!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for them.

Applied for my families passports on March 17th and received them today. Almost exactly 10 weeks after we applied. Also when I checked online just yesterday they said they were mailed and we would get them on or about May 23rd, and we did!!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for them.

So glad you got your passports! Can't wait to do the passport dance myself!!!:)

We leave on Saturday and we are still waiting for Moms. Dad and my sister got theirs today. Really wanted for Mom and Dad to both receive as they are 82 and 87 and would just feel more secure about getting home with less of a hassle in case they had a medical emergency. Well we still have tomorrow and Friday, will keep the fingers crossed.

Carol

Jus curious for those who have gotton them in 11 weeks, was this a renewal, or a new application.

I have been getting by this far, by using my old passport. OLD, exp 1999! But it will not do anymore for next year cruises I'm told.

Contacting your congressmen really does work! I emailed ours on Monday, received a call within a few hours letting me know that they were working on getting our passports. Today(Thursday) we received the 1st one (1 out of 5)! I was worried that we would be bothering the congressmen's office, but they have staff that specifically works on this and they were more than happy to help us!

We applied 3/3/07 and nothing is showing on-line. The State Department cashed our check on 3/27/07. Called my Senator's office yesterday and they told me they could not make calls on my behalf until my cruise was less that 7 days???? I would not worry expect they have all our birth certificates.

Trying to wait patiently.....

So here's the next question: In port, are you going to take your passports off the ship with you (and risk them being lost/stolen), or are you going to leave them in your safe and just take color copies (in which case it could be more difficult to get home)? :confused:

Thought I'd jump in! My 5th son ordered his passport on the 16th of March and we are still waiting for it! We don't need it until October for a Bermuda cruise. I guess we really don't need it at all but feel better having it.

My oldest son's girl friend ordered hers around the 20th of March, paid the expedited fees and got it within 2 weeks!

Although I am not happy to hear about the delays in passports- I am glad to hear we are not the only ones waiting for one.

When I got my 5 years olds passport 2 years ago - it only took 3 weeks! My how things change.

Beth

We applied 3/3/07 and nothing is showing on-line. The State Department cashed our check on 3/27/07. Called my Senator's office yesterday and they told me they could not make calls on my behalf until my cruise was less that 7 days???? I would not worry expect they have all our birth certificates.

Trying to wait patiently.....

Wow- your senator is not working very hard for you. Try your US House of Representative- this is who I went through.

Wow- your senator is not working very hard for you. Try your US House of Representative- this is who I went through.

I was just told that if you have 2 congressional offices making inquiries it can delay the passport even more. My US Rep office told me to stick with my Senator and keep trying myself. that is just what i was told! good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!

Archived