Maitre Ds and Head Waiters Recently on All Ships

DameAtSeaII

All of us frequent cruisers have our favorite MDs and Head Waiters.....and like to keep up with their whereabouts. Please report the ones that you have encounted recently......say, within the past 2 months on the various ships in each dining room that you utilized.

Anybody know if Lorenzo has transferred from the Tahitian Princess (we were on the ship Jan./Feb.) to the new Royal Princess?

We originally sailed with him as the maitre'd on the old Pacific Princess, the love boat, on one of our favorite cruises from Istanbul to Capetown covering the west coast of Africa.

We also sailed with him a couple of times on the old Royal and I know he loved that ship as much as we did.

While I am asking, does anybody know where Frankie is? We last met him on the Diamond, our Australia/New Zealand cruise Xmas 2006. Frankie was the cd on the old Pacific but was the assistant cd on the Diamond. Not enough recognition for him as I think he is one of the most caring members of Princess staff.

[

While I am asking, does anybody know where Frankie is? We last met him on the Diamond, our Australia/New Zealand cruise Xmas 2006. Frankie was the cd on the old Pacific but was the assistant cd on the Diamond. Not enough recognition for him as I think he is one of the most caring members of Princess staff.

Frankie was the Assistant CD on the Golden Princess when we cruised on her for New Year's.

Anyone know where Mihai is now?

If this is Mihai (Romanian) from the Star he was still there in February. He will be on until August and said at that time he planned on returning to the Star around October/November.

Generoso is on the Emerald ? Do you know for how long?

Generoso joined the Emerald in March and usually does a 6 month contract. That would put him on until September.

Are you 2 plotting a summer cruise????? :) :)

How we wish, "T"!!!!!! Unfortunately ONE of us has to work and she is saving her time for NEXT summer. Just looking ahead.

Thanks CruiseKing.........Mihai has been on the Star FOREVER! Hubby and I last saw him in November, he had just come back from his break. I remember he said he would have at least ONE more contract on the Star.......so that's the one you have confirmed.

[

Frankie was the Assistant CD on the Golden Princess when we cruised on her for New Year's.

Frankie got off the Golden in April for a 2 month vacation. He wasn't sure if he'd be going back to the Golden or to another ship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeKool

Generoso joined the Emerald in March and usually does a 6 month contract. That would put him on until September.

Thanks cruiseking. We will tell them you said hello!

James Lay is the CD on the Emerald, I am told.

Bon Voyage

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeKool

Thanks cruiseking. We will tell them you said hello!

James Lay is the CD on the Emerald, I am told.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel,

Thank you. That would be fantastic. He and Godwin are the best in the business IMHO.

Wow, I'm impressed. We've only been on 8 cruises, but I couldn't tell you the name of a head waiter or MD on any of those ships.

Hi Andee,

I agree! I'm lucky if I can remember the name of the Captain or the CD! I wonder what we're doing wrong :confused: ?

Hi Andee,

I agree! I'm lucky if I can remember the name of the Captain or the CD! I wonder what we're doing wrong :confused: ?

Once you've had a MD that goes out of his way to make sure your experience is as good as it can be (even in Personal Choice), you'll remember his name! :) Have to agree Generoso and Godwin are right up there, but Mihai is still a fave! Now, if he'd just get to a different ship for once!

Hi Andee,

What you're doing wrong is not cruising a gazillion days at a time. :D That's really how you get to know the maitre d'/head waiters. I would probably won't know either of them on my upcoming short cruise next week.

Pia

:D Both head waiters on the Island Princess l think the wedding was April 13th from Poland. They said they will be back after time off.

Slawomir was our P C waiter great guy went out of his way for us, hope all went well for them we are booked on the I P next Feb hope to see them again.:D

Julie & Mike

In the past few month Princess has done some swapping of ships with Maitre Ds. Already listed are some of my favorites & friends.

Generoso MD & Godwin HW on the Emerald

Mihai HW & Douw HW are still on the Star. They both fly home early now, leaving early June. Not 100% if they go back to the Star or change over to the Golden.

Golden Princess Team many home on vacation now. Mario Propato MD, Carlos AMD, Stefano & Antonio Waiter, Head Waiters George, Francesco, Vincenzo, Nicolas, Corado. Issac was promoted to AMD & moved to the Tahitian.

Francois MD currently on the Pacific Sun covering emergency leave.

Roberto AMD on the Diamond now I think. Pasquale AMD last seen on the Grand.

Thanks everyone for all of the great information. Let's keep it going. I have some others for you.

Where has anyone seen Arvin lately? We have sailed with him 3 times, last was on the Star in November.....is he still there?......planning on a different ship for his next contract?

What about Bruno ...supervisor in the Caribe Cafe on the Caribbean.....still there? What about Madeliene (South Africa) and husband, Andrea (Italy)? I heard in January while on the Crown that they had a baby late last year.

Madeline was on the Golden Princess Jan 22 2007 Rio/BA. She was our waiter for th Baltic cruise 2005 -- one of the very best. /Sultan

What about Madeliene (South Africa) and husband, Andrea (Italy)? I heard in January while on the Crown that they had a baby late last year.

Archived