Wine boxes.

travmagic

In the first place, corkage is not charged for actually opening a bottle of wine...it's for the privilege of bringing your own wine to the dining room.

Next, nobody would be crass enough to take a box of wine to the dining room.:rolleyes:

The OP said they wanted to have the wine on their balcony.

Regardless, we recently cruised on the Valor and brought multiple bottles of wine to the dining room each night and were NEVER charged a corkage fee..........:D

Well after reading this thread for the last day or so I went to Target and bought a small box of white sangira to see if I like it, and I do. I will be taking some on the Pride with me June 10th thanks to this board!!! Great idea!!!

Brilliant thread! I live in France where the wine is plenty and cheap (the kinds I go for are anyways), and they package some good wines in cubes here too. Great idea to take that on the ship instead of glass! I'm a cheap date anyway, only drink one glass of red after dinner, so one large cube should be plenty for a 12 night cruise. Love CC!

Is it legal to pack wine in your checked bags at the airport? Are they ever questioned or taken?

dd's mom

Wine in your checked luggage is OK. If in glass use bubble wrap or pack wine in a box which travels well.

Hey, Frenzia's not that bad! hahah That stuff lasts FOREVERRRRRRRRRR. I swear, it's a never ending box of wine.

Franzia's sangria, available for under $10 a box at Walmart here in Florida, take it every cruise mix it with Fresca, viola instant cheap wine cooler! On the rocks is just as good.

There are a lot of good ones on the market these days. I always pack one in my checked bag. Of course I am also one of those "bad people" who brings their own liquor as well. I bring gin, vodka, rum in the 16 oz water bottles in my checked bag, and I bring a sippy cup and mix it with lemonaide, and buy a soda card. Every now and then I'll buy a few beers by the pool, and a bottle of wine at dinner, but other than that, I'm drinking my own.

Dolphinfan, I will see you in September!

Yes we will! W will have to compare wine boxes..lol

SO true. I'm married to a wine snob and it drives him crazy that I can't tell the difference between a $100 bottle and a $10 bottle.;)

I know what tastes good to me, so the only difference I can tell between a $10 bottle and $100 bottle is 9 - $10 bottles. :)

Archived