Transfer from TA to RCCL?

Can you transfer a reservation from TA to RCCL? Not having any problems with the TA, but I've been booked all my other trips with RCCL and I like having that control. Plus, if there's a price drop I can manage it myself. I used an on-line agency for this particular reservation and I'm sure they're not checking for price drops.

Anyway, can I transfer it and how do I transfer it? I know the TA may charge me, which is a consideration.

Can you transfer a reservation from TA to RCCL? Not having any problems with the TA, but I've been booked all my other trips with RCCL and I like having that control. Plus, if there's a price drop I can manage it myself. I used an on-line agency for this particular reservation and I'm sure they're not checking for price drops.

Anyway, can I transfer it and how do I transfer it? I know the TA may charge me, which is a consideration.

You could if you haven't reached final payment yet but the agency has to sign off first. This can cost you money.

They probably arn't checking for price drops. Let's be realistic here. Most TA's cannot be constantly checking for price drops - is just isn't feasible time wise. However, once you find one they should honour it when you notify them.

I used to book with this TA all the time, back when they could discount the cruises. I used to get the best prices from them. Now they can't discount and I've discoverd it's just easier to book with RCCL. It's not a big deal. I check for decreases regularly, but it's simpler to deal with RCCL than a TA when I find them.

Well I for one question your ethics... you start the booking with this TA because apparently you are pleased with them, then want to take it from them so you can be in control of the booking ? Why did you not book direct with RCI in the first place ? Your TA did the leg work for you on your behalf (even if minimal) because you requested them to do so.

I am sorry but I think you are doing your TA wrong on this and honestly I hope you do incur a fee from that agency for your actions, to release the booking if they see fit. Shame on you !

Travel Angel - the TA did nothing for me. I booked the cruise through an online website. I haven't called them, they've done no research for me, they've made no calls for me. It's like booking through Expedia. And I really didn't know I could book directly through RCCL at the time. I thought I HAD to use a TA. Don't question my ethics without knowing the facts.

Pretty judgemental of you.

But you have caused them time and time is money. When you book direct there is not much to it. But for TA's there is. We have to do paper work and invoicing to keep track of your booking, mainly for accounting purposes. You may not have seen them do anything with your booking but I will guarantee you they have spent time on it.

Travel Angel - the TA did nothing for me. I booked the cruise through an online website. I haven't called them, they've done no research for me, they've made no calls for me. It's like booking through Expedia. And I really didn't know I could book directly through RCCL at the time. I thought I HAD to use a TA. Don't question my ethics without knowing the facts.

Pretty judgemental of you.

I don't understand, your statements seem to contradict each other. But to answer the original question yes, if the TA will agree.

You probably can get it changed to RCCL, but I would leave this res with the agency so you don't incur additional charges. Should they refuse to give you a price reduction when one is due you, then I would fight tooth and nail to have them transfer it back to RCCL.

It's a lesson we all learn. If you aren't losing anything, what difference does it make now? You can still control your res by checking prices etc. If they give you the reduction and don't reduce any obc you might get from them, you are still ahead. I know you didn't say you were getting obc or insurance or anything, but most of these online agencies do that. Why pay more?????

Good luck and now you know what you want to do.

Katie

Thanks Kate. Appreciate your thoughts. That's exactly what I plan to do. Guess you should only take a res away if the TA doesn't help you. Didn't think of the ramifications of doing this. Wouldn't want to be unethical.

But you have caused them time and time is money. When you book direct there is not much to it. But for TA's there is. We have to do paper work and invoicing to keep track of your booking, mainly for accounting purposes. You may not have seen them do anything with your booking but I will guarantee you they have spent time on it.

My point exactly....

And to the OP, your original post stated that you have booked with RCI direct in the past, thus my question of your ethics.

As others have said, why not just monitor the rates and advise the online agency if you see a price reduction and ask them to make adjustments if warranted. This way you are not taking away from the agency you booked from and getting what you need done at the same time.... and are still in "Control" !

I used to book with this TA all the time, back when they could discount the cruises. I used to get the best prices from them. Now they can't discount and I've discoverd it's just easier to book with RCCL. It's not a big deal. I check for decreases regularly, but it's simpler to deal with RCCL than a TA when I find them.

My TA in the UK discounted my cruise by £50 below RCCL price,that was per person

My TA in the UK discounted my cruise by £50 below RCCL price,that was per person

Don't be telling people about that - RCCL can stop your TA from doing any bookings with them if they discounted under RCCL's price. It is strictly forbidden.

Archived