What is a superior ocean view - OV or Balcony?

If Sovereign is similar to Monarch.:) And I believe it is after the refurb...then a Superior Ocean View is still an Ocean View/Window cabin. Only the Junior Suite and above suites have balconies. :)

That is...if you are talking about Sovereign. There are so many S's but yes, I am guessing Sovereign.

thanks for your explanation. It just seems to me like there should be something you can get on a short cruise that is less than a junior suite to get some fresh air. $799 seems like a lot when I just want to feel some fresh air at night.

Its kinda confusing because the price in the last column said starts at $379 (or $389?), but then it said deluxe and suites or something. And come to find out its just a ocean view for that price. It jumps way up to $799 to get to the next category available.

Im still figuring out RCI pricing...just confuzzled, so thanks

We've been on Monarch a few times, and we also need a balcony cabin. There is a big price jump on those short cruises to get a balcony, and it has to be a Junior Suite. And I agree that the pricing is confusing, because the "Superior Ocean View" gets bandied around a lot, and designates a balcony (I think) on some other ships. :)

It was even more confusing on Empress, which had even odder designations. :rolleyes:

We've been on Monarch a few times, and we also need a balcony cabin. There is a big price jump on those short cruises to get a balcony, and it has to be a Junior Suite. And I agree that the pricing is confusing, because the "Superior Ocean View" gets bandied around a lot, and designates a balcony (I think) on some other ships. :)

It was even more confusing on Empress, which had even odder designations. :rolleyes:

I can see I have a lot to learn. :o (Now if I could only get those OV windows to open hahahhahahaha, Id be all set). I guess those ocean breezes are what every cruiser wants, thats why the price jump. hmmmm I dont care so much about the extra space, just like a breeze at night.

Well, I tried...durn on that Superior OV.

Archived