Military Discount?

Raider07

Yes, Princess does offer a Military discount. Here is the wording by one popular online travel agency that offers military rates:

Princess offers military discounts to members of the U.S. military who are active, reserve, or have served for 20+ years. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking.

I called Princess and was told I had to book through SATO or an approved interline agency.

Hi,

So why is it that the military discount only applies for US Armed Forces personnel?

There are members of other military forces such as the Canadian Forces who cruise with Princess.

The US Armed Forces are not the only troops fighting in the middle east. While American soldiers are dying in Iraq, Canadians and others are dying in southern Afghanistan.

Just because Princess' offices are in California, good ole USA, it's about time that Princess recognized the fact that the US Armed Forces are not the only ones in the world fighting terrorism.

If they truly consider themselves a global cruiseline (and their mother line was P&O) then they should start taking a more global look at the world and appreciate those military personnel (NZ, Aus, Cdn, UK) that are fighting for the freedom they enjoy.

Get with the times Princess!!! Your self centred approach to your military discount is biased and very degrading to other military personnel around the world.

Ciao for now!!!

i would think that if you checked your TA they could make the request through Princess to provide a military fare.

and to be truthful, not many folks advertise that a military fare is available. i know first hand, i am retired military serving 24 years. each time i book i ask if there s a military discount.

i have found that not all cruiselines and not all cruises are subject to a discount. so again you may have to ask!

I book with US based TAs and the US based Princess call center so perhaps discounts are offered internationally. ???Couldn't hurt to check locally. I do know that Princess only with in the past year or two started offering military discounts. This discounts are only on select sailings too.

Carnival offers a military discount and you don't have to be active or be a career soldier. All you need with them is 2 years continuous active duty and it can go back to WWII if necessary. Then again, if you go back far enough, you get their senior discount. :)

Pia

Carnival offers a military discount and you don't have to be active or be a career soldier. All you need with them is 2 years continuous active duty and it can go back to WWII if necessary. Then again, if you go back far enough, you get their senior discount. :)

Pia

Sadly, they won't apply both discounts... you have to chose one.

Since you don't look quite like a senior, I think you should choose service. :D

LOL! I found out because we are bringing my Dad on our next cruise... he is both a veteran and a senior. But thank you! ;)

Checked with Princess and with parent Carnival. Military discount only applicable to US forces. Very poor on their part! I believe my son and his colleagues (in the Canadian forces and indeed British, Italian etc) should ALL be able to enjoy this discount.

Debbie

Checked with Princess and with parent Carnival. Military discount only applicable to US forces. Very poor on their part! I believe my son and his colleagues (in the Canadian forces and indeed British, Italian etc) should ALL be able to enjoy this discount.

Debbie

I agree that is VERY bad business on their part... unless the US military is actually subidising these discounts, there is no reason to deny the discount based on nationality.

Debbie

I would imagine it works the same as other maketing plans the cruise lines have. That is why not all fares are the same from country to country. The benefit is no different from that of being a senior or school teacher, etc. There are certain groups that they want to market to and some groups they do not.

I book with US based TAs and the US based Princess call center so perhaps discounts are offered internationally. ???Couldn't hurt to check locally. I do know that Princess only with in the past year or two started offering military discounts. This discounts are only on select sailings too.

Princess does not offer the military discount directly, only as you stated above through an approved TA. :)

Since you don't look quite like a senior, I think you should choose service. :D

I think it's so funny that vjmatty changed her picture in her avatar to a picture of her dog :D ! New people won't get it! The dog doesn't look like a senior, either :eek: !

We've tried to use the military discount a couple of times, but it's only available on "select" sailings and can't be combined with certain other discounts.

It's great if you can get it!

For information..Carnival offers NO discounts to police/military/firefighters etc, here unlike the USA.

Wrong I reckon. Also no seniors discounts...I am all 3...senior, ex police/army. Full fare for everybody here :confused:

Discounts offered in one country, should apply worldwide, after all, Carnival carries pax from all over the world on it's Princess, Cunard P&O ships.

Most of the cruise lines offer military discounts. These discounts apply to only some cruises and only some cabin classes.

There are several internet sites where you can find the discounts if you search.

For Princess these are the rules:

Princess offers military discounts to members of the U.S. military who are active, reserve, or have served for 20+ years. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking.

I think it's so funny that vjmatty changed her picture in her avatar to a picture of her dog :D ! New people won't get it! The dog doesn't look like a senior, either :eek: !

:D Actually there are two dogs in the picture, and no they are not seniors... just turned one year old on Sunday ;)

For Princess these are the rules:

You forgot the most important part reservations must be made only through a qualified TA. :)

Princess does offer a good discount for the those that have served there country in the good times and war time. We will be using that discount in August on our Hawaii cruise. We went thru Interliner to get the discount. We are also getting a discount in November with Carnvial for our cruise then. That cruise was booked through Carnvial.

Fiorita

Archived