I mean really what are you doing on the balcony?

flagger

That would surely put a quick end to one or two things we enjoy on our balcony! In random order:

1. Breakfast with glorious coffee!

2. Evening martini or glass of wine.

3. Mid-day quiet reading.

4. Sunning.

5. Uncrowded glacier watching (ditto for all other types of scenery)

6. Occasional napping.

7. Romantic interludes ....

Boy, can't wait until October 13 and Mercury Mexico! It's been too long since my last balcony!!!!

well lets see......

first i put on my chicken outfit and mrs d dress up like a school girl. then we....oh forget it i would probably bore you with the details.

Ok that was just fowl... :D

I myself am more of the plushy variety, not the furry. It is going to be very hard to pack. Now wouldn't THAT be a fun group cruise.

Honestly after reading that blogger entry and then thinking back to the numbers of posts on various boards there have been many many posts asking about the most private balconies. From what I can tell on the M class ships, even the PH suites can be looked in on from above from the other aft cabins.

So I really was wondering what on earth are people doing on the balcony that they want privacy for. And if you are on the port or starboard side then I am sure the deck officer can get a good view and might have stories to tell.

Now I don't know about french maid's outfits, but I do have some leather gear that I will let go for a thong!

Hey Flag--I didn't know you had a lisp!!! :rolleyes:

Yes, you can see down onto the balconies, but only partially---especially the aft cabins, they are approx. 2/3 covered--you'd REALLY have to try hard to sneak a peek!!! :eek: :eek:

Anyone have the balcony over or beside Flaggers? We need pictures of the leather or the plush, whichever he decides to take! Potential pix takers email me off board and we will talk fees! :D :D

All others, 8 x 10's will be reasonably priced!

Anyone have the balcony over or beside Flaggers? We need pictures of the leather or the plush, whichever he decides to take! Potential pix takers email me off board and we will talk fees! :D :D

All others, 8 x 10's will be reasonably priced!

I work right beside Canada Place...maybe I can catch him in the act before the ship sails :)

Flagger, we were on the deck above the Penthouse Suites aft. You most certainly do overlook their balcony, actually that was so big that you would have to call it a veranda. All I ever saw was 3 bored teens and their grandmother bringing them pizza every afternoon. I just felt sorry for the grandmother having spent all that money for the Penthouse and having three teens who couldn't figure out how to have a good time on a beautiful ship.

Flagger has talked in the passed about just sitting on his balcony and watching the sceneary go by. That's my idea of a balcony. :)

Just breakfast in the morning here.

My next cruise, I'll be about as far along as they'll let me be and let me on ths ship. The balcony will make a nice alternative to doing a beached whale imitation by the pool in my awful maternity suit (the only ones I can find being sold now are bikinis ... I think not!)

Jerin, How about just a light loose coverup and forget about the stupid bathingsuits they are trying to sell. I've spent many happy hours in the pool area not in a bathingsuit. The lounges in the shade are a great place for reading and people watching. :)

Flagger, then there are those of us who only have "regular cabins"...not even a window....just a plain inside cabin.....so your question.....what is so special about a balcony? I have no idea...never had one....and probably never will.

Rosie, Not a chance in my beautiful car. :eek: That's what cruises are for. :D

Lois, We do most of our cruises in the "regular" cabins and have had a fantastic time on each and every one of them. Personally, from what I read from your posts, you would be wasting your money on a veranda. You are too much of a people person to spend time on the veranda. Cruise inside and often. :)

Hi BT:)

thanks...I like that........lets hope it can continue for me.......cruise often:D

Maybe if I had a partner and we could afford a balcony I would do it one day...but until then.....I am happy with what I can afford to do now.

Lois,

Hey, we have cruises that fit & there are cruises that don't fit!

All of the pcs just don't fall into perfect place! You may sail with some of us & you may not sail with others. You can't structure your life based on the rest of the world! Enjoy what you have and don't be-labor what you don't have or cannot do! We're all friends in the end!

I'm with Lois on this one.

I don't go cruising to waste time on a balcony looking at the water, reading a book, sipping coffee or getting a tan.

I can do that for free on my patio overlooking my backyard pool.

If I can get more cruises in with an inside cabin, that's for me!

I'll passively look at the water when I get home!

love

joan

I'm with Lois on this one.

I don't go cruising to waste time on a balcony looking at the water, reading a book,

I can do that for free on my patio overlooking my backyard pool.

That is exactly what I plan to do. I do not consider it a waste of time by any stretch of the imagination. Since I don't have a pool, I think the Inside Passage will have to suffice. If I am lucky, we will be rarely leaving our cabin.

My kind of vacation. Not yours? That is ok too.

Archived