I mean really what are you doing on the balcony?

flagger

We have done inside and balcony and enjoyed both. With the balcony we tended to get room service breakfast most days and enjoy it on the balcony (while still in our jammies) very relaxing and decadent feeling but we usually had simpler breakfasts ( coffee, croissents, muffins etc.) With an inside we went most mornings to the dinning room. We had eggs Benedict, bagels and lox etc with superb service. Both enjoyable both different.

I'm sorry, but to those that say a balcony is not necessary---you just might try one before giving such a stong opinion!

Balconies are wonderful---all the time--no, sometimes--absolutely! We don't spend all the time on the balcony, I am a VERY people-person, but I like my quiet time as well. To me personally, there is NOTHING better than an aft balcony to relax & enjoy!

Like Flag said---my kind of vacation---maybe not yours!

See, that's what makes cruising the perfect vacation. Something for everyone. Want a balcony - get a balcony, want lots of ports - stop at lots of ports. No right or wrong answer.:D

I personally think the balcony just offers additional benefits such as the peaceful breakfast in our robes one day, but the option of eggs benedict in the dining room another. Peaceful sunsets while waiting to go to dinner, or fun pre-dinner cocktails in the martini bar.

Gotta just love the choices!

On our cruise in Nov, I awoke in the middle of the night--2 or 3 AM and went out on the balcony just to take a look---gorgeous--- a full moon reflecting on the open sea.... I'll never forget that moment. (I smile just thinking about it.)Can't take another cruise without a balcony!!!

That's the statement we tend to forget. Whatever we decide to do, that's the right cruise for us. :) I think many times when we say that we certainly don't need more than an inside cabin, it simply means that it's not in the budget or we don't want to spend the extra money for something we don't need, so an inside will be just perfect. Others say they couldn't possibly cruise unless they had a veranda. That means they can afford it and wouldn't be happy with an inside so obviously they cruise with a veranda. Others go on their first cruise hoping for the very best vacation expierience and book the veranda to make the most of it and may decide for the next cruise they don't need one, or they couldn't cruise with out one. Others wouldn't cruise unless they were in a suite.

Personally, I would love to cruise in the Penthouse but that's never going to happen. :D In the meantime I will be happy on any cruise I'm on. There is no right or wrong answer.

I picked our balcony for several reasons (these were before I even got excited about the thought of cruising):

I had never wanted to cruise because I really didn't want to be stuck in one place.

I am extremely claustrophobic.

Ms. Flagger always wanted to cruise.

I wanted to go to Alaska as did she.

We had planned on spending our 10th anniversary in Australia.

Our daughter came along which ruled out Oz for now.

I said I would cruise only if we had a balcony and could afford it.

I have since learned:

For many a balcony is a must when cruising Alaska.

A balcony will be invaluable when our DD sleeps and we can be just feet away watching the scenery go by without being stuck looking at four walls or in a darkened cabin.

I think I will be happy on our balcony instead of on deck watching the scenery go by as I am not a crowd person.

Hi..Flagger, I know your cruise is soon...have a good time.:)

Quote by BT~

"Personally, I would love to cruise in the Penthouse but that's never going to happen. :D In the meantime I will be happy on any cruise I'm on. There is no right or wrong answer."

BT...that is the correct reply.....there is no right or wrong....there are times when I cannot even afford a window...so I go inside......Nobody says this too much, but alot of it is FINANCIAL....period. I don't even look at balconies or suites.

I would say everyone on here has one thing in common (we all love to cruise) but our wants and needs are quite different from one another.

We have done inside and balcony and enjoyed both. With the balcony we tended to get room service breakfast most days and enjoy it on the balcony (while still in our jammies) very relaxing and decadent feeling but we usually had simpler breakfasts ( coffee, croissents, muffins etc.) With an inside we went most mornings to the dinning room. We had eggs Benedict, bagels and lox etc with superb service. Both enjoyable both different.

While I haven't tried this myself, I've been advised that with room service, you can just about order ANYTHING, even though it's not on the "menu". You just have to add it on the "order slip". As long as it's do-able, room service will get it for you. So Egg Benedict, begels etc can be enjoyed on your balcony. What more can you ask for ? ;)

This is one of the great things about the forum, you get some great tips online.:D Couldn't do without.............

Except for those yummy CC class breakfast menu items. They're pretty serious about that being only for CC.

Hi Tuggers,

What items are on the CC class breakfast menu? I'll do the test and see if that's just a hoax.:rolleyes:

This will be interesting to see..... ;)

Archived