Messed up our reservation....

I was on RCCL in our booking and decided to have a look at the rooms that were available. We are in the back of the boat, so i thought it wouldnt hurt to change to a guarantee instead. No where on the page did it say that this would change my price. I accepted and low and behold our price was raised $350! I freaked out, and i called the customer service number. She gave me our room back but said I would have to call tomorrow to speak with someone about getting our prior reservation price back. It was an honest mistake and i am going to be freaking out until its straightened out! Our final payment is due in 3 weeks!

Has anyone had this experience before and were they able to give you your price back? I called within a minute of realizing what had happened and the lady told me that she wrote about it in the comments....

I know $350 isnt alot of change, but I wasnt planning for it, and my S/O will kill me if my obsession with this vacation ended up costing us MORE money...

I was on RCCL in our booking and decided to have a look at the rooms that were available. We are in the back of the boat, so i thought it wouldnt hurt to change to a guarantee instead. No where on the page did it say that this would change my price. I accepted and low and behold our price was raised $350! I freaked out, and i called the customer service number. She gave me our room back but said I would have to call tomorrow to speak with someone about getting our prior reservation price back. It was an honest mistake and i am going to be freaking out until its straightened out! Our final payment is due in 3 weeks!

Has anyone had this experience before and were they able to give you your price back? I called within a minute of realizing what had happened and the lady told me that she wrote about it in the comments....

I know $350 isnt alot of change, but I wasnt planning for it, and my S/O will kill me if my obsession with this vacation ended up costing us MORE money...

I have actually had this happen twice now....and both times the RCCL rep went back to the previous price on the reservation...so now with any change.. cabin / category etc... I call and let them change it...

I also had this happen. My Dh got very upset with me. He called and got the room I had wanted in the same category that we'd originally booked at the original booking price. So everything ended up working out:)

when you pretend to book, dont do it with your real reservation. check the price and other cabins by just making a pretend reservation.

I am sure they will give you back your old price....just call and get it fixed tomorrow.

when you pretend to book, dont do it with your real reservation. check the price and other cabins by just making a pretend reservation.

I am sure they will give you back your old price....just call and get it fixed tomorrow.

Exactly. Make sure you are NOT logged in.

I called customer service as soon as i finished my Ethics final and luckily Blue, the customer service agent was able to get my price back to the low low price of $600 ish per person. I was so worried last night I had a hard time studing for my exam and I had a hard time falling asleep. I am so relieved that RCCL was able to fix my minor mistake!

I was in our reservation only because i was hoping to find a room that was more midship. Unfortunately, they only had ones at the polar ends of the boat...honestly, I dont know how much difference that will make to us anyway. Also, I was thinking that by switching to a guarantee i would have better odds of a bump....

I know i know, I am being greedy! I will just be happy to be on vacation and get some much needed alone time with my S/O.

Thanks everyone for your help!:D

Archived