"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

Is there an official announcement somewhere? When will the last Mariner PC cruises happen? I'm not ready for Freedom class yet, I'll be disappointed if there isn't a Voyager class ship in any Florida port. That probably would send me to Carnival. I like that Mariner could still go to Coco Cay but want something larger and different stuff for kids than the Majesty.

Hi,

All of my cruises have been out of Port Canaveral - only a 6 hour drive from Charleston. The Mariner holds a special place in my vacation memory bank. Guess I'll need to think about a 3rd cruise on her before she moves!

Thanks for the information.

Deborah

We cruise out of Port Canaveral with our kids after visiting Disney every year. We had cruised Disney until the Mariner came along...we are now sailing the Mariner for the second time in July. We prefer Royal Caribbean's Voyager or Freedom Class ships to Disney as there is so much for the adults as well as kids....we will miss the Mariner but it would be fun to try a Freedom Class ship too...here's hoping we will have the chance!

I do agree with the difference as of now and have been thinking about switching to MOS next January instead of Freedom in Feb. -- a JS at that time is less than the D1 we have booked.

Im thinking of going on her again in january too...when are you looking at? I just cant resist getting on her a couple of more times before she leaves

My 1st 2 cruises were on Carnival but since I was on the Mariner I have only wanted to be on RCCL ships. I hope RCCL doesn't force me to go back to Carnival. I love the Mariner and it is my favorite ship. Please replace her with something comparable! PC is the most convenient port for us. We have gone out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami but PC beats them by far in terms of location, ease and convenience.

Kathy

Kathy...I only cruised carnival, my TA tried hard to get me to go to RCCL and then my family wanted to take a cruise and wanted to do a voyager class ship because of all the stuff for kids....well that was it. I walked onto the Explorer of the Seas and fell in love! There are no ships like them and as many times as I have been on the mariner I still find new things to go. I prefer the mariner because of its leaving from port canaveral and as we have all agreed....the staff...there are no better...I cant tell you how much I am going to miss all of them!

I have a friend who is good friends with Adam...not only did I email him, I made sure he called him too lol! If we dont tell rccl how we feel about the loss of the voyager class ships then they wont change anything!

Im thinking of going on her again in january too...when are you looking at? I just cant resist getting on her a couple of more times before she leaves

Jan. 6 -- Eastern -- The itinerary has San Juan instead of CocoCay

I have a friend who is good friends with Adam...not only did I email him, I made sure he called him too lol! If we dont tell rccl how we feel about the loss of the voyager class ships then they wont change anything!

That's why I started the thread!!! We need to let RCCL hear how much we love Port C!!!

Jan. 6, 2008 -- Eastern -- The itinerary has San Juan instead of CocoCay

That's why I started the thread!!! We need to let RCCL hear how much we love Port C!!! Great that your friend knows Adam and is emailing and calling

If Mariner indeed goes to the left coast, leave Capt Johnny and the crew for a Freedom class in PC.

Hey, no fair !!!!! :mad: :p

I'm one of those who is absolutely delighted at the thought of the Mariner moving west . . . she has a very special place in our cruising heart . . . but I want the whole package, dang it! :D

That being said, I'm still very much in favor of keeping a top-notch ship in Port Canaveral. We'll still want a nice cruise to combine with our Disney vacations.

Remember all-The Independence of The Seas is slated to go to Fort Lauderdale(Port Everglades) in Nov.'08 when she returns from the UK..I doubt they would send her to PC so soon..makes more sense if The Mariner does go to L.A.,then either the Freedom or the Liberty would move to PC.Then when the first Genesis ship comes in the fall of '09,there would still be one Freedom ship in Miami....

Went on the Freedom on Nov-was amazing..much nicer than both the AOS or the Mariner(which we loved),especially the Adult Solarium and kids H20 Zone where there was a HUGE difference between the ships...loved the flowrider,too....BTW,Becky luv is suppose to takeover the Liberty in July this summer......those canti-levered hot tubs just about killed me,too!!!

I just know if they don't put another 7 day cruise going out of PC I will have to find another cruise line going out of there...because to me that is the easiest port ...and more yet we like to visit Disney and can stay in Orlando and drive over that morn...so RCCI I sure hope you listen to us...

I truly hope that RCI puts a Radiance class ship in PC. Not interested in going on anything larger than Voyager class, I just don't want a ship that big and it will close the market from PC to many of us that feel that way.

Sorry, if we're sweet enough to send you our favorite ship, you just get her. We get to keep our favorite captain. Fair is fair here.

I agree on that can we keep Capt. Johnny would be nice...oh and throw in Becky also...then we will take a Freedom class....lol

I don't mind if it is Freedom class....but I don't care for anything bigger then that.

Please be fair and share with the rest of us. ;)

I like the idea that Voyager will be sailing our of Galveston from December 2007 through March 2008. That way I get to sail on her too (January 13, 2008).

Since I don't fly the only way I'll get to Miami is by car which is a 2 1/2 day road trip for me. That won't be a problem when I retire in 2 years but for now I am stuck with either leaving from New Orleans or Galveston. And since this is my first time on Royal Caribbean I am counting the days.

Voyager of the Seas - January 2008

Norwegian SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

Count us in w/those in mourning over losing the Mariner! Have to agree w/Jim [Rose City] that the crew does make the ship so whatever we get let's hope that Becky & Capt. Johnny stay in PC! Have #6 booked on the Mariner so I say nothing can "replace" her, just take her berth. It would be nice to have new itineraries also & not have to pay 50% more! Will be interesting to watch this all unfold. Hopefully RCI will make the announcements before the TAs or a hundred more rumors get started here.

We just got off the mariner and were told by our head waiter that in 2009 the first Genisis class ship would be placed in Port Canaveral. I hope not.

Im glad someone said this. THis is what i was thinking since I first heard this. I thought it was too ironic that they were to move her in 2009 and Genesis is comming out in 2009.

We just got off the mariner and were told by our head waiter that in 2009 the first Genisis class ship would be placed in Port Canaveral. I hope not.

Oh I pray this is wrong...I don't have any desire to go on the Genisis...just to big...to many people!

Archived