Sunday's comic Lockhorns

cruisingclay

My DW said it reminded her of me the week before we go cruising the Caribbean. I like to mix some frozen drinks and put on some island music like Buffet, Beach Boys, Wailers or some steel drums to get me in the mood. Am I the only one?

1517211201_theLockhorns.jpg.64a06b2a875af51b767424fb89dae884.jpg

Nope you are not the only one. I even have made up a set of Jimmy Buffett songs and burned them to a couple of CD's. (This was all purchased music). Plus I have a a songlist on my S50 (a combo Satelite radio/mp3 player) that I consider "going on a cruise" music.

When we had our Baltic cruises to look forward to, I played our video of "Hans Christian Andersen" to hear Danny Kaye sing "Wonderful Copenhagen!" I still have my 78-rpm Decca platter of that song, with "Thumbelina" on the other side, but our turntable isn't hooked up to any speakers. Copenhagen remains one of my favorite places on Earth.

Well I guess it beats "There's Got to Be a Morning After", "My Heart Will Go On Forever" and Nearer My God to Thee".

"There's Got to be a morning after" Didn't that Skinny Carpenter girl sing that song. Ha Ha Ha! I also like UB40 "Red Red Wine" (a Neal Diamond song)

"There's Got to be a morning after" Didn't that Skinny Carpenter girl sing that song. Ha Ha Ha!

I don't think so. I believe it was Maureen Mcgovern. (I may have the wrong spelling for that last name.)

Archived