AOS portifino only? or CHOPS as well?

AOS only has Portifinos. The desserts are excellent but I prefer Chops over Portifinos for the Steaks. The steak at Portifinos had an odd taste, not spoiled odd, but a different flavor that I did not care for.

Not sure if anyone noticed but the 2007-2008 RCCL brochure shows the Adventure, NOS and MOS having both Chops and Portofino.

I know it only has Portofinos but anyone that is just looking at the brochure might think different.

AOS only has Portifinos. The desserts are excellent but I prefer Chops over Portifinos for the Steaks. The steak at Portifinos had an odd taste, not spoiled odd, but a different flavor that I did not care for.

Our steaks at Portofino on AOS were outstanding. :)

Not sure if anyone noticed but the 2007-2008 RCCL brochure shows the Adventure, NOS and MOS having both Chops and Portofino.

I know it only has Portofinos but anyone that is just looking at the brochure might think different.

And the website shows Voyager class ships with a canopy over the solariums, too. It would be nice if they could get their facts straight.

Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure only have Portofino's. Navigator and Mariner have both Portifino's and Chops. NONE of them have a canopy over their solariums.

When we cruised on Freedom last fall I was so excited to go to Chops since they did not have it on our AOS cruise 2 years earlier. Now I am definently a steak and potatoes person .....however I was shocked that I actually preferred Portofino. I loved everything from the pear salad with the sugar coated nuts, the seafood skewer, and last but not least the dessert sampler -- my favorite was the the creme brulee!!!

How much do you think RC should pay me to proofread all of their materials?

I would be more than happy to visit each ship and supply RCI administration with a list of the amenities aboard each one.

The OPs have already answered the question...but I would like to add that we ate at Portofino's while onboard AOS, and both DH and I would highly recommend it. I especially enjoyed the mushroom pasta.

Archived