Inside cabin overlooking promenade on Voyage/Adventure

Hi I am interested in the Voyager or the Adventure of the Seas, they have inside cabins on deck 6 that overlooks the promenade, I was wondering how those rooms are? Noisey? do the doors open like a traditional balcony? I have been on the Voyager in 2001 but never got any information on those cabins. Is it better than an outside cabin? Obviously you don't see out but it maybe intersting. Please advise.

Thanks

I have the cow butt room (the Ben & Jerry's Sweet) -- which is a Promenade room -- booked on the Freedom. I did a bunch of research on this site before I booked it and found threads that mentioned that Deck 6 will have more noise than the others. I went ahead and booked on Deck 6 anyhow since I am oblivious to noise and action attracts me. Most seemed to favor Deck 7 because you could still see out as well as you could on Deck 6, yet you wouldn't hear the noise from being right above a bar or other business, and most said that Deck 8 was too far to be able to see down well and people-watch. That's the sum of what I got from reading the threads.

I'll be able to post my first-hand experiences when I return from PR 6305 in September 2008, but let's hope you receive more responses before then. :)

They're pretty neat rooms, IMO. I haven't stayed in one, but my SIL/BIL did on a cruise we all took together. We had a kid with us and the promenade staterooms are two-person only. It is fun being able to people-watch from those rooms. They do not have balconies, though; just a big window overlooking the promenade.

We are booked on the Freedom for the Jun 17 sailing. We have a deck 6 promenade. Have never stayed in one before, but we are usually out and about at night, so hopefully the noise won't be a problem by the time we are ready to sleep. I also, after reading the threads, seem to think deck 7 would be the best, but also can let you know when we return. We are somewhat towards to the mid-ship, maybe a tad bit more forward. If one was an early retiree, then I would be concerned, but do not have worries being late night people. Also, the windows, I do not believe open. Cabin doors are like an inside cabin, you just have the large window overlooking interior of ship, instead of a large porthole looking outside. :)

It's basically an inside cabin--overlooking the inside of the ship! If you're claustrophobic, and don't want to pay for an OV or balcony, this may be for you! It gives the illusion of openess, because of the window. The window does not open. Make sure you close the drapes when dressing!

We were on deck 7 in Feb. It was great for people watching as we were directly across from the Promenade Cafe. It was a bit noisey when there was a band playing, but DH could still get in his afternoon nap. I loved having the little sofa plus the window seat. It seemed like we had much more room in that end of the room. The only thing I didn't like was the width of the room. There was very little space between the end of the bed and the curved edge of the vanity- desk. One had to be very careful on the way around that corner of the bed while heading to the bathroom! And the slippery ( but lovely) new bedding did slide off and grab me if I didn't pay attention late at night.:rolleyes:

We stayed in a promenade room on the Explorer a couple of years ago, and we'll be in one again in December on the Freedom. We really didn't hear any noise at all except during the parades, and even then, it was very muffled. The window is a bay window, and it does make the room feel larger than it is. Bell Ringer is right about the width of the room - be careful moving around the end of the bed! For the two of us, it was great. As for the cost, I don't think it was any more than maybe $100 total to bump up from an inside cabin.

My ques...(got so excited I forgot to ask)...if it is an "inside" room are you paying less or more since you do get a view?

The PR cabins are priced as inside cabins but they are at the top of the inside pecking order. We have found the 7th and 8th decks on the Voyager class ships the best as you are at least one deck above the "noise" on the promenade level. We stay mid-ships and get adjoining cabins as we have two teen/pre-teen kids. I have also found that PR cabins don't always sell out and I've been able to get price reduction credits. :)

In summary, if you don't mind being inside, these offer more room and a "view" for just a little more than a regular inside cabin.

We stayed in a promenade room on the Explorer a couple of years ago, and we'll be in one again in December on the Freedom. We really didn't hear any noise at all except during the parades, and even then, it was very muffled. The window is a bay window, and it does make the room feel larger than it is. Bell Ringer is right about the width of the room - be careful moving around the end of the bed! For the two of us, it was great. As for the cost, I don't think it was any more than maybe $100 total to bump up from an inside cabin.

Thank you..that isn't much and I think the view is very unique!! I would stay in one of those rooms!!

The PR cabins are priced as inside cabins but they are at the top of the inside pecking order. We have found the 7th and 8th decks on the Voyager class ships the best as you are at least one deck above the "noise" on the promenade level. We stay mid-ships and get adjoining cabins as we have two teen/pre-teen kids. I have also found that PR cabins don't always sell out and I've been able to get price reduction credits. :)

In summary, if you don't mind being inside, these offer more room and a "view" for just a little more than a regular inside cabin.

I could handle this type of "inside" room no problem! I still would have a view to the outside, so to speak. Thank you for th info!!!

Hot.... On our Adventure cruise next Feb... the price difference is exactly $50 between an inside cabin and the PR cabin. Totally worth it! We choose the less expensive cabins to help off-set the cost of airfare when necessary.

This will be our 2nd time to stay in a PR cabin. We had one on Navigator. Considering all of our other cabins had balconies, I was totally prepared to be claustrophobic, but I found we had plenty of room!

As a previous poster said, it's a tight fit between the bed and the wall, but somehow we managed to come up with a system... most of the time we just climbed over the bed. There really is lots of room in the seating area in front of the big window.

We chose deck 7 on Navigator, just to be up a floor from the action below. I've been under the pool deck and above bars before, so I like having cabins above and below if possible.

We just got off a cruise where we had a promenade room. I would rank them a notch above an inside room. They give you some great people viewing and a great vantage point for the parades. We really missed the ability to see what the weather was doing outside. So if it were the difference between going and not going we would do it again, but if we could make the jump to an outside room we would take that in a heartbeat. It was interesting that we seemed to be in the minority in having our curtains open. Because of the ability of the people across the promenade to see in to your room most folks seemed to keep closed up.

Hot.... On our Adventure cruise next Feb... the price difference is exactly $50 between an inside cabin and the PR cabin. Totally worth it! We choose the less expensive cabins to help off-set the cost of airfare when necessary.

This will be our 2nd time to stay in a PR cabin. We had one on Navigator. Considering all of our other cabins had balconies, I was totally prepared to be claustrophobic, but I found we had plenty of room!

As a previous poster said, it's a tight fit between the bed and the wall, but somehow we managed to come up with a system... most of the time we just climbed over the bed. There really is lots of room in the seating area in front of the big window.

We chose deck 7 on Navigator, just to be up a floor from the action below. I've been under the pool deck and above bars before, so I like having cabins above and below if possible.

Thank you for the info...to me I think it seems like a great room, I mean something different!!! It is like a hotel room! I think I would want deck 7 though to avoid the noise but other than that I wouldn't worry about the room. We just did the Sovereign and had a sov on deck 9 for four of us and we never felt cramped so I think we could do two in this type of room easily..lol..course our real objective is to someday have a balcony so I guess it would come down to $$ but yes I would take a room like this, esp for $50! I would not take an inside with no window though..ugh~ :eek:

I've stayed in the PR cabins twice and can honestly say I'd prefer a regular inside cabin. What I don't like about the PR cabins is that the beds are right in the middle of the room. You have to literally squeeze around them to get from the bathroom/closet to the vanity area. This can be a real problem when one person is up while the other is sleeping. At least with a regular inside cabin, the beds can be separated by the curtain. This is just my opinion and might be different if I were traveling with a romantic interest where the beds were pushed together. Because ours are separate, it's a tight squeeze -bare toes beware!

As for noise, the first time we were directly above the Pig and Whistle. You could hear every word of every song played there. The second time, we were above a shop and didn't hear a thing. It completely depends on your cabin selection.

Good luck.

I've stayed in the PR cabins twice and can honestly say I'd prefer a regular inside cabin. What I don't like about the PR cabins is that the beds are right in the middle of the room. You have to literally squeeze around them to get from the bathroom/closet to the vanity area. This can be a real problem when one person is up while the other is sleeping. At least with a regular inside cabin, the beds can be separated by the curtain. This is just my opinion and might be different if I were traveling with a romantic interest where the beds were pushed together. Because ours are separate, it's a tight squeeze -bare toes beware!

As for noise, the first time we were directly above the Pig and Whistle. You could hear every word of every song played there. The second time, we were above a shop and didn't hear a thing. It completely depends on your cabin selection. Pig and whistle?..lol..thanks for the tip, guess if we do stay in one I will ask exactly where the cabin is, thanks!!!!

Good luck.

A promenade cabin. Not sure which ship. Hope it helps.

catPR_VYEXAD_060705_021-vi.jpg

See now I could definitely stay in THIS room!! I think it looks nice!! The window makes it seem open and then you have the couch, you can look out..awww, take me away!!..lol

sorry to the OP if it seems I am taking this thread over, I do not mean too..just got my curiosity going now!! ;)

We just got back from a 3 night trip on Navigator. We had a promenade cabin on deck 8 room 8607. We normally have a balcony room but did not think it was worth the extra money(£200) for 3 nights. We were pleasantly surprised. The room seemed almost as big as usual, lots of cupboard space and extremely quiet. The only thing we kept forgetting was not to walk around in our underwear as the people opposite can see you!

I found it difficult not knowing what the weather was like outside(no outside camera view on TV on this ship) and I also missed some fresh air first thing in the morning so for a longer cruise I'd still go for a balcony. However if you don't mind an inside cabin I think you'll love this.

Julie

Got a question? Can the beds to seperated into two twin beds? Just wondering considering possible adjoining rooms next summer with the kids in one room but can only do if they beds can be seperated.

We have adjoining PR cabins/staterooms on LOS for next week. Hubby and I have the beds together (duh!) and sis and bro in adjoining room have them separated. I requested it when I booked the cruise. If they don't have them apart, your room attendant can take care of it. Happy cruzin!

Archived