Hawaii-Celebrity Excursions

kat9661

Would like to hear reviews from those who have taken shore excursions through Celebrity in Hawaii. My husband and I will be on the Summit this fall and we may opt to take shore excursions rather than go the car rental route. I've been reading the boards the past 9 months so I'm not interested in hearing the pros/cons of car rental vs shore excursions but would like the good and bad of those who have used Celebrity for various excursions.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

Only did one shore excursion (we had friends who rented a car in every port, so we often went with them...) in Kona. We chose the kayak/snorkle trip. It was ONE OF THE BEST SHORE EXCURSIONS EVER!!!!:D

Only about 12 of us on the excursion, ranging in age from mid twenties to mid 70's, and ranging from experienced kayakers to absolute novices. We kayaked out to see some lava tubes, and then 'rafted' together for some amazing snorkling (all equipment provided). Some of the most beuatiful fish! We kayaked back to the beach, watched sea turtles play, had a nice casual picnic, and played with the kayak owner's dog, who liked to chase coconuts! The staff were friendly, helpful, and really took care of those who huffed and puffed a bit, while allowing the experienced kayakers a good fast run. I'm sure we could have arranged this on our own, but the convenience, the location, and the pleasant staff made the price worth it. It was also a shorter package- 4 hours? allowing us to wander around the pier area afterwards. I can't remember the cost...$70.00?

Hope it appeals to you, because, again, we had a great time!

Andrew

569423241_kayakhawai2.jpg.fe6c6dc5e387a26fcca8ee6f6d057341.jpg

Would like to hear reviews from those who have taken shore excursions through Celebrity in Hawaii. My husband and I will be on the Summit this fall and we may opt to take shore excursions rather than go the car rental route. I've been reading the boards the past 9 months so I'm not interested in hearing the pros/cons of car rental vs shore excursions but would like the good and bad of those who have used Celebrity for various excursions.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

We took a bike tour in Hilo which took us around Volcano National Park. There was only one younger couple on the tour with us and three guides. We could easily stop and look at things. There was someone in a truck who followed us and guarded the bikes so we really went places and explored so easily. Most of the trail was level. I did walk the only incline. I'm not that strong anymore.

It was a beautiful excursion and well worth the effort.

Through Celebrity we did

Hilo - a helicopter trip over Volcano National Park. Those on our cruise were less happy with the bus trip into the park, we thought the helicopter trip was great and well organised

Honolulu - we did the Arizone Memorial trip but honestly it is better to do this yourself If takes too long in a group of 40 as they have to wait until they can get a theatre slot for all 40

Kona - We went on the best ever trip, a cloud nature botancal walking trip and visit to an organic coffee farm Just 12 can do this trip and it is a lovely away from it all 4 hours

Maui - we were due to go over to Lanai on the 4x4 trecker but it got washed out we heard from others on a later trip this was a brilliant day out

Unlike uktog, we did the Celebrity Arizona Memorial tour and thought it was well worth the money. Everything was arranged, including the entrance tickets with a great time slot, so everything flowed smoothly and was hassle-free.

We did the secrets of puna(Hilo). Enjoyed it and would do it again, except I did it <g> One could easily do this on their own but I liked being a passenger, being fed and not worrying about right and wrong turns. The snorkeling wasn't great - but the lava trees, park and lava fields and beach were great. I felt worth what we paid.

We also did a snorkel trip in Kona - think it was the Pawai Bay trip. not a great weather day so snorkeling was only so - so and water was pretty rough. Probably would not do a snorkel excursion again as can't guarantee weather/water.

Kauai and Honolulu on our own - didn't even get off the ship in Mauai.

Archived