Items Not Allowed

:( Where do you go to look up items that aren't allowed? Is there an official RCI place? I've been reading that irons and steamers aren't allowed. I would like to know what else I can't bring so I don't goof.

This is from the website, in addition to the irons and candles and such

Q: What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard.

Prohibited items:

Bicycles

Surfboards

Skateboards

Hockey sticks

Personal alcohol

HAM radio equipment

s.gif

Your information is easily accessible on RCI's web site.

This is directly from RCI's web site. A list of what is not allowed on their vessels.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do;jsessionid=0000M3tSQTg_6zhehrOA0UKlcZR:10kohi76p?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=2608&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ%27s

EDIT: Sue L and I were posting at the same time. She provided the info and I above provided the web site reference.

Here's a link to a page on RCCL.com that goes into more detail. It's the Guest Conduct Policy. In short (this blurb is from the third page of the document):

Prohibited Items

Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. (Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.)

It goes on to talk about illegal substances, etc.

Here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

I hope this helps...

KateO

Here's a link to a page on RCCL.com that goes into more detail. It's the Guest Conduct Policy. In short (this blurb is from the third page of the document):

Prohibited Items

Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. (Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.)

It goes on to talk about illegal substances, etc.

Here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

I hope this helps...

KateO

Actually don't worry about bringing your own hair dryer every cabin I've been in has always had one.

d

This is from the website, in addition to the irons and candles and such

Q: What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard.

Prohibited items:

Bicycles

Surfboards

Skateboards

Hockey sticks

Personal alcohol

HAM radio equipment

s.gif

I hope by the time they have those large over-4000 passenger ships built that they might at least allow the skateboards for getting around :D - or maybe they'll have moving walkways like the airports? Nancy

Thanks for all your input. I hadn't seen the Guest Policy before, and I was more interested in the iron and/or steamer for doing clothes. I have the wrinkle spray, but the one time I tried it can't say it did a great job. It was not the downey brand,so maybe I will try that one.

Thanks for all your input. I hadn't seen the Guest Policy before, and I was more interested in the iron and/or steamer for doing clothes. I have the wrinkle spray, but the one time I tried it can't say it did a great job. It was not the downey brand,so maybe I will try that one.

Steamers are allowed, only irons are not. :)

Archived