Room Selection

cdnjules

We are currently booked on the Princess Star for March 2005 B/B. The room that we are tentively booked for is an inside room Cat. II on the Lido Deck. My concern is there going to be alot of noise? (pool above us). If anyone can give me some advise that would be great!

We were in an inside cabin on the Aloha Deck underneath a pool on the Golden Princess. We did not have any problems with noise from the pool. I've read reports that some people have heard the deck chairs being moved around early in the morning.

We have been in an inside cabin "under" the pool a couple of times. Actually, "under" is not totally correct...if you think about it, the pool is actually NEXT to your cabin wall. There is usually one cabin that has noise from the pool machinery (and I don't know which one it is on your ship), but the others do not have any pool noise at all.

The only exception to this is Island night, or whatever they call it on different cruise lines. Take ear plugs if you won't be at the party yourself, because it will be quite noisy from all the dancing above you. But we kind of enjoy the "pool side" rooms, because the pool is quieter than having a service elevator or supply closet that the room stewards work out of right next door.

Thank you verwirrt. Yes your right the bigger pools are above the Aloha Deck but there is also a lap pool and gym/spa above us. That is what I'm worried about. I would think that by towards the evening time the gym is closed down as well as the spa.

We had insides on the Star Lido. My husband and I were in L228 and our friends were in L224 next door. Our cabin was fine but in theirs they could hear the roar of the Spa pool above....so much so that they were moved to a Caribe Balcony. You better believe I strained my ears to hear that noise but couldn't. We loved the location.

Might be worth reading floofyfish's review - "Insanely long review: Star Princess 12day Mediterranean Cruise" - I think she was in a cabin on Lido deck under the gym and had terrible noise problems. Don't know how this relates to your cabin, but perhaps she can give you more info...?

Vivienne

Thank you everyone for the info.

Coral - What room did you guys have?

Pamwinn - We are also on the same side L244 and I was worried about the fun zone above us (just a few rooms down from where you stayed)

Archived