Eurodam invitation

haligonian37

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything else on this so I thought I'd relate what I received in the mail today: a lovely "invitation" along with a brochure to sail on the Eurodam inaugural or the next 8 or so sailings. The brochure also has renditions of 3 cabin choices on the Eurodam, similar to what I've seen in another thread.

The invitation was addressed to Mariner Society members and those are the fares shown. I was pleasantly surprised at the fares, as I thought they would be out of my price range, so I hadn't even checked. My friends had mentioned about a Baltic cruise for next year so this may just be the nudge I need!

For a while I hadn't received any mailings from HAL. I finally called Seattle to ask why and was told they had me listed as a travel agent and they don't send materials to individual TA's, just the office. I had them quickly remove that as I am not a TA and now I receive the mailings, although, not the Eurodam one yet.

Don't feel bad, we didn't get it either and I sure would like to see it.

Maybe because we are booked for the Inaugural....could that be why they didn't sent it to us? :( ...same as Jim.

I'd REALLY like to see it though. :)

I should have clarified that I received the info via snail mail and that I'm in Canada. The return address on the envelope was HAL in Vancouver, so I'm assuming all of the pricing included was in Cdn $$....at least I hope so.

sail, I'll try to scan it and see if it comes out at all legible, I know it's not the same as getting one yourself, but my Mom always taught me to share :). Wish me luck.

img006.jpg.d745b96204ac819134f49c0d7a0c27f4.jpg

img007.jpg.efcda22012c06ef6d820267ae72ff1e7.jpg

img008.jpg.46c919380e6a3c81b5ae546c286dfa57.jpg

img009.jpg.833ba23caac8ff6698fb0db5d77284c8.jpg

Thank you for sharing, Haligonian......BTW, I love your Board name. :)

The print shows a little small but the photos are good. I took out my magnifying glass. Appreciate your posting the pics.

We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise to your beautiful country this summer.

I got the same mailing just a few days ago. Its a nice looking invitation but its not nice being invited to spend money. HA HA!

Like the OP, I didn't think the advertised inaugural sailing and the follow ups during the summer of 2008 too far out of my price range. I admit there are some pretty nice voyages in Europe and a rather interesting transatlantic in August.

But alas, one year too late. I'll be in Europe in 2007 (on Cunard's QE2) and thus will have to pass. Still the introduction of the Eurodam seems rather exciting to me.

David

P.S. I'm also in Canada and thus maybe I got the brochure under the same mass mailing done up here.

Haligonian37

Curious, are you of the Queen Elizabeth High or the St Pats High. Then we could be really nosy and check if you are from the Dal or St Mary's cheering section. Take care.

Thank you for sharing, Haligonian......BTW, I love your Board name. :)

The print shows a little small but the photos are good. I took out my magnifying glass. Appreciate your posting the pics.

We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise to your beautiful country this summer.

Thanks...and it was no problem at all. Well, except for the fact I couldn't get it enhanced enough to actually make it legible to the naked eye, but it was me against the scanner and sadly, it won. (I believe it had an easier day at work than I did)

Hopefully by the time you get here, it'll have warmed up some. We're still in the early stages of our Maritime summer which = below seasonable temps and lots of rain.

Haligonian37

Curious, are you of the Queen Elizabeth High or the St Pats High. Then we could be really nosy and check if you are from the Dal or St Mary's cheering section. Take care.

Sorry Barocl, I didn't go to either QEH or St. Pats as I was born and raised in Cape Breton (I tried for a "caper" type screen name, but no luck), Sydney to be exact. I've lived here for over a decade but that was long after my schooling days. I do consider myself to be a haligonian but Cape Breton will always be my home.

I have to say it's nice to see some "local" content on the board. I never expected to see a response like yours but it was really welcome to me. Am I to assume that you are from this area or did at one time?

We got the Eurodam Invitation today.

I think it's very nicely done and I enjoyed seeing it. I love the 'projected' look for the cabin furnishings. Clean lines, uncluttered.

Haligonian......we'll have two separate days in Sydney in August as we are doing back-to-backs. We'll wave. :)

She whines - "I want mine too!"

Since Sail got hers in Boston today, maybe the invites will work their way down the Atlantic seaboard to DE. :rolleyes:

I mean, we're booked already, but I still want to look at the pretty pictures. Got a note from our TA last week. She got us a fare reduction of $30/pp. Some special was running. Every little bit helps! :)

We didn't get any e-mail with any kind of an invitation.

I didn't get this invitation either, though I did get a nice Grand Voyages brochure in the mail today from HAL. Shame I can't book any of them, though. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived