Fall Tahitian Princess Schedule Posted

budaman

Looks like the TP's presence in French Polynesia in 2008 will be a limited one by the itineraries that were just posted on the Princess site. Only 7 cruises between Oct 10 & Dec. 9 & then goes to South America/Ft Lauderdale for a couple of cruises & then off on 2 World Cruises. Seems like a shame for all the French Polynesia lovers.....especially if regent loses the PG next year also. Gald now I booked the Star Flyer for August.

Mike

http://web.mac.com/csealove/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

I heard that Princess had some sort of contract with French Polynesia that they have the TP there year round for so many years. They have no fulfilled the contract. They still will have the TP there but need to more it out now and then for maintenance as that is hard to come by in French Polynesia.

I believe the financing agreement that brought the Tahitian and Pacific Princess to the Princess fleet only required one ship to be based in French Polynesia for a period of two years, which is now expired.

The requirement was actually that of the French government, which "owned the pink slips" on the two ships, having provided much of the financing to construct them.

The contract may have been null and void when Princess purchased them at the end of the lease period.

After looking at the Schedule again, there is only one World Cruise...the 117 day is a 10 day continuation of the 107 day that includes Scandinavia. That takes the schedule to April & I would imagine they would be picking up Alaska again at that point.

Mike

http://web.mac.com/csealove/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Archived