Would you rather two short cruises or one long one?

lynnber

Thinking ahead to next year, I can book a three day cruise, and then a four day cruise six months later, or one seven day cruise.

Transportation to the cruise isn't a problem since I'm in South Florida. Having just done a three day cruise, I feel it was too short to really relax, but I'm sure if I was offered another one in six months, I'd grab it. Just wondering what other's would do... this is a very good problem :)

IMO short cruises are just like two beers...tasty but just enough to p*ss you off. Even 7 days is to short.

I'd prefer a longer cruise....say 10-14 days.

Where's the link for that info?

here's one link to a thread that discusses it (see serene's post); and if you look at cotton's siggy, you can see that her CTN counted toward her platinum status. i have never taken a CTN. for me, they are overpriced compared to a deal you can get for a longer one. will hop on miracle's oct one if it comes down. but, that is doubtful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=339290&highlight=CTN+platinum

IMHO, the worst part of a cruise is the embarkation process, including being tired from travelling, the last night on board :( , and debarkation. On a 3 day cruise, that really only gives you one day to relax, except that you will most likely be at a port.

You have a unique opportunity in that you live in S. FLA, so I would definitely look at some of the 90 day ticker sites out there and grab a deal.

(Why not make it two 7 day cruises!)

they'll avoid all of this (debarkation pain) if it's attached to a B2B

Might i suggest two 5 day cruises. You can usually get a good deal on them and that way you could take two in one year.

Two 5 day cruises i have booked are about $150 more than one 7 day cruise. I have both booked but thinking long and hard about the 7 day cruise which is almost back to back with another booked 7 day cruise on another cruiseline.

Im facing the same decision. 5 days are definetely the better deals if you live close to the port.

IMHO, the worst part of a cruise is the embarkation process, including being tired from travelling, the last night on board :( , and debarkation. On a 3 day cruise, that really only gives you one day to relax, except that you will most likely be at a port.

You have a unique opportunity in that you live in S. FLA, so I would definitely look at some of the 90 day ticker sites out there and grab a deal.

(Why not make it two 7 day cruises!)

We can drive to Galveston and I dont mind the drive, I actually love to drive and it doesnt bother me. In fact Im driving to Florida in the fall for a cruise.

Its nice to do shorter cruises but I agree at least 4 or 5 days is better, it feels almost like a full cruise and you get away from real life. I have a 5 day booked jan 08 and jan 09 just for that reason, its when I get tired of winter and a few days in the hot sun is all I want.

Its not an easy decision if you live close to the port. The 7 day cruises are more per day usually because they are on more expensive ships.

We have a group doing a B2B on the Imagination next October... 9 nights for around $750pp for an OV... I'm pleased... plus the turnaround on the debarkation/embarkation day sounds like it will be easy...we'll have the same cabins, so no packing in the middle... can't wait. I don't think I could do a 3-4 day cruise by itself...

Okay a 4 day is the shortest I've ever done--and your right it's too short---I would rather do a 30+ day :D if I ever have the time and money--but for now dh and I have to work.

We usually do the 7 day cruises since we drive 6-9 hours to the ports but this year we decided to do 2 short cruises to see how we liked it--and to get to the platinum count!!! Our Sept cruise will be #9 so our next cruise will be as VIP's :D Plus we wanted to sail the Holiday (4days) and Celebration (5 days) before they are history. We've had 9 days at sea versus 7 :) And had the fun and anticipation of 2 cruises.

I can say it is fun knowing your next cruise is just a few months away instead of a whole year, the packing and getting ready is less stressful and returning to work (for me) is much better. No one does my job when I'm gone so when I return my desk is piled high with work and it is very hard to get caught back up.

So there are pros and cons for long and short cruises.

Yeah I love the longer cruises but I'll take what I can get for now.

Happy Sails!

We recently did the Inspiration, which was a 5-day. We didn't think it would be long enough but it was. The best part is you return on Thursday so you have a nice, long weekend to recuperate before heading back into the "real" world. Of course a 7-day would have been great too, but we thoroughly enjoyed the Inspiration. I'm planning on booking her again for a break in the winter months, probably February.

Might i suggest two 5 day cruises. You can usually get a good deal on them and that way you could take two in one year.

I vote for this one too! :D 5 day cruises are long enough that you don't get the die-hard party animals but short enough that you may get a good price. And it's "almost" a week! If you can't take more that 7 days I'd go for the 7 day cruise!

I'm actually thinking about going on a 4 day cruise on the Elation out of San Diego on a Thursday. Debark on Monday, drive up the coast to Long Beach, hop on the Paradise for another 4 days. Good way to get a taste of 2 ships. 8 total nights, 3 ports, 3 sea days. In florida, your options are endless.

David

Upcoming Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-09/23/07

Past Cruises:

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004