Post cruise hotel in Tahiti

I have booked our flights and pre cruise hotel... can anyone suggest a post hotel ... our flight out is 11:30pm on Sept. 16... the PG gets in on the am 15th... does any hotel offer a <very> late check out? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ricki Smith

I have booked our flights and pre cruise hotel... can anyone suggest a post hotel ... our flight out is 11:30pm on Sept. 16... the PG gets in on the am 15th... does any hotel offer a <very> late check out? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ricki Smith

Have your TA check with Regent. They offer a hotel package with transfer to the airport. Flights typically leave late night so this is really no big deal for them to deal with. Do you have Regent for Air/Sea or did you make your own flight arrangements?

If you have your own they kick you off fairly early but if you are Air/Sea or buy the hotel package you can stay on a bit. At least that is what I've been told.

Check with your TA.

Caroline

There are a number of threads about this over on Pacific Islands board but many hotels have what is called a day room or you can request a late checkout. You can inquire yourself or you can have your TA make a few calls directly to the hotels.

Wendy, my secret was using miles! I have booked a first class ticket for my husband, business class for me, and coach for son using AA miles on ATN. ATN will only release 1 first class seat for award travel per flight (hence the different classes), and you have to nab it 330 days out.

• 2 weeks later...

RachelG - We have done the same thing using miles with AA. My husband is in first class, and I am in business class. I was told by AA that Air Tahiti Nui only releases one seat in each premium class, at least initially. Have you already taken this flight? I'm wondering if there is any possibility of working out something with Air Tahiti Nui so that we can sit together - either in First or Business. Have you explored this or had any luck? Thank you.

As for the post-cruise arrangement, I seem to remember reading something that you could purchase this from Regent separate from the air--i.e., stay on the ship until lunch, transfers to and from the Radisson, day-room at same. Could be wrong. Keep in mind that the dayrooms kick you out about 3 p.m., then you just hang around the hotel until you go the airport. We've always bought Regent Air.

Archived