Princess Must Be 'Listening'.......

DameAtSeaII

I checked to see if anyone else had already posted this information that was sent out to Captain's Circle Members last night and could not find it.......if so please excuse a repeat.

They must be reading.......this link from the email answers all of our questions about the internet credits and some other benefits. The only issue they didn't cover was the Elite dry cleaning when only 1 person in a cabin is Elite:

I think this spells it out very clearly and I am glad that they have put it in this form.

https://book.princess.com/html/cc/enewsletter/member_update.html?source=enews13MO

"Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions regarding membership in the Princess Captain's Circle. Simply click on the question to view the answer. If you have questions that are not answered here, you may speak with the Circle Host onboard, call 1-800-PRINCESS (select option 6), or email us at captainscircle@princesscruises.com

What is my Internet benefit?

Answer: Each Platinum and Elite Circle Member will be credited for their Internet usage in the Internet Café up to a specified dollar amount depending on the length of the cruise:

- $75 credit for voyages 7 days or less

- $100 credit for voyages 8-20 days

- $200 credit for voyages 21 or more days

How do I redeem my Platinum/Elite internet credit?

Answer: As you access the computers in the Internet Café, your onboard folio will be reimbursed up to $75, $100, or $200 depending on the length of your cruise. You can choose to spend your credit paying minute-by-minute at our rate of $.75 per minute, or for your convenience, and to make the most of your benefit, Internet packages are available for purchase at the computers in the Internet Café.

As a Platinum/Elite Circle member, how many minutes of Internet will I get with my credit?

Answer: To make the most of your benefit, it is recommended that you use your credit to purchase one or more of the Internet packages offered on the computers at the Internet Café. We have specially designed packages equal to the value of your credit – resulting in no out of pocket charges for you.

Voyage Length Internet Credit Available Minutes Available If You Go Minute By Minute Package Recommended Cost To You

7 days or less $75 100 Minutes

($75 at $.75 per minute) $75 package equivalent to 150 minutes

(appx $.50 per minute) $0

8-20 days $100 133 Minutes

($100 at $.75 per minute) $100 package equivalent to 250 minutes

(appx $.40 per minute) $0

21 days or more $200 266 Minutes

($200 at $.75 per minute) Purchase two $100 packages equivalent to 250 minutes each or a total of 500 minutes

(appx $.40 per minute) $0

What if I need more minutes?

Answer: If you need more minutes you can purchase additional minutes at the pay-as-you-go rate, or you can purchase another package. Your onboard account will be credited $75, $100 or $200 based on the length of your cruise and the difference will be charged to your account. For example, if you are on a 7 day cruise and are certain that you need more than 150 minutes you may wish to choose the $100 package, which will give you 250 minutes. In this case, your account will be charged the package price of $100, and will be credited $75.

I am a Platinum/Elite Circle member sailing on the World Cruise in 2008, will I still only get 200 minutes of complimentary Internet?

Answer: Platinum and Elite passengers sailing on our 102 day World Cruise will each receive a $400 credit for the Internet Café. If four $100 packages are purchased, this will equal 1,000 minutes (with the pay per minute option, this equals 533 minutes).

Is the credit per person?

Answer: Each Platinum and Elite Member will receive the credit. Couples should be sure to use their cruise cards accordingly.

Does the credit apply to wireless internet access?

Answer: Wireless internet access is not part of the benefits program. Platinum/Elite Circle members can use their credit on any of the computers in our Internet Café.

What happens if I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we are not able to change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack with your member card and pin. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

What is the “Complimentary Cruise Atlas” and how do I receive it?

Answer: The Cruise Atlas is a compilation of all of Princess' itineraries for an entire year. It is published and mailed out to Platinum and Elite members once printed.

What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per cabin) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka, and Canadian Club Whiskey, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Miller Genuine Draft beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my Elite mini-bar stocked?

Answer: You may specify your preferences through the Onboard Preferences section of the Circle Center at princess.com. Your mini-bar will consist of liquor, soft drinks and water. If in your Onboard Preferences you note that you desire only still water, and do not mark a preference under soft-drinks and liquor, you will receive all still water, and a combination of soft-drinks and liquor. If your mini-bar is not set-up as you desire, your Stateroom Steward will be able to work with you to accommodate your requests.

I am an Elite member, but my cabin mate is not, will my cabin mate be able to come with me to the Grapevine Wine Tasting event?

Answer: The Grapevine Wine Tasting event is only complimentary for our Elite members. Non-Elite members will be charged $9.50 per person to attend. However, in most instances other benefits can be extended, such as access to the Platinum Disembarkation Lounge or the Members Cocktail Party. "

I don't cruise to spend a whole lot of time on the internet. I do waaaaaaay to much of that at home.

I'm sooo with you on this, Ralphie! I only check my email for messages from the kids. I ignore everything else.

I don't cruise to spend a whole lot of time on the internet. I do waaaaaaay to much of that at home.

I hear you, Ralphie.

Gee, it wasn't that long ago that you couldn't even make or receive a phone call in your cabin. You had to go the radio room and it usually meant bad news.

Now, so many people are so concerned about being "connected" 24/7. Afraid they'll miss something back home, I guess. I travel to get away from all that.

Archived