PG 6/25/2008 Tahiti

Hey folks - anyone else out there on this cruise ? Was going to book Tahitian Princess but they moved her to ALASKA (!!!). I hope this is worth the extra $$$. I am travelling with my wife and my 22 yr old twins.

Its my third time to Tahiti - my favorite place in the world.

Larry

Hey Larry,

I signed up for this cruise about 3 days after we returned from the 14 day! So I guess you can say we loved the PG.

I'm still working on getting my pictures and other stuff up. I took about 850 pictures!

For this last trip I learned to swim in order to snorkle, and I did -- 3 times, for this I think I will try getting my dive certificate.

If you have questions ask away since it is still so fresh in mind. And of course all of the folks here are just so helpful.

You are in for a treat!

Caroline

Both my fiancee and I are on this cruise. I am leaving my 20 year old and 17 year old at home! ;) Although this is my 4 th cruise (1st on Regent) my fiancee has never been on a cruise. My sister took this very same cruise 10 years ago when the ship was on it 3rd voyage for her honeymoon! So its kind of funny how things worked out. Both my fiancee and I are going to get our scuba certifications so that we can scuba in the many reefs. They say the on board scuba trips are amazing! We were thinking about doing the certification on board but we didn't want to waste any precious time. We are going to start the cruise with 2 nights at the Intercontinental (formerly Beachcomber) as a pre cruise soir with the two nights in the Over the water bugalow. I love to cruise and am looking forward to the trip. Maybe you could give us some pointers of things to do! TTYL

OK we just reserved this cruise. Yippee!!! I think we are going to do a prestay at the Moorea Sheraton as well. :rolleyes:

Catmommy, have you been on this itinerary before? I am still unsure about port or starboard side suites. :confused: I have heard different opinions, but I think it depends on the route/direction. Did you notice the tender noise like Ive read in others posts? Cant wait to see your pics.

Diana

I see that being true for the 7 day itinerary, the 10 day goes the other direction around the islands. Everyone speaks of the approach to Tahaa from Raiatea being to beautiful from the Starboard side, but we will be approaching from Bora Bora. I have never been so I can only go off what the itinerary map. Has anyone been on this route?

OK we just reserved this cruise. Yippee!!! I think we are going to do a prestay at the Moorea Sheraton as well. :rolleyes:

Catmommy, have you been on this itinerary before? I am still unsure about port or starboard side suites. :confused: I have heard different opinions, but I think it depends on the route/direction. Did you notice the tender noise like Ive read in others posts? Cant wait to see your pics.

Diana

We were on the left side of the ship which I think is the port side. We were in 324 which is a port hole state room. We did not hear any tender noise even though we were very close to the gangway. That may have been because we were just warn out from all the stuff we did. :)

The only sound I heard was once folks above us and the sound of water from the shower above or something else. But it was pretty quiet overall.

We had never been on the PG before the May 19th cruise . But there are plenty of repeaters and I think I have the Tahiti Fever too!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Caroline

Since I am not to have a balcony this trip - I will have to make use of the deck !!! Boy did I like my aft balcony on the Tahitian Princess !!

I have actaully waitlisted my self for one of the aft balcony cabins.

Larry

Thank you for the information. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long.:(

I guess it gives us lots of time to figure out all the great excursions we are going to do. I think I will get certified as well. My husband and oldest son are already certified, but I was waiting for the youngest son to be old enough so the whole family could do it. Since this will be a kidfree trip I have no more excuses.:rolleyes: By the way I picked the port side, call me a rebel!!:D

I hope you get your aft cabin Larry!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh well - had to cancel - too bad they screwed me with a $400 cancellation fee after 2 weeks - never read the fine print.

Have a good cruise all -

Larry

Yah, you have to watch that cancellation fee for the PG. It kicks in as soon as you make your deposit and have a booking number. They will charge you $100.00 per person to cancel even if it's just the next day. It never used to be that way so I always speculated that this cancellation fee came into existance when the new owners took over. I could be wrong about this but it seems to fit the timeline. Always pays to read the fine print before booking anything.

Pat

Have fun - we just decided to go to Tahiti afterall again - Marquesas as well but on the Tahitian Princess - I know its a lower class of ship bbut I have been on it before and the dates work for me 12/30 to Jan 9.

($6000 less also and I have balconies)

Have fun on all your trips folks

Larry

I admit I wish we could afford a balcony on this trip. But we've booked an E window cabin as usual. But there's nothing like the PG, and we get the usual Motu Mahana day, plus quality time in Bora Bora and Moorea. Oh, and there are 4 stops in the Marquesas.

We booked this sailing last week. Really wanted to do it this summer--big birthday--but when I inquired last fall the balcony cabins were gone, and I wanted a balcony. We did consider the Tahitian Princess, but rejected it because of the fixed-seating dining. So we have to wait a year, but at least we will have the PG experience under Regent. As it was, we took a C guarantee--no idea which side of the ship we'll be on. But we should have our balcony!

This will be our first time in the south Pacific, unless you count Australia/New Zealand. We've done the Navigator twice in the Caribbean and we love what Regent has to offer. It will be interesting to compare Regent with our next cruise--we sail on Azamara's Journey to Bermuda at the end of this month. Of course, that one-week cruise, in a sky suite, will cost less for both of us than we'll pay for one person on the PG for 10 days. But we'll drive to the Journey--it sails from Bayonne, New Jersey--and of course there will be the tips and all those other 'extras' we don't pay on Regent.

Karen

I took the Azamara Journey to Bermuda their 4th cruise May 26.

Have a good time ! Check out the review section - I wrote the first one for this ship !!

Larry

I personally like the traditional dining now that I have experienced both

Archived