11:50am flight

mattR

Ummm - when is the next flight? Just is case.

We did a cruise returning to San Francisco in April - there were two flights out of SFO one at 11:30am and other at around 4:45.

We ended up changing our departure airport to Oakland which had a 1:30 flight which gave us a better cushion.

Just a suggestion - alternate smaller airports are often overlooked.:)

I would post this on the cruise line web site for your cruise to see what others who disembarked your ship did.

We disembarked a different ship in Los Angeles and made arrangements for a 1:00 PM flight and that was on a Sunday.

You should arrive at LAX airport at least two hours before your flight.

Keith

I'm in the dreaming / planning stage at this point.

I'd risk an 11:50 am flight out of Miami but I'm not so sure with LAX & the 405. I'd probably even try it from any NY pier to any NY airport (but then again I know 4 ways to get everywhere on "my coast"). You all are saying bad idea? I guess b/c we should be at the the AP by 9:50 for such a flight. Does the fact that I'm looking at flying on Tuesday matter?

There is a 3:25 departure for the same price but which blows any shot I'd have at going to work on Wednesday. Should I book that & show up to fly standby on the earlier flight? But then I'm trapped at LAX for hours if I can't get on.

Dilemas dilemas dilemas. . .

I'm in the dreaming / planning stage at this point.

I'd risk an 11:50 am flight out of Miami but I'm not so sure with LAX & the 405. I'd probably even try it from any NY pier to any NY airport (but then again I know 4 ways to get everywhere on "my coast"). You all are saying bad idea? I guess b/c we should be at the the AP by 9:50 for such a flight. Does the fact that I'm looking at flying on Tuesday matter?

There is a 3:25 departure for the same price but which blows any shot I'd have at going to work on Wednesday. Should I book that & show up to fly standby on the earlier flight? But then I'm trapped at LAX for hours if I can't get on.

Dilemas dilemas dilemas. . .

If your ship starts disembarking passengers late (which does happen...it did on my last cruise), you may be running late. Then there's the notorious 405 traffic, which can be bad all day long (I used to be able to go out of my former workplace on Santa Monica Blvd., look over at the freeway, and see the top of the trucks moving very slowly. That could be at 11am or 2pm).

• 2 months later...
Is a 11:50am flight to early to catch from LAX on a Monday morning after getting off the Monarch?

It's the only direct flight which would get us home around 4pm the flight later in the day would not get us home until 1am. We would handle our own bags so we could take advantage of the early disembarkation.

Archived