Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

[quote name='mommabean']Wifi doesn't come without plenty of wires. And here they are pulling just some of those wires/cables through the halls of RD during the last 5 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver.

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z4/mommabeany/DSC01590.jpg[/IMG]

Gina[/QUOTE]

Does this mean I can use my lap top in my cabin, rather than scare everyone at the computer stations when I show up in my PJ's?? ;)

[quote name='island lady']Does this mean I can use my lap top in my cabin, rather than scare everyone at the computer stations when I show up in my PJ's?? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can now use your wifi anywhere, even in your cabin.

That ought to increase revenue. And then you don't have to worry about anyone taking a picture of the pretty lady wearing her PJs in public areas. ;)

I did see a lady wear her pajamas in the concierge lounge once recently. She didn't even do a quick run in and out. She sat right down and joined the people there. Was that you? :D

At least she didn't have on a stinkin' bathrobe. :rolleyes: :)

Gina

[quote name='ddean52']WOOW! Gina, thanks a million. Our cruise will be enhanced knowing WIFI has been upgraded!
Dean[/QUOTE]

We really like the idea of doing a quick email check on our iphones or ipad without having to keep walking down the hall to the centrum to do it. We don't want to carry the devices around with us and we don't want to walk back to the room to put them away if our room is far away. This will be very convenient.

By the way, I asked the guy to smile and all he did was wave his finger at me to not take his picture. Sorry Bud....I'm taking this picture. :) He was the guy I always saw in the gym at 5:30am exercising on the machines with no shoes on. He'd kick his flip flops off and get to working out. There are signs that say proper footwear must be worn at all times. Maybe he was afraid I'd use the picture to ID him as the rule violator. :D ;)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Yes, you can now use your wifi anywhere, even in your cabin.

That ought to increase revenue. And then you don't have to worry about anyone taking a picture of the pretty lady wearing her PJs in public areas. ;)

I did see a lady wear her pajamas in the concierge lounge once recently. She didn't even do a quick run in and out. She sat right down and joined the people there. Was that you? :D

At least she didn't have on a stinkin' bathrobe. :rolleyes: :)

Gina[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, Gina....I am still laughing!! No...that was not me. Actually I never leave the cabin in my PJ's.....ummm...wait...I forgot. I don't own PJ's!! :eek: ;)
Though I have been known to hang out on my balcony in those nice snuggly bathrobes!

[quote name='island lady']Oh my gosh, Gina....I am still laughing!! No...that was not me. [COLOR="Red"] Actually I never leave the cabin in my PJ's.....ummm...wait...I forgot. I don't own PJ's!![/COLOR] :eek: ;)
Though I have been known to hang out on my balcony in those nice snuggly bathrobes![/QUOTE]

I know....one less thing to pack, right? :)

I wear my bathrobe on the balcony, too. I wonder what the Capt. thinks when he sees me from the bridge. I KNOW he can see me :o because I have a lot of pictures of him on the bridge that I took from my balcony. :D

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']I know....one less thing to pack, right? :)

I wear my bathrobe on the balcony, too. I wonder what the Capt. thinks when he sees me from the bridge. I KNOW he can see me :o because I have a lot of pictures of him on the bridge that I took from my balcony. :D

Gina[/QUOTE]

The DH also does not wear PJ's, and even though I always set out his nice RCI bathrobe to use in the morning....he does not like to wear the robe much either...till later when the sun comes up. Do they have infrared cameras out there??!! :eek: :eek: ;)

[quote name='mommabean']It's interesting to notice that there is no new upholstery in the staterooms.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1M9k3ronDE[/URL]

It looks like the area behind the flat screen TVs have been boxed in so as to not allow stuff to be put back there. I was thinking we might have a little extra counter space back there.

Small stuff, I know. But look at those neon lights in the centrum. :eek: I won't even say what I'm thinking about that. :p

Gina[/quote]
I didn't think they were putting new upholstery in staterooms. Just in the open areas around the ship.

When we were on EN the JS cabins had flat screen TV's and the area behind the TV was opened. Those flat screen TV's generate a lot of heat, so you would be limited to what you could put behind them.

[quote name='cruisenfever'][COLOR="Red"]I didn't think they were putting new upholstery in staterooms.[/COLOR] Just in the open areas around the ship.

When we were on EN the JS cabins had flat screen TV's and the area behind the TV was opened. Those flat screen TV's generate a lot of heat, so you would be limited to what you could put behind them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so either...it was just wishful thinking after hearing them say "reformed".

I've been on ships with a small flat screen in that area, just sitting on the counter top (bolted down of course :) ) and behind it, it was a good place for setting things down for easy access - things that didn't need to be used often. I never noticed it was too hot for anything I put there. D cabins and above seem to have plenty of storage for us but an E....it would have been nice to have a little more counter space. But, I am planning no more Es so I guess it's irrelevant to me. :)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']I didn't think so either...it was just wishful thinking after hearing them say "reformed".

I've been on ships with a small flat screen in that area, just sitting on the counter top (bolted down of course :) ) and behind it, it was a good place for setting things down for easy access - things that didn't need to be used often. I never noticed it was too hot for anything I put there. D cabins and above seem to have plenty of storage for us but an E....it would have been nice to have a little more counter space. But, I am planning no more Es so I guess it's irrelevant to me. :)

Gina[/quote]
Ok, wishful thinking! ;)

[quote name='cruisenfever']Ok, wishful thinking! ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL....right up there with new bathroom plumbing.

One thing I never wished for....multi-colored neon lighting in the centrum. :eek: Maybe it will appeal to me more in real life. :)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']LOL....right up there with new bathroom plumbing.

One thing I never wished for....multi-colored neon lighting in the centrum. :eek: Maybe it will appeal to me more in real life. :)

Gina[/QUOTE]

I saw that in the video. EEK! Wish they would have at least just selected one color.

[quote name='Cheryl H']I saw that in the video. EEK! Wish they would have at least just selected one color.[/QUOTE]

Maybe!!!! Just maybe they have made it so they can change colors and make it any color or combination of colors of their choice. That would make holiday decorating fun. :)

Gina

Re: Mommabean's photos of hallway work. We came by a similar location (deck 10 starboard almost to the aft end) and looked a bit closer up there - ended up wishing we didn't:

[IMG]http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/relseth/RadiancePipes2.jpg[/IMG]

Note that there is some PVC but also some that definitely isn't - also note that there is more than one patch on the piece of copper pipe in the photo. This _was_ in a hallway, but obviously cabin piping is likely to be similar - and it was indicated that piping wasn't changed out during the revitalization.

RAE

[quote name='rae8836']Re: Mommabean's photos of hallway work. We came by a similar location (deck 10 starboard almost to the aft end) and looked a bit closer up there - ended up wishing we didn't:

Note that there is some PVC but also some that definitely isn't - also note that there is more than one patch on the piece of copper pipe in the photo. This _was_ in a hallway, but obviously cabin piping is likely to be similar - and it was indicated that piping wasn't changed out during the revitalization.

RAE[/QUOTE]

No wonder their pipes leak. :eek:

[quote name='spencercoop']I'm pretty sure that I read that there is WIFI in all cabins now.[/QUOTE]

While that is nice it is hardly necessary -

IMO anyway, $ wld be better spent on replacing the copper pipes for plumbing & other issues...:( but folks don't notice new copper pipes (they actually can't even see them in the ceilings) but they will sure notice any plumbing problems and I am not convinced that issue has been solved!! :(

Can anyone say they are convinced and if yes, do u know what RCL has done regarding that issue onboard the Radiance?

Wld also like to know what soft goods have been replaced - someone mentioned flooring - presume carpets but in the staterooms as well as public areas and all cabin categories or just some?
Any new beds, chairs, bedding, sofas etc?
I know they have replaced TVs with flat screens - Anyone know what size TV is now in the GSs and is it still on the table in the corner or on the wall now?
Have they also replaced the VCRs with disc players?

Many thanks in advance for any info.. :)

[quote name='dramaqueen4lyfe'][B][COLOR=blue]Not a big fan of the multi-colored neon in the Centrum either. [COLOR="Red"] Reminds me of a Carnival:eek:[/COLOR] (no not the ships.) Hopefully as you said Gina they will be progammable but not random tracking. [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike...:D

You said the word, but I was thinking it! ;)

Gina

[quote name='rae8836']Re: Mommabean's photos of hallway work. We came by a similar location (deck 10 starboard almost to the aft end) and looked a bit closer up there - ended up wishing we didn't:

RAE[/QUOTE]

When was this photo taken? Last month? :eek:

They had been replacing the pipes over the last couple of years and these are the pipes there were to have been replaced.

I was told last month that the current leakage problem is actually coming from the PVC joints when there are rough seas. The movement jiggles the joints which aren't flexible and they start leaking again. I don't know that they can ever solve that sort of problem. I did notice that all the many ceiling leaks during the PC cruise were immediately after the motion of the gulf seas. I saw no leaks at all after these initial leaks occured - none at all during the last 5 day coastal repositioning.

I did stick my camera up in the ceiling when I saw an opening - took pictures in 2 directions and there was nothing remarkable to see. There was just a very clean crawl space with wiring and support structure.

But I've seen leak issues on every ship I've been on. Some quite serious like when the pool started leaking into the windjammer from - I think it was the Adventure of the Seas (but I can't be sure it wasn't Mariner).

I've walked enough halls to have smelled that bad sewage smell that all ships seem to have in various places. I'm not convinced that smell isn't being vented out of the bathroom at the time someone has just used it.

I've had brown water on ships other than Radiance. I've had toilet issues on multiple ships, too. Fortunately I've never had a room flood other than the ones in the bathroom when DH takes a shower and it all comes out under the curtain.

Gina

[quote name='cruisenfever']The details for [URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=991"]Rita's Cantina[/URL] have been changed on the RCI website to reflect the new pricing.

Glad my email got somebody's attention.:)[/QUOTE]

Do they realize there is no mention of it being available on Radiance? Or can I just not see it?

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Do they realize there is no mention of it being available on Radiance? Or can I just not see it?

Gina[/quote]

Gina,

It's on the new deck plans.

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=11&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1468&sailDate=1120504&hasNavigation=false[/URL]

Archived