FastTrack Immigration Control at Heathrow

I was doing a little research about Heathrow and saw a note that they have FastTrack for First and Business class passengers that permits faster clearance through immigration. Are there any special arrangements passengers have to make to access this, or is it sufficient to be seated in a qualifying part of the aircraft?

Just make sure you have your boarding pass on hand to prove your class of service. They have staff trained in not taking the passenger's word for it.

I have heard that although fast-track will help with transit time, there is still what could be a nightmare "general security check" that everyone has to go through before you even reach fast-track!

Insiders are saying that exiting via immigration and coming back though departures hall security is easier than using the transit lounge. Although BAA is promising some 500 more security staff between now and summer in an effort to try and aleviate some of the security problems.

Do they still have the fast track at Heatrow? I know that they elminated it at London Gatwick around the time of the changes in security procedures in August 2006. We were at Gatwick in Septemeber 2006 and most recently in May 2006 and there was no fast track anymore. So, wondering about Heathrow.

Keith

I was doing a little research about Heathrow and saw a note that they have FastTrack for First and Business class passengers that permits faster clearance through immigration. Are there any special arrangements passengers have to make to access this, or is it sufficient to be seated in a qualifying part of the aircraft?
FastTrack generally refers to two different things at Heathrow. Both are reserved for first and business class passengers only.

For arrivals, there is a FastTrack immigration queue for non-EU nationals. To access this, you must have an invitation from your airline - this is usually distributed onboard during the flight, often with the immigration forms themselves.

For departures, there is a FastTrack security screening queue. To access this, I think that all you now need is a boarding pass showing that you are flying first or business class from Heathrow.

In addition, in the Flight Connections Centre there is a special security lane which I think is available only to British Airways first and business class passengers - but I can't find any current information about this so I'm not sure. If my memory is right, obviously it isn't of general application, but only to BA passengers.

Oops, sorry. I didn't read your post at all well...you're terminating in London, not transiting. Please ignore my ramblings, which pertain to transiting passengers on BA flights. Too wrapped up in my own planning and am projecting it on other people, I guess. :o

The fight crew will hand out pink cards for fast track on the plane. They may simply ask "Do you need a pink card?" so you need to know what they're talking about. It does save a lot of time if you land during the 6 AM rush and have a non-EU passport.

Julia

Archived