** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

I'm going to be married and honeymooning on our cruise. I don't think I need to say anymore! :D

Besides that, I can't wait to watch the sunrises and sunsets cuddled up with my honey in our "own" little space.

Lora: How did you get the Click me to join our roll call link?

Thanks.

Tina

Next up RCCL Adventurer of the Seas 9/16/07

Celebrity Summit 3/2006

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 7/2005

Celebrity Zenith 11/2004

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 7/2004

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 5/2003

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 1/2003

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 9/2002

Carnival Pride 4/2002

Carnival Triumph 3/2001

I hope the crew cleans these balconies well with everyone getting a little more than fresh on them. My husband and I plan on sipping our favorite wine (if I can get it onboard ;) - not that I am sneaking any on), eating breakfast, and relaxing on our balcony. It is our first cruise....a belated honeymoon.....so we don't know as of yet that we enjoy doing all this on the balcony... but I think it is a no brainer that we will. 16 days and counting.

In all of our cruises, we've had a balcony only once.........an upgrade from an outside cabin.......NICE! What did I enjoy doing on the balcony?

1. Enjoying my wife on the balcony.......

2. Smoking a cigar on the balcony........

Did you use to be President???

• 2 weeks later...

Whats not to love about a balcony!! In no particular order:

1. Enjoying a glass of champagne or wine as we leave each port;

2. Listening to the sound of the ocean waiting for DH to wake up;

3. Coffee on the balcony once DH wakes up;

4. Making love;

5. Sunrises;

6. Sunsets.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot DH and I enjoy about our Balcony cabin....from morning coffee watching the sunrise (ok, mostly morning coffee- sun already risen), watching people on port after we've returned from an excursion, having our own deck-space as we sail into and from each island, cocktails before dinner and after dinner and then some, a good cigar with DH, just watching the darkness of night, staring into the horizon, looking for other ships going by, and in DHs words,

"and balcony s*x, what else is there??":eek:

DSC06643.jpg

Happy Sailings,

CruiseDivaNJ

It might be strange but I love sleeping on the chaise lounge on the balcony. On our first cruise I was so burned out from work that I think I spent the entire first 3 days napping on the chaise. Now I sometimes will carry out a blanket & a pillow and sleep outside all night.

I agree! Our first night on our last cruise I woke up at 3AM on the chaise!

My favorite thing to do is to stand on the balcony and watch all the sailaways from each port, especially if we are on the "dock" side of the ship. It's just about as exciting to sailaway from a port stop as it was to sailaway from the embarkation port for me, lol. I'm easily amused I guess (and single, lol). :p

What's not to do?

1. Sit and gaze out to sea.

2. Sit and read a book.

3. Sleep.

4. Stand and look down and out at sea.

5. Coffee/wine/soda any time

6. Breakfast on balcony

Need I go on? And yes, I know some people have other activities, too. :D

And for me there's nothing like going to bed with the balcony door open allowing the sound of the ocean on the ship lull me to sleep.

OHHH, I can hear it right now! That is the way to go!

I have only had one cruise with a balcony that was to Mexico with the entire family. Loved having our own space before the sibling rivalry, of the day. First cruise no, love making but lots of snuggles. Going to Alaska in May on NCL the Pearl. Will have a balcony but no love making there either. Have an adjoining balcony with my best friend and her husband, not into group stuff, and don't want to be presidential.

• 2 weeks later...

After a long flight we were on the Costa Fortuna in the Mediterranean. We had pulled away from the pier, the sun was warm, I had a drink in hand, and I peeled off my blouse. In the 'plexiglass' of the balcony I could see my hazy happy reflection. Then I noticed my reflection was wearing a different color bra and realized I was watching the woman in the next cabin. :p

• 2 weeks later...