** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

• 3 weeks later...
We always try to schedule our cruise during a full moon. After we get back to our cabin in the evening we'll just stand at the railing, holding hands, looking at that beautiful moon, talking about our day and thanking God for how very blessed we are! :)

LOVE this!

Meant to add to last post that my BF booked us a Jr Suite for our first cruise. He is setting the bar high and may regret it .. LOL. After reading these posts and knowing there will be lots to see and do on the ship, I'm looking forward to the quiet times we will spend on our balcony now. :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Love, love, love spending the port day afternoons outside on the balcony. Fun to be had watching latecomers run to the ship! :D

In Gibraltar, we had the opportunity to watch planes land on the runway. If you've been there, you know why it's a surreal/amazing sight.

My daughter calls us "Balcony Snobs"! It's true, once you've cruised with a balcony, you never go back.

However, I'm not really looking forward to our upcoming cruise's balcony, its one of NCL Breakaway's notoriously TINY balconies. I've been watching the price drops so I can possibly upgrade to an Aft Balcony, which I have never experienced.

Still waiting for the answer to the 'string' question....:o

Christina

BTW, here's a tip for those who don't like smoke drifting onto their balconies from neighbors. If you can, book the most forward balcony cabin, that way there is no one upwind of you. I have done this in the past and it works out well.

• 1 month later...
How do you arrange for a drink on your balcony? Bloody Mary? Sounds good but don't know -- order from room service?

Go to the closest bar and order one then go back to your cabin - probably the easiest and quickest way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aburnett View Post

How do you arrange for a drink on your balcony? Bloody Mary? Sounds good but don't know -- order from room service?

Go to the closest bar and order one then go back to your cabin - probably the easiest and quickest way.

Thanks! Will do!

A nice glass of bubbly with choc coated strawberries watching a sunset with the one you love

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This reminds me, I need to order the chocolate covered strawberries for our March cruise. DH doesn't eat them as much as I do , but it will be nice to share with him on our balcony when we first board. :)

• 1 month later...

Love love love balcony cabins no matter the location, tho I do prefer aft. I've tried many of the rituals mentioned except the nude. May need to give it a try at least once. Taking photos from aft cabins while slowly going thru Fjords of Norway absoluty breathtaking Linda

Send from iPhone

• 4 weeks later...

Our first cruise isn't for a couple weeks, but I'm really looking forward to the balcony. First cup of coffee and maybe a pastry in my pajamas in the morning, sunsets (and maybe a sunrise if DH talks me into waking up that early), some quiet reading time if the crowds get to be too much, and watching for marine life. Looks like it might be fun to bring some score cards and watch the neighbors, too ;)