** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

• 2 weeks later...

funny..i saw the topic of the thread and started reading...and realized i was reading 2007...and wondering what the heck?...I guess the fun on the balcony never changes!!:D

My first balcony was on my first 7 day cruise Explorer of the Seas sept 22 2001. Unfortunately it was not a great time for traveling (9/11)and they gave us the "wrong" room by mistake...which had a balcony..and let us stay. OMG..talk about create a monster...Its almost impossible to cruise without one. I just LOVE the balcony. Yes, coffee, yes sitting out there in the dark...listening to the waves.

I enjoy meditation on the balcony, eating breakfast. Sitting out there in the morning with my pj's with a hot cup of coffee....any time...After a day in port, to unwind. What is there to not love??....Your own private space and bit of heaven....

funny..i saw the topic of the thread and started reading...and realized i was reading 2007...and wondering what the heck?...I guess the fun on the balcony never changes!!:D

My first balcony was on my first 7 day cruise Explorer of the Seas sept 22 2001. Unfortunately it was not a great time for traveling (9/11)and they gave us the "wrong" room by mistake...which had a balcony..and let us stay. OMG..talk about create a monster...Its almost impossible to cruise without one. I just LOVE the balcony. Yes, coffee, yes sitting out there in the dark...listening to the waves.

I enjoy meditation on the balcony, eating breakfast. Sitting out there in the morning with my pj's with a hot cup of coffee....any time...After a day in port, to unwind. What is there to not love??....Your own private space and bit of heaven....

Couldn't have said it any better...................:)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

they gave us the "wrong" room by mistake...which had a balcony..and let us stay. ....Your own private space and bit of heaven....

When mistakes are made with me it goes something like being put in the boiler room instead of the balcony I paid for.

You are so right about the own "bit of heaven". I always feel like the ocean belongs to me when I gaze at it from the comfort of my own private space. I was so amazed at the person who said they would rather fly first class than put the money into a balcony. Well, to each his own. Someone has to occupy those inside rooms.

DH and I are very excited to cruise for the first time w/a balcony. We're off on our honeymoon in TWO Weeks!!

This might be a stupid question, but you guys are the balcony experts... Would it be possible to drag a lounger from the aft pool on Riviera deck to our balcony? We are just a couple of cabins from the pool area there. Or, should we ask our steward if we could have a lounger instead of chairs? Ideally we would like a lounger and a chair. Will that arrangement even fit on a BC balcony? Couldn't afford a mini-suite this time -- maybe on the next one.

How about if we brought a folding beach chaise w.us? (I know it sounds pretty tacky, but it's lightweight and completely comfy.) I'm all about relaxing on this trip and I like the idea of lounging around out on our very own balcony. :)

Thanks!

DH and I are very excited to cruise for the first time w/a balcony. We're off on our honeymoon in TWO Weeks!!

Congratulations! What a great honeymoon you will have. The Caribbean Princess is a lovely ship and you have some interesting ports to visit.

Best of luck.

Ive been quietly reading this entertaining thread without really posting much. But I must chime in to say YOU HAVE ISSUES. Do you have some kind of psychological trauma with sex? Have you noticed you are the only person who continually bashes everyone who even mentions the word sex....GET A LIFE....good grief

Actually that is what I ask myself about others and their need to tell everyone that they have sex.

Balconies are very enjoyable and they are enjoyable for other things.

Congratulations! What a great honeymoon you will have. The Caribbean Princess is a lovely ship and you have some interesting ports to visit.

Best of luck.

Thanks, Burm!

Re: Sex on balconies (or otherwise)... Honeymoon, 'nuff said! :p

Three things ...

1. Watching the late "ants" scurry back to the ship as it is about to leave port without them! That starts with the announcement from the Pursers Desk ... "Will the following passengers please contact the pursers desk at extension 7777 ..." Then they list about 10 names and I make a bee-line for the balcony to watch for them. Havent seen anyone left behind yet as the ship pulls away though. Someday Im sure. As long as it isnt me! LOL

2. Coming into port. Love to stand out there and watch the ship maneuver into the pier. See the sites of the port of the day.

3. Leaving port. Enjoy watching the ship pull away from the pier and head into the darkness for the next days adventure.

• 3 months later...

This trip will be my first balcony experience.

In the past, as soon as I woke on the morning of our first port, I would dress quickly and get up to the Lido deck to have my first full visual of the beautiful water. - Every time, I would cry because it is so beautiful.

Now, I can have this experience in privacy and not worry that people think I'm just plain whacked. If I'm really with it, I'll pre-order breakfast and I can have a coffee to accompany the whole amazing experience.

I am also really looking forward to leaving the door open to sleep to the sounds of the waves.

*** I think they say bring string to hold the door open***

Folks, of all nationalities, will LOVE a balcony cabin. We had a balcony on Legend OTS and absolutely LOVED it. On a sea day I cought my wife looking over the edge at flying fish and swimming birds (eating flying fish). ENJOY

• 5 months later...

We are sailing on July 19th to Mexico.. This is a first for me and the kids (no DH on this trip so I will have to skip 1/2 of the suggestions on this board! ) :D But I have the other ideas memorized and plan to use many of them.... I do hope there is not any smokers near me.. I guess I didn't realize people could smoke on their balconies. It is there option but I also have paid big bucks for my space. I guess I will have to see what happens.

I am looking forward to ordering breakfast in the AM especially an eating on the balcony and when the kids are off in the kids clubs having fun I can read a book in peace and quiet...

I have never sailed without a balcony. We cruise on the 14th of this month and this will be the first time without a balcony.

My hubby drinks his morning coffee out there every a.m. Just being able to open the door and step out to feel the ocean air on your face, letting the sea air into your room is wonderful.

Our last cruise, we were next door to couple who each smoked. Thankfully, they weren't chain smokers so the inconvenience was hardly noticed.

We'll see how cruising without a balcony is later this month.:confused:

Edited by adnil530

On our Panama Canal Cruise, late one evening we enjoy standing on our balcony, feeling the sea breeze and watching a lightening storm in the distance. We couldn't hear the thunder but it was beautiful to watch. Seeing dolphins jump in the wake of the ship is my next favorite experience. Once you have a balcony you can't go back....:)

• 2 weeks later...
Just love sitting out there watching the wake as the ship heads to our next locale.

Yessss.... we too are wake watchers from our corner aft balconies. It is one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do. On sea days some early morning coffee is also nice.

• 9 months later...
I forgot about this one - But I'm going to try and bring it back. Now that I have a son - my new ritual will be to enjoy some beverages on the balcony while he sleeps...... Now that I think of it! The balcony is how I got into this new situation :eek:

LMAO!!! Well, you can have your son take advantage of the onboard kids program and have multiple uses for the balcony. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My DW and i will be cruising in May on the Carnival Splendor, And will be experiencing this cruise with our first balcony. Forward Starboard side Verandah deck. We cant wait!! Our first honeymoon cruise in April 09 we enjoyed our oceanview very much. Everything mentioned on here has already came to mind as gotta do that. I must admit, From what ive heard....Once you go balcony....You never go back!!

Happy cruising!!

Yeah well, for our 5th cruise we are finally going balcony.

Call me timid, but I told the hubs that there will be none of "that" on the balcony. But after reading through the forums and seeing as "that" is actually the "balcony club" I might surrender to his wishes.

We recently returned from RCCL Oasis of the Seas where we had an ocean facing balcony. This was an extraordinary experience - beyond anything I've seen before, but when we sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, there were crowds of people who came out to wave at the ship, they had air horns and other noisemakers to attract attention, bullhorns, and some even had large posters or dropped banners from their balcony's! It was the first time I have ever seen that kind of send-off at sailaway and really set a great tone for our vacation! We took pictures of the people on shore! We had wine and cheese for sailaway. It was just really fun and exciting!

Oasis has deeper balconies than other ships we've been on with a dining table and 2 nice chairs on the balcony so we had breakfast out there one morning - really wonderful.

I like going out on the balcony anytime of day and I often bring binoculars so I can look for other ships or look at wildlife. (Sometimes the wildlife is ON other ships - especially in port! I have seen some hilarious goings on! LOL!)

Like another poster said here, any time spent on the balcony is a good time!