Princess Internet "Going, Going. will it be gone"

Doubledime

I think he is upset that he does not have unlimited internet access anymore. If you check the Princess web site one will find that there are limits on free internet access depending on your Cap't Circle level.

What a shame. Princess is now limiting the internet acess to past loyal customers... There is no reason to TAKE BENIFITS AWAY..

I see this is your first post, Welcome to Cruise Critic, so I will clue you in on the Internet.

This isn't new, but has been in effect for many many months now. Definitely old news. If you check princess.com or any of the mailers they send out, make sure to read them all instead of tossing them in the file basket, it alerted past passengers to this quite some time ago and continues to do so with most offers that arrive through the mail.

Me thinks troll.

It’s been discussed ad nausea and its been established that it’s only affecting some past passengers – most are satisfied with the credit for the limited time.

Me thinks troll.

It’s been discussed ad nausea and its been established that it’s only affecting some past passengers – most are satisfied with the credit for the limited time.

He was very close to spelling all the words correctly...better than most trolls. And real close on punctuation. ;)

Okay, I'm fairly new to CC - what does a troll mean? (Besides the Webster version)

"troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding."

From Wikipedia

My DH and I each had about 240 minutes for a total of 8 hours for free!!

How much more can you possibly need???

I just dont know why they raised the regular price from 35 cents a minute to 75 cents per minute. I thought that was awfully high. Maybe thats why there were not too many people using the machines when we were there.

But the computers were VERY fast on the Crown Princess compared to what they were last year on the same cruise.

Where do you look on princess web site to see if you have any minutes earned? Thanks all.

Bob

Sorry Bob, Free internet is only available only to Platinum members,(cruisers with more than 5 previous princess cruises).:(

You get a $100.00 package which includes about 240 minutes.

Otherwise you have to pay by the minute .75, or buy a 50.00 or 100.00 package.:eek:

What a shame. Princess is now limiting the internet acess to past loyal customers... There is no reason to TAKE BENIFITS AWAY..

huh?:confused: :confused: Princess lets anyone use internet.. it's just that you have to pay for it! Giving "free" internet blocks to past passengers at platinum and elite levels is just a "thank you" that's part of the past pax program

A triple HUH? The benefit hasn't been taken away; the only change (which was made months ago) is that it's not UNLIMITED. You still have plenty of free Internet, enough for 95% (according to Princess' Internet usage analysis) of the passengers without having to pay for a minute of time. Now, if you're one of those who passed around your card to everyone or played computer games while at sea, I can see where you might have a problem. But for just about all of the rest of us, the amount of free time is more than adequate to stay in touch with family and friends.

Sorry Bob, Free internet is only available only to Platinum members,(cruisers with more than 5 previous princess cruises).:(

It was our understanding that passengers in Suites also had free internet?

Regards

rc.gif

You get a $100.00 package which includes about 240 minutes.

Otherwise you have to pay by the minute .75, or buy a 50.00 or 100.00 package.:eek:

Don't forget about those booked in full size suites do get unlimited free Internet.

Just a comment, Wireless is only $0.50 a minute with your own laptop. BUT the connection was just one step above a dialup....I spent way more than I wanted to just to burst download and upload emails. Forget about complex web pages.

The one very vital reason Princess removed the unlimited internet priveledge which does actually affect many more than 5% of loyal passengers is because of all the passengers who ABUSED the priveledge by handing their cards out for others to use

This fact has been very clearly confirmed by Captains Circle hostess on several cruises

the new limits are fine if you just need to send and read E Mails but if you are on long cruises or have other things you need to do on the internet then the time is definitely restricted

the new limits are fine if you just need to send and read E Mails but if you are on long cruises or have other things you need to do on the internet then the time is definitely restricted
Your time is not restricted; you can spend as much time as you like using the internet. What has been limited is the amount that Princess provides at no cost through Captain's Circle perks. As far as I've been able to tell, it's still the best deal offered by any cruise line for internet service.

Your time is not restricted; you can spend as much time as you like using the internet. What has been limited is the amount that Princess provides at no cost through Captain's Circle perks. As far as I've been able to tell, it's still the best deal offered by any cruise line for internet service.
I agree.

Archived