Radiance E1-handicap cabin ?

Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences in the E-1 cabins and E-1 handicap access cabins on the RCI line? DW having her 4th, 5th, and 6th major spinal reconstructive surgery over the next three or four months, so I rebooked our 2007 cruises with the aft balcony rooms for 2008 and 2009 with handicap access rooms just off the hump! Wanted the aft room/balcony for Alaska after hearing all the comments here about it....but the long walks will be verbotten! Has anyone here been in the E1 handicap balcony rooms? thanks for any info!

I believe that it was an E-1 that we had on Radiance several years back - it was one of the E level, and I think that they're all the same except for location. The handicap room was huge - really large. The bathroom was very large also, and a very large shower - as I recall, there was no step into it - it was designed for wheelchairs. The whole room was very wheelchair accessible. The major problem with any handicap bathrooms that we've been in at hotels, etc. is that there always seems to be a lack of counter space, and as I recall that was a problem on the ship also.

We also had the connecting room next door, so we could compare - the handicap room was much larger. We did our socializing in that room!

Let me know if you have more questions, and I can always ask my folks for their recollections (they were in the room).

Archived