Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

OhioDogLover

I contacted them today for a rate for one night in February. They want $299.00. Might be because they are switching to Hyatt and its peak season.

Darn- it sounded like a nice place!

I contacted them today for a rate for one night in February. They want $299.00. Might be because they are switching to Hyatt and its peak season.

Darn- it sounded like a nice place!

Valuetrips will post next years rates in Oct/Nov. Try them again then. I am in the same boat looking for a room in January. Last time I booked through valuetrips in Jan is was 109.00 for Amerisuites. I will probably wait until I have my airfare secured before I book my hotel.

Extended Stay on 17th st has a Jan. rate of $144. Not sure what the Feb. rates will be. I booked a 3 night stay for Jan.25. Other hotels were quite pricey and Priceline is not giving many low bids for this time (4* downtown FLL).

High season in Fla!

I looked at the AmeriSuites last week but got busy and didn't get around to booking my reservation. I was checking prices today and it is $269. I am sailing out of Miami but may fly into FLL. I wanted to stay somewhere in the 17th Street area. I already have a cancelable reservation at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is cheaper at $185 than the AmeriSuites. Wow! Can't believe the price can more than double in a week.

I stayed at Amerisuites last year and booked thru Valutrips also. When I went to book this year, I found out that they are refrurbing the place and the cost is going to reflect that. I tried looking on valutrips this year for my star (nov 3rd for one night) and the rates are not out yet.

Don't know if this affects you or not, but last year it was free to leave your car there. Now it is 10.00 per day:eek: . Amazing what a change in ownership can do to a place.

Has anybody had any good luck with rates around November 3rd?

• 2 weeks later...
What dates do you need a hotel? We can give specific recommendations if we know the dates.

Have a great cruise!

Kel

Hey, Kel. We need a room October 27 for our Caribbean Princess cruise on the 28th. Where do you suggest? Thanks! Chris

P.S. How was the Azamara Journey?

I have not heard anyone mention this hotel but I will be staying there next week.....The Ramada Inn Airport/Cruiseport in Fort Lauderdale.

They offer a full breakfast, free transport from the airport, and transport to port and not just the Port in Fort Lauderdale but also they have transportation to the Port in Miami (they do add a small fee to your room) but it was the only hotel I have found that offered this. Has anyone here heard of a Fort Lauderdale hotel offering transportation to the Port of Miami? Anyone stay there?

By the way the rates were very good $89 a night ($30 for the transportation to Miami added on)

I have not heard anyone mention this hotel but I will be staying there next week.....The Ramada Inn Airport/Cruiseport in Fort Lauderdale.

If you use the search function you'll find numerous reviews of this hotels. One word of advice, do not venture off of the hotel property by foot.

Hey, Kel. We need a room October 27 for our Caribbean Princess cruise on the 28th. Where do you suggest? Thanks! Chris

P.S. How was the Azamara Journey?

Chris,

If it were me -- :rolleyes: :) -- I would book the 4.5* Hotwire pick in Hollywood, Fl. This is pretty close to the airport and the pier. My guess is this pick is the Westin Diplomat Country Club and Spa.

Hotwire has it for $129 + tax. October 27th. The Journey was wonderful -- Excellent food and a very cute little ship.

Here is a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html

Good luck!

Kel

• 1 month later...
Hi Kel,

What do you recommend for FLL area on March 20 & 21 2008? Looking for airport shuttle/decent pool/grocery store nearby/and of course clean hotel.

Appreciate your help!

racingraysswimmon,

That's a tough time in FLL. Spring Break, multiple cruises.

There is a three star through "EasyClick" that has an airport shuttle and a breakfast buffet, but I have no idea which hotel it is. Even "reverse easyclick" which is guide to "discover" which hotel is listed didn't have a guess. It's going for $116 a night + taxes.

You might get a backup hotel that does not require a prepayment and then try Priceline over the next four/five months. I would stick to four or three stars hotels only.

Good luck,

If anything comes up I will post on this thread.

Kel

Thanks Kel for replying. I will take your great advice. Maybe I am too anxious looking for hotels this far out from the cruise (March 22)...?

We are leaving the day before you on Celebrity's Constellation(03/21). I knew it would be difficult to get a deal on a hotel room for that date, so we tried something a little different; We are flying to Dallas on the 20th and will spend the night at the airport Hyatt; the next morning we will leave Dallas at 7:00am for a non-stop to FLL. We usually always fly in the day before, but this is a close option. Many airlines will now sell these over-night flights on the same ticket at no additional cost.

Good hunting on the hotel front!

Kel

If you use the search function you'll find numerous reviews of this hotels. One word of advice, do not venture off of the hotel property by foot.

Hello Bequia!

I have note posted to you since 05!! How fast time goes by!!!

What Marriott property would you say is a nice ....safe property near the FLL cruiseport? We are looking for Dec. 07 cruising on Navigator, again! I have Marriott rewards but I have looked at 3 properties and a Courtyard has both airport and cruiseport shuttles. The Marina property looks like it was sold? My neighbors stayed at Hyatt Pier ?? but I can get a room with my points at a Marriott.

Thanks for your opinion!

Hi Willb, it's been awhile...

The Marriott Rennaissance is a nice property right in the heart of cruiserland. It's been going for under a $100 on Priceline so it may be a shame using points for such an inexpensive property.

The Harbor Beach Marriott is an oceanfront resort not far from the resort, definately worth redeeming rewards for. No transport from airport or to cruiseport but heck the rooms free so the $15 cab ride won't be so bad.

There's a brand new Marriott Courtyard opening just north of the Harbor Beach Marriott between the ocean and the intracoastal. The Courtyard in Dania is relatively new with all transportation included. Not as much to do there though.

If I were redeeming rewards points and wanted the biggest bang for them, I'd go with the Harbor Beach, it's a resort after all. ;)

http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

Hi Willb, it's been awhile...

The Marriott Rennaissance is a nice property right in the heart of cruiserland. It's been going for under a $100 on Priceline so it may be a shame using points for such an inexpensive property.

The Harbor Beach Marriott is an oceanfront resort not far from the resort, definately worth redeeming rewards for. No transport from airport or to cruiseport but heck the rooms free so the $15 cab ride won't be so bad.

There's a brand new Marriott Courtyard opening just north of the Harbor Beach Marriott between the ocean and the intracoastal. The Courtyard in Dania is relatively new with all transportation included. Not as much to do there though.

If I were redeeming rewards points and wanted the biggest bang for them, I'd go with the Harbor Beach, it's a resort after all. ;)

http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

Thanks so much for your input! The Harbor Beach property is what I'm leaning towards. We won't get in until close to 7pm though :( I am curious though about the new Courtyard FLL Beach opening in October? It looks brand new??? Oceanfront? How's the area??

Also ......my brain is suffering from half-siemerz! When we were in FLL in 05 we had lunch at a place that looked like a GIANT tiki hut! We sat outside on a deck and boats would dock...we watched the "Parade of Ships" at Christmas. Would you have any idea as to what place I am referring to and it's location?

As always.....Thank you!

We also tried the Comfort Inn, not that nice, but I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn Airport. It's beautiful, and has a free shuttle for dinner and to the port. It's really nice for a Hampton, looks more like a Marriott! :D

Cruisingurl079 - which Hampton Inn Airport did you stay at - Fort Lauderdale Airport North on 12th Street or Fort Lauderdale Airport on Stirling? Was there a market neaby so I can buy our contraband liquor to sneak on board :D

Thanks.

Katink

Does anyone have any info. on the Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott on 1881 17th Street? Thank you in advance.

Peace, Anna

I believe you are talking about the Marriott that changed hands a year or so ago and is now known as the Grande, no longer in the Marriott chain.

There is a Marriott Renaissance almost next door to that property, however.

Dianne

Archived