Westin-Long Beach CA or Hyatt Regency?

SPARKLE10

Hi:

Our TA has us booked at the Westin, Long Beach for a pre-night, for our Radiance Hawaii Cruise this October. At the time she said that was the only hotel available and now it seems as if the Hyatt Regency is also an option for the pre-night. I haven't been to LB since I lived there 41 years ago when I first got married and my DH was in the Navy.

Would like an opinion on these two hotels. I know it's just for one night, but we would like a nice hotel, in a good location and near the attractions in the area.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10;)

I can't speak for the Westin but we stayed at the Hyatt. It was a very nice hotel in a great location. A short walk from the hotel is an area where there were lots of good restaurants and small shops. About a 10 minute walk is the aquarium.

Keith

Hi...

My sister lives in Long Beach and I live very close. If you're able to change, I'd go for the Hyatt. It's in the area where the old Pike used to be, but if you were here 40 years ago you'll be really pleased with all of the positive changes in the area. As the previous writer noted, you're close the the (great) Aquarium, Seaport Village for casual shopping and eating and close to Pine Street, which has many fine restaurants and great ambiance.

If you like sunsets, I'd ask for a room with a view of the sunset...From the Hyatt you can also see the Queen Mary. There are actually great views from almost any angle.

In any case, have fun and welcome back!

murphysmum;)

Although you didn't ask about it we really like the Renaissance. It is a lovely property within an easy walk of lots of sites and restaurants.:)

While we didn't stay at the Renaissance as we were at the Hyatt we passed by and walked into the Reanaissance Hotel and I agree that is another very nice property also in a nice area.

Keith

Does anyone know about the Marriott Courtyard? The 'pricier' hotels (Westin, Hyatt) are more than double for the same period, although we wanted to be near that area and the Courtyard seems to be just a couple of blocks away. And we need 2 nights so the difference really adds up. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi:

Thanks to everyone who replied. As to the latest one who posted about the Marriott Courtyard. If you make a new post you will get more replies, because in this thread, not very many people will see your question.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 :D

Archived