Recomendation Private Transfer

zelker - can I ask what hotel your staying at?

London Marriott Hotel County Hall. Right on the Thames, near the London Eye. Great hotel reviews on CC and also TripAdvisor.com.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d195225-r8043754-Marriott_London_County_Hall-London_England.html

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lonch-london-marriott-hotel-county-hall/

One of the guys in my group called Carnival today to find out what the cost would be for the Splendor's transfers from the airport to the ship and from the ship to the airport (we're on the 7/25/08 sailing). He was told $85 per person for each transfer. Pretty steep in my opinion, especially if you have a group of 10. This would be a cost of $850 each way. I'll definitely be looking for a private transfer.

John

We are off the Jun 30 Constellation cruise. We hired Porticullis to take 4 of us from Heathrow to Canterbury and to Dover the next day. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Canterbury. Inexpensive $99 (US) per nite including taxes and continental breakfast. The airport pickup and next day transfer to the ship cost $410 (we split this with the other couple we were with).

This was easy and less cost than staying in London. Having done this - I would stay in Canterbury proper as it was a charming town even if it cost more. The taxi into the city for dinner was $50 ($15 there and $35 back) due to where the HI Express is located.

did the $410 also include the transfer from ship back to Heathrow?

The $410 was for Heathrow to Canterbury and Canterbury to Dover. We did not use them on the way back since we disembarked in Copenhagen.

skandls - do you have the contact info for this company?

Mark@portcullis-uk.com

Just a note - It took us 4 1/2 hours from Heathrow to Canterbury due to very heavy traffic - Friday rush hour and a couple of accidents. The next day a group of ship transfer people were separated from their luggage - their bus made it to the ship but the luggage truck was delayed by and accident.

Our driver told us delays on the route from Heathrow to the 'Kent' are common as any accidents cause long shut downs of multiple lanes on the highway.

Archived