Here we go...another "tipping" thread

tonimari99

With all that double time you'll have plenty of cash to tip you waiters now!!:p

I always tip when required, have never had an issue with that!

I would usually prefer to do so when I receive good service, not to be expected to just because they are underpaid. Your wonderful system expects me a tip, even when service is average, let alone poor.

Cheers,

Strewth is this Automatic Wage Subsidy thread still going ? CRIKEY.

Arxcards old son..I support you 100%..you reward good service with a tip, not auto tip for any service.

Tipping is a private thing for sure and true and no one should be told WHEN to tip. PS I will be taking a lot of US 1 dollar notes with me for that purpose.

Cheers.:cool:

yes I wouldn't mind a change here but I am not going to change it by not tipping the employees whose major income is made up of tips. Maybe they should become unionized and strike for higher wages and make it mandatory as part of the cruise fare...until then however if I don't tip I'll just say I am from New Zealand. But if you are in a place that does tip and you say I don't tip because tipping if not the custom of the moon I am from....shame on you.

Since there are only 4 million from NZ and 20 million from Australia I must say the chances are you will be in the minority any way. Americans are know for being generous...loud but generous...and on the ship there will be 90% of us. I still hate these threads....

Mate, I understand that our systems being different. I have met generous people from around the world. I have also dealt with scrooges & ripoff merchants from around the world, including the US of A.

However, it was YOU that spoke about reputations.

How dare you tar the rest of the world with your brush.

Most cultures understand tipping, but it isn't always financial. Your tribe has corrupted tipping by insisting there will be a set minimum amount, regardless of the quality of service.

There are more in your tribe, that is true - that must make it right - where's that tarbrush.

Mate, I understand that our systems being different. I have met generous people from around the world. I have also dealt with scrooges & ripoff merchants from around the world, including the US of A.

However, it was YOU that spoke about reputations.

How dare you tar the rest of the world with your brush.

Most cultures understand tipping, but it isn't always financial. Your tribe has corrupted tipping by insisting there will be a set minimum amount, regardless of the quality of service.

There are more in your tribe, that is true - that must make it right - where's that tarbrush.

1. I just tarred the people who don't tip, unfortunately I pointed out that the ones complaining it the most happen to be from NZ and Australia.

2. You are correct that there are uncouth people from everywhere.

3. I didn't even tar the British...never mind the whole world(unless NZ and AS is the whole World)

4. Tribe? hmmmm actually I prefer Tar and Feathers they tickle more...and finally its not my Sabbath. Actually its strange that Sunday is considered the Sabbath since its the first day of the week not the Seventh...but I think we should stay out of religion. Now for Politics...I would happily exchange our King(GB) for the British one...

Okay all you Aussies, Brits, Scots, Americans and "Anzacs" (What the heck is that?)....

it's

:eek: TIME OUT!!!:eek:

If you want to debate politics go to Floataway and if you don't like the way Princess handles tips etc. cruise another line or complain to them...

don't harass your fellow cruisers, please please pleas...

I'll consider reopening this but if you just start another one on this board with the same political undertones it wiill go poof..

Translation: if you want to debate this go to Floataway although national slurs etc. won't be welcome there either.

Archived