Hodgepodge Questions

I didn't want to post a bunch of individual threads and plaster the board with my questions so I hope you don't mind the misc. questions. Please help if you can -

1. Would you trust the hairdressers on the Freedom of the Seas to style your hair and/or makeup? Husband and I are having our vows renewed (this is a big deal for us) and I was thinking of doing this prior.

2. We will have use of a photographer for an hour as part of the vow renewal - since everyone else on earth seems to get a tip, is it recommended that we tip him?

3. If you order from Gifts & Gear prior to sailing, are they pretty reliable for actually delivering the items? Would a wine/cheese tray be waiting in the room or delivered later on the day we sail? Are non-food items waiting at arrival?

4. I know that we will be assigned a dining room table, but how do you know which seat to sit in at the table or is it first come first served? Do you sit in the same seat every night?

I think that pretty much covers it. :D Thanks in advance and thanks for all of the great tips I've already learned from these boards!!

I didn't want to post a bunch of individual threads and plaster the board with my questions so I hope you don't mind the misc. questions. Please help if you can -

1. Would you trust the hairdressers on the Freedom of the Seas to style your hair and/or makeup? Husband and I are having our vows renewed (this is a big deal for us) and I was thinking of doing this prior.

It would be better to have your own hairdresser do it the day prior- the ship does a great job, but it depends on your hair. They are great with updos

2. We will have use of a photographer for an hour as part of the vow renewal - since everyone else on earth seems to get a tip, is it recommended that we tip him?

If you're happy with his work 15-20%

3. If you order from Gifts & Gear prior to sailing, are they pretty reliable for actually delivering the items? Would a wine/cheese tray be waiting in the room or delivered later on the day we sail? Are non-food items waiting at arrival?

Yes, they are usually in the cabin prior to sail, however; one time they brought it later that afternoon.

4. I know that we will be assigned a dining room table, but how do you know which seat to sit in at the table or is it first come first served? Do you sit in the same seat every night?

Yes, get there early-it is first come- We rotated our seats in the past and it gave us another view of the room each night.

I think that pretty much covers it. :D Thanks in advance and thanks for all of the great tips I've already learned from these boards!!

Enjoy and congrats;) !

I can answer 3 and 4, yes of everyone we have talked to whatever you order through gifts and gear is there but why pay for food when you can get it from room service? they have a nice cheese and cracker tray

I guess you could change your seat every night but we have always just sat in the same seat each night. If we are at a big table we get there early the first night to get the seat we would like. Hope this helps

Hope you have a wonderful time!

1. Would you trust the hairdressers on the Freedom of the Seas to style your hair and/or makeup? Husband and I are having our vows renewed (this is a big deal for us) and I was thinking of doing this prior. I have seen quite a few get updo's and such for formal night and they have always looked nice.

2. We will have use of a photographer for an hour as part of the vow renewal - since everyone else on earth seems to get a tip, is it recommended that we tip him? I would give him a little something.

3. If you order from Gifts & Gear prior to sailing, are they pretty reliable for actually delivering the items? Would a wine/cheese tray be waiting in the room or delivered later on the day we sail? Are non-food items waiting at arrival? not sure on this one

4. I know that we will be assigned a dining room table, but how do you know which seat to sit in at the table or is it first come first served? Do you sit in the same seat every night? Most of our cruises we have usually been one of the first there and choose the seats we like. I like the seat where I can look out on to the dining room so I can people watch. Most of our tables we have always sat in the same spot, usually because when others have arrived before us they take the same seat.

Welcome to the boards, and don't be afraid of asking questions. That is what this site is for.

When I was on rhapsody they did my hair and put it up on the back of my head and I liked it. Sort of like a flower in back. I saw some I didnt like as well as I liked what they did to mine.

Im not a hair person so someone more into hair can answer better I suspect.

my TA sent us a bottle of wine RCI never delivered and have heard of that happening to others, but maybe when you order it it is better. Im sure they are pretty reliable or there would be lots more complaints here.

As far as where do you sit at your table, first come first served. Its usual that after the first night, more often than not folks sit in the same seats for some reason, but you would not have to if you got there earlier. We had a 6 top on my last cruise and only wound up with 3 of us, one couple never made it to dinner, and the other "couple" was a mom with her teen and the teen would rather have dinner with his peers. She did make him come to formal night.

Other cruises folks never showed up as well, so you may not even have a full table, never can tell. One cruise the two guys changed to later dinner from early so they left and never came back etc.

Hey! I was just in your city. HOT. :(

I'll take Hodge-Podge for $200, Alex.

Yes. They are very well-trained in these things. I wouldn't do it because I think that it is WAY too much money for such services, but if I were doing something important like you, I would probably look at it differently.

I'll take Hodge-Podge for $400, Alex.

You are paying seventy five dollars for this service, I believe. Personally, I think that that's plenty. :eek:

I'll take Hodge-Podge for $600, Alex.

They SHOULD be there when you arrive. If not, go down to the Purser's Desk (Guest Relations Desk) as soon as the embarkation crowd is gone.

I'll take Hodge-Podge for $800, Alex.

You may sit in any chair you like. Some people like to sit in the same spot every night; some people like to mix it up. Some people believe that one spot is better than another; I think that those people need therapy. :D

You are welcome, and thank you for playing Jeopardy! At Sea.

:)

Ah, one of my favorite categories.

I hope that your July 4th celebrations were fun and full of PLENTY of potent potables! ;)[/quote

Right back at ya.

Thx Carol, July 4th is my birthday and usually does include a plethora of the pp's (that would be the ppp's). I just wish I enjoyed these potables from my balcony on a ship!

Jo

We ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries and it was waiting in our cabin when we boarded

First come first served! Remember people don't always turn up every night.

I always get my hair done for every formal night and they only charge $50.00, and if you are a C&A member they give you a coupon book for 10 or 15% off spa service and you can use it for your hair. My hair has always turned out great.

Thanks everyone! Especially Merion Mom ;)

Final Jeopardy Question: do we drive from Nashville (leave Friday night, stay somewhere near Atlanta, get to Miami on Sat, cruise on Sun) or do we fly? We have flight reservations, but we were thinking that we may just drive and use the airfare to fly somewhere else. I'm worried about Miami port traffic but I'm not sure if it is unfounded. Staying at the Biscayne Bay Marriott pre-cruise. :)

I'll take Hodge Podge for $1,000 (hopes she gets double jeopardy so she can maybe catch up with Merion Mom)

Thanks everyone! Especially Merion Mom ;)

Final Jeopardy Question: do we drive from Nashville (leave Friday night, stay somewhere near Atlanta, get to Miami on Sat, cruise on Sun) or do we fly? We have flight reservations, but we were thinking that we may just drive and use the airfare to fly somewhere else. I'm worried about Miami port traffic but I'm not sure if it is unfounded. Staying at the Biscayne Bay Marriott pre-cruise. :)

1) What is a hellishly long drive that will cost as much or more than the airfare and will require the first day or 2 of the cruise just to recouperate?

2) What is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view of the ships located in an area where you don't stroll the streets at night?

I would take picture of what you are thinking for your hair wedding do

Excellent suggestion. Typically they are very skilled, but hairdos are so subjective . . . you could wind up with a masterfully executed hairdo that you don't like at all. :o But personally, if the stylist thought she could pretty well imitate the photo, I would trust her judgement. :)

I'll take Hodge Podge for $1,000 (hopes she gets double jeopardy so she can maybe catch up with Merion Mom)

1) What is a hellishly long drive that will cost as much or more than the airfare and will require the first day or 2 of the cruise just to recouperate?

2) What is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view of the ships located in an area where you don't stroll the streets at night?

I would take picture of what you are thinking for your hair wedding do
Excellent suggestion. Typically they are very skilled, but hairdos are so subjective . . . you could wind up with a masterfully executed hairdo that you don't like at all. But personally, if the stylist thought she could pretty well imitate the photo, I would trust her judgement.

Excellent advice. I agree with every word.

Archived