Anyone ever bumped AFTER final payment?

Leo Jay

Can you be bumped/upgraded/moved after final payment?

Did you miss this thread earlier this week?

My husband and I booked a cruise on the carnival Liberty . We booked a specific room -one on the corner with a wrap around balcony-Catagory 9A. we booked this room eight months in advance. With this tenth cruise on carnival (although we have booked 22 cabins total when we brought our children several times and booked three cabins each time) We have now become platinum members. We have been in this same type room many times and prefer it ,just for the balcony.We paid in full and received all of our documents at the END of June for an early July cruise. The room number was on the documents. (which means we had a legal contract)After traveling all day on little sleep, we arrived on the ship about 12:30 only to be told our room had been given away in early June... They would not change it back because "we were already inthe system in a different room". Yes on paper it was what they considered"an upgrade" to a catagory 11. the big difference was that the balcony was small and in the middle of the ship. the room was right by the elevators,stairways and the noisy pantry for the room stewards. We both have medical problems ,The wrap around balcony comes with its own chaise lounges and we like to sunbathe in private. As far as we were concerned the cruise was ruined. Our travel agent said she has never seen this happen in 20 years. carnival took that room right out from under us,never asked us and never informed us or our travel agent. And they did this before they sent out our final documents .Our final documents had the original room number on them.. Unbelievable

Sorry :o Just wanted you to know what can happen.

Ok, thanks. Sounded like you might have been trying to give me a hard time for starting a "new" thread when there was "already" a similar one out there... Sorry about that.

As a handicapped cruiser I just wanted to let you know that it is very rare for an able bodied person to be bumped from a cabin if someone who needs it requests it. Most of the time, we are told that the cruise line is not allowed to ask the people in the cabin if they "require" the cabin or not. Ships have very few accessible cabins. If they are filled with people who just want a larger cabin, then someone who needs that larger space to even get into the cabin with their wheelchair, and be able to get around in the room, will not be able to sail. Wheelchair users can NOT use a regular cabin. Please for the sake of all of those who are physically challenged keep this in mind when choosing your cabin.

Sorry for the lecture, just trying to let you all know some of the extra challenges we face when trying to cruise.

My Carnival PVP specifically asked me if my husband or I had any mobility or other issues that might require any extra assistance. While I do have mobility issues, I do not use a WC and did not request any assistance. I think they do (and rightly so) try to reserve the HC rooms for those who need them. You would think though that they would designate which rooms are HC accessible on the floor plans on the website so they can be avoided by people choosing rooms if they're not needed.

Archived