Discounts on NCL Crown - Bermuda?

pr0pel

Hi Everyone.. I'm getting married on 8/10/07 and still have not thought about the honeymoon yet. I was surfing around and found the Crown that departs NYC on 8/12 and figured that would be great since we live in NYC and it's only 2 days after the wedding.

I wanted to know if there are any ways to go about booking this cruise. Should I go through NCL directly by calling them or can I go through some recommended travel agent to get a last minute discount or any discounts that are available to me? This is our first time cruising and so far, it seems very over whelming. It reminds of my first trip to Disney World where I had to plan the entire week step by step and figure out exactly what to do. I just want to relax and have fun without worrying about rushing... after wall, we will be newlyweds.

Who do you guys go through to book your cruise? I tried a search and came up with no results.

Hi Everyone.. I'm getting married on 8/10/07 and still have not thought about the honeymoon yet. I was surfing around and found the Crown that departs NYC on 8/12 and figured that would be great since we live in NYC and it's only 2 days after the wedding.

I wanted to know if there are any ways to go about booking this cruise. Should I go through NCL directly by calling them or can I go through some recommended travel agent to get a last minute discount or any discounts that are available to me? This is our first time cruising and so far, it seems very over whelming. It reminds of my first trip to Disney World where I had to plan the entire week step by step and figure out exactly what to do. I just want to relax and have fun without worrying about rushing... after wall, we will be newlyweds.

Who do you guys go through to book your cruise? I tried a search and came up with no results.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Please review the board guidelines. You came up with no results in your search because recommendations for travel agents and travel sites that sell cruises is against board guidelines and will be removed if posted.

I am sailing on the Crown on Sunday. The internet is a wonderful thing. I searched some well-respected internet cruise travel agents, and I compared the prices, as well as NCL.com Sometimes NCL has special discounts posted online. I was surprised to find out one agency was $500 less per cabin for the same exact cabin. Google Cruise discounts

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Please review the board guidelines. You came up with no results in your search because recommendations for travel agents and travel sites that sell cruises is against board guidelines and will be removed if posted.

Whereas I can't recommend one, I'll suggest checking the link Cruise Agencies at the top of this Cruise Critic page. ;)

Compare fare prices and book your cruise with one of them, or book your cruise directly with the cruise line of your choice.:cool:

Don't worry: a good TA will handle everything for you. And the best part of a cruise is you dont' have to plan a thing! You can read the paper they leave in your cabin the night before and decide what you want to do and what you don't want to do.

Bermuda is lovely. You'll have a fabulous honeymoon there.

How do I go about picking a stateroom? Are there similar sites like seatguru but for cruises? It looks like all the balcony's for the Crown are sold out and the next one up is a suite. The most affordable one is AG mini suite with fully obstructed views.. Not sure if this is worth getting. Can anyone give me some advice? If the mini suite isn't worth it, I think we can go for an ocean view room.. Doing lots of research now since there are so many different classes. Is it safe to say that C is the best and it gets a little less better as it goes down the alphabet? This is so confusing!

I'm guessing the TA should take care of this and know exactly where to put us, including making sure we have a Queen bed.. we'd have to have separate beds on our honeymoon!

It looks like all the balcony's for the Crown are sold out and the next one up is a suite. The most affordable one is AG mini suite with fully obstructed views.. Not sure if this is worth getting. Can anyone give me some advice? Is it safe to say that C is the best and it gets a little less better as it goes down the alphabet? This is so confusing!

Here's a list of basic cabins aboard NCL ships.

A Suite

B Balcony cabins

C, D, E, F, G, and H Oceanview cabins

On the Crown, CC is a superior Oceanview cabin, usually with more sq. ft.

I, J, K, L, M, and N Inside cabins

In the Crown, II is a superior Inside cabin, usually with more sq.ft.

The Crown doesn't have any B cabins. If you want to book a cabin with a balcony, you're going to have to book a suite. Here's a list of suites for the Crown.

AA Owner's Suite - Living room, private balcony, sitting area with convertible sofa, mini-bar, separate bedroom with queen-size bed, walk-in closet, floor-to-ceiling windows, DVD, refrigerator and marble bath with whirlpool tub and shower. Butler service and concierge available. (455 sq. ft., balcony 160 sq. ft.)

AB Penthouse - Living room, private balcony, sitting area with convertible sofa, two lower beds, mini-bar, floor-to-ceiling windows, DVD, refrigerator and marble bath with whirlpool tub and shower. Butler service and concierge available. (360 sq. ft., balcony 80 sq. ft.)

AC Suite - Living room, picture windows, queen-size bed or two lower beds, refrigerator, tub and shower. Concierge available. (Penthouse Deck has balcony, Riviera Deck don't.) (200 - 290 sq. ft.)

AD Suite - Large sitting area, picture windows, queen-size bed or two lower beds, tub and shower. Concierge available. (Penthouse Deck has balcony, Riviera Deck don't.) (200 sq. ft.)

AE Mini-Suite - Large sitting area, picture windows, queen-size bed or two lower beds, tub and shower. (190 - 200 sq. ft.)

AF Mini-Suite - Large sitting area, picture windows, queen-size bed, tub and shower. Concierge available. (Partially obstructed views.) (190 - 200 sq. ft.)

AG Mini-Suite - Large sitting area, picture windows, queen-size bed or two lower beds, tub and shower. (Fully obstructed views.) (190 - 200 sq. ft.)

I hope this helps!

If you're a first time cruiser I'd suggest finding a local TA. Ask friends and family for referalls if you don't know any. You will have lots of questions and there is lots to know. Why spend hours searching online? You can make and appointment and meet face to face with someone and get all the info you need. You'll wrack your brain trying to figure this all out on your own. And how will you know if you're even finding correct info?\

Good luck!

Archived