Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

OMG! Stop with the accusations.....I'm so busy at work with our upcoming Golf Tournament next Wednesday.....can't wait until it's over! Horton wants his mommy back!

DKD......Oh! My! You already dressed her up.....what a good daddy! I love, love, love her already. Hello Gretel, it's Auntie Roz & Horty! Welcome beautiful girl and DKD, I'm so happy for Kim and all of you. Gretel was sent to make your heart sing and help you to smile again.

Look Orson, isn't she spiffy!!!!!

Congratulations, here you go again! I love that feeling ♥

Happy weekend everybody, and, again, welcome to our newest beauty Gretel [what a cute name!]

I wish we lived closer......Gretel looks so much like Horton, it would be hard to tell them apart.

Is this your first Black Lab? I have fallen madly in love with them!!!!! It's especially fun when you have white clothes on! :rolleyes:

When Horton went for re-certification I begged the trainer to start training Labradoodles.......

Happy weekend everybody, and, again, welcome to our newest beauty Gretel [what a cute name!]

I wish we lived closer......Gretel looks so much like Horton, it would be hard to tell them apart.

Is this your first Black Lab? I have fallen madly in love with them!!!!! It's especially fun when you have white clothes on! :rolleyes:

When Horton went for re-certification I begged the trainer to start training Labradoodles.......

There you are young lady!! Yes, Gretel is our first Black Lab. She is a full Lab. I was never very fond of black labs because it's hard to see their expressions. But Gretel has lighter than normal brown eyes and a very shiny coat. So you can see her expressions easier. She is really starting to bond with my daughter. She sleeps on her bed every night and is starting to respond to her giving commands. She is even becoming friends with our Yorkie (Chaos).

There you are young lady!! Yes, Gretel is our first Black Lab. She is a full Lab. I was never very fond of black labs because it's hard to see their expressions. But Gretel has lighter than normal brown eyes and a very shiny coat. So you can see her expressions easier. She is really starting to bond with my daughter. She sleeps on her bed every night and is starting to respond to her giving commands. She is even becoming friends with our Yorkie (Chaos).

NOTE TO GRETEL: You lucky girl.......You won the Service Partner Award......You're in a family that really knows what to do with a Service Dog and who loves to cruise on Disney......Lucky you! Have fun and enjoy your new home......You can relax, they know exactly how to treat you! Hopefully, one day you and I can meet and we'll show everyone how two Black Labs can really create one massive, black fur-ball!!!!

Much love and many licks, Horton Jeffrey ;) I give you the middle name "Kathleen"......"Gretel Kathleen." :hearteyes:

We are off for 10 days on our Alaska Cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Good thing we are flying Southwest since Henri's bag is almost as big as mine. We have several accessible excursions planned and are doing some ports on our own with a rental car. Keep your fingers crossed for no rain!

Dianne

We are off for 10 days on our Alaska Cruise on Celebrity Solstice. Good thing we are flying Southwest since Henri's bag is almost as big as mine. We have several accessible excursions planned and are doing some ports on our own with a rental car. Keep your fingers crossed for no rain!

Dianne

Fingers, Toes and Paws crossed.......Bon~Voyage, have a wonderful, restful and exciting time!

Bon Voyage Dianne and Henri - have a wonderful cruise and enjoy beautiful Alaska. When we went oh maybe 3 years ago, no it was 4 years I've just been told :rolleyes: by himself - we only had one day of rain in Ketchikan but even that day was beautiful with the mist - not called Misty Fjords for nothing I suppose!

Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Happy and safe travels!

The golf tournament is over.......it was a huge success and as usual, Horton was loved by so many. I could raffle off "A Day With Horton" and we could make a lot of money, but I don't think CCI would approve.

I wish all of you who are cruising......Happy Sails, and to the rest of us have a good, safe and happy weekend.

I know DKD is enjoying having Gretel in his life and she's catching-up on all the missed naps she could have had if it were not for Team Training!!!! :*

Here is Halo, my service dog. I think it is attaching.

Linda and Halo

Perfect! Halo has that "I'm gentle and friendly but take my job seriously" look.

Happy weekend everyone and a safe and reflective Memorial Day to all! :*

I know I have lots of time until my Hawaii cruise in December but I'm making all the "Horton" "must haves" notes right now!

As beautiful as Hawaii is, it's so annoying when it comes to bringing your dog in. I hate subjecting him to that darn blood draw!!!!! :(

Wishing you a happy weekend too Aunty Roz and Horton! It's never too early to get organised for your cruise, it always comes around faster than you think!

I was going to write a wee quip when you referred to Halo as a "delicious blonde" - takes one to know one! LOL! :* But I thought I was probably in as much trouble - well almost - as DKD for our last Aunty Roz joke! :p You know we love you!

We are having a heatwave here - 29C today - that is unusually hot for us - the dogs are panting, drinking lots and lots of water and looking for shade. We have no AC! We don't really need it - maybe we are California Dreaming?

DKD - how is the beautiful Gretel doing?

My daughter graduated today. Had several new experiences with Halo and he did wonderful, mom got stressed (I tend to have high anxiety so not a surprise). And dad is really becoming REALLY intolerant of rude people. We ate at a hibachi restaurant were they grill your food at the table and will try to throw food in your mouth. The cook totally missed my mouth with cooked egg. It landed on the floor and Halo didn't even look at it. The crowds were the worse. It was a graduating class of 800+ students. A lot from Mormon families, VERY large families. The family we sat next to had 30 people there for the ceremony. It was held at the Boise State Arena and still was packed. After when trying to meet up with Riki, people wouldn't see Halo and would bump him. He never got hurt or Inappropriately touched, just crowded and not noticed. The lady we sat next to was rude about him being there. I just told her I would keep him out of her space. One girl saw him, stopped turned her back and stopped while we were moving forward. Halo lifted the back of her dress and put his wet nose on the back of her thigh. She jumped, moved out of the way and apologized, it was quite funny. Halo was incredible and I am so proud of him and my daughter.

Oh, there was a service dog in training that the puppy raiser graduated and so did the dog and will soon go to its person.18767607_10212846322376683_4501501083869756913_n.jpg?oh=9ea975c2ec352249ea7e693403d7f931&oe=599EB873

What a lovely family photo! Congratulations To your daughter on her graduation - and well done to Halo for sticking his nose "where it maybe shouldn't have been" to get through! That did make me laugh! Good boy. :*

It's funny isn't it, that when we are involved with our dogs - either in a working partnership or training them - we are much more aware of not only the challenges "we" face but how rude and intolerant some folk are. It has truly opened my eyes to the daily challenges people with disabilities face, things I quite honestly would never have noticed before puppy walking.

I've never heard of this type of restaurant - throwing food into your mouth - well mine is quite big, or so the DH says, so I guess I would be well fed there! LOL!!! :rolleyes: ;) DKD - no further comments required!

Fairborn, you probably know of hibachi restaurants, I just don't describe things well. It is an Asian restaurant where they grill your dinner right in front of you. The chef was making the fried rice, which has fried egg in it. He was tossing a small bit of the fried egg. Sometimes they do a vegetable or shrimp.

I was one of the rude people. I realize people are in their own world, don't realize how difficult it is for disabled and most aren't intentionally rude, just oblivious. I understand this, my husband gets mad; he is worried about me falling and hurting myself.

Linda and Halo