Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

Roz we have success!!! We decided to walk him around the promenade. I had a bed pad in my hand in case he decided to go. He didn't so we came back to the cabin and I brought him out on the balcony. He actually went right in and peed and then I made him go back in which ive done a hundred times this week and he spun around and went. Wooohoooo! We were dancing around, the kids were high fiving. Whew. That was a 26 hr wait. Figures he seems to be getting it now that we are going home. We were really worried about these 2 sea days home. We spent most of the day in the cabin worrying about him going somewhere around the ship. Tomorrow we had planned to take shifts with the kids in the cabin. We are so relieved. We can try to enjoy these next 2 days. 😀

He seems to like the cruise. He is so easy going and layed back. The opposite of Wexler. Wex was always a basket case. The people on here are another story. They are just horrible. He is new and John doesn't want people all over him. They are getting all ticked off. One lady got mad and went over to her group and gossiped about us and we were right there. Today he spoke to the lunch supervisor about the crew making kissy noises and talking to the dog. Most come up and say "I know we are not allowed to pet them" and then stand there talking to the dog. Then go away!!  We've been trying to find out of the way places to go where no one will bother us. He loves the balcony (Wex hated it) and comes out and lays down with us. Theres a chair in our cabin that hes adopted as his own. Been sleeping there day and night.. So besides the potty, he likes it. Lol

IMG_20190528_084656.jpg

IMG_20190527_164818.jpg

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!  I just knew that you would make it work......I'm so glad!  Now you have to keep your upcoming cruise....he's got it!!!!  OMG!  What a dork!  And, as if you didn't have enough to worry about with this diva.....you had to deal with crew and passengers who had to challenge you too!   I'm so sorry Cindy & John.....you both need a break from this vacation!

I hope that you got to enjoy some good days on this cruise.....Welcome Oakland!

2 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!  I just knew that you would make it work......I'm so glad!  Now you have to keep your upcoming cruise....he's got it!!!!  OMG!  What a dork!  And, as if you didn't have enough to worry about with this diva.....you had to deal with crew and passengers who had to challenge you too!   I'm so sorry Cindy & John.....you both need a break from this vacation!

I hope that you got to enjoy some good days on this cruise.....Welcome Oakland!

P.S.  I love the relaxing pictures.....Poor guy, he absolutely wore himself to a frazzle!  He looks like he did find the time to enjoy his cruise!

13 minutes ago, MelanieDyer said:

Switching routes & looking at Eastern Caribbean.  I know the requirements for Grand Turk but was wondering if anyone has cruised there & just not gotten off the ship to avoid the required paperwork?  The other ports are St Thomas (U.S), San Juan (U.S) and Amber Cove.  Dominican Republic doesn't seem too bad?

Melanie, we have lots of folks who have done these cruises and will come on to help you.  

2 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Melanie, we have lots of folks who have done these cruises and will come on to help you.  

P.S.  Melanie, in the interim go to google/chrome and put in "Aphis 7001 travel to the Caribbean."  You will be able to get all the good answers you need.

Happy cruising!

51 minutes ago, MelanieDyer said:

Switching routes & looking at Eastern Caribbean.  I know the requirements for Grand Turk but was wondering if anyone has cruised there & just not gotten off the ship to avoid the required paperwork?  The other ports are St Thomas (U.S), San Juan (U.S) and Amber Cove.  Dominican Republic doesn't seem too bad?

We have skipped getting off in Turk because of the paperwork a few times. One time they wanted to charge us. ☹️

Well day 6 and Oakland has finally figured it out. 😕  Alittle late but glad he didnt have to go 2 days without pooping. We might keep our cruise in January, not sure yet. 

Other than the potty problems, he's been the best dog ever!! He is so good, it's amazing. So well behaved and easy going. Couldn't be happier. 

Edited by rangeley
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Your TA needs a lesson in how to treat a customer!  Boy, I'd love 10 minutes with her and her supervisor!

You just keep up your wonderful attitude and continue to cruise and have fun with Halo!

I wish you could have at her.  She is a vindictive narcissist and I am actually a bit scared of her.

Linda and Halo

Well day 6 and Oakland has finally figured it out. 😕  Alittle late but glad he didnt have to go 2 days without pooping. We might keep our cruise in January, not sure yet. 

Other than the potty problems, he's been the best dog ever!! He is so good, it's amazing. So well behaved and easy going. Couldn't be happier. 

Good job Oakland - I hope you can enjoy your last couple of day stress free.

Dianne

38 minutes ago, rpclmc said:

I wish you could have at her.  She is a vindictive narcissist and I am actually a bit scared of her.

Linda and Halo

No way.......I'm so sorry that such a public person makes you feel this way.  Travel agencies are like any retail business, you may report them to the Better Business Bureau and certainly let her supervisor know of her poor behavior.  Fire her and give your money to someone else!

Yay!!!!!!  Where are you going in January and on what cruise line?  I want to cruise with you so badly......I want all the details and we'll see!

For any of you who have cruised NCL lately tell me how you like them.  I'm seeing some really good deals in 2020 on board the NCL Joy out of L.A.  I'd like to know about your experiences with them.  We did NCL Star years ago and it wasn't bad.  I'd like to hear more current info.

3 hours ago, rangeley said:

Just for bringing the dog on the island. $50.00 We told them forget it and stayed on the ship

I read on the permit they charge $50 but if you have a service dog they waive the fee.  I think we are going to go for it and hope for the best.    I wish the islands would come up with different rules for cruisers that are only there for the day.  Not make you follow the Import regulations.  You'd think they'd realize they are losing tourist money

2 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

No way.......I'm so sorry that such a public person makes you feel this way.  Travel agencies are like any retail business, you may report them to the Better Business Bureau and certainly let her supervisor know of her poor behavior.  Fire her and give your money to someone else!

I am already using someone else.

She is based out of Canada.  Does the BBB apply up there?  She is a Carnival specific TA.  I don't know who her supervisor is.

Linda and Halo

Not just me, but several clients and a business partner have left her.  She is just horrible to everyone.  Acts really nice, then one finds out she is bad mouthing people behind their backs and talking about their finances, etc.  

Linda and Halo

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

I would love to cruise sometime with you guys. It would be great to have someone who knows what they are doing and has all the experience you have. 

I, too, would love to cruise with other SD's.  I've been lucky to have a few experiences with true SD's but I'm ashamed to say, I've had more with fakes!

1 hour ago, MelanieDyer said:

I read on the permit they charge $50 but if you have a service dog they waive the fee.  I think we are going to go for it and hope for the best.    I wish the islands would come up with different rules for cruisers that are only there for the day.  Not make you follow the Import regulations.  You'd think they'd realize they are losing tourist money.

Melanie, this is only one tenth of what you have to pay to get your SD into Hawaii, plus a Rabies Titer Test.  Not to mention what it cost to go to Europe, the cost of getting your dog into the EU is also ridiculous!  

The hoops and whistles to travel with our "medical equipment" can be too much for many to bear.

7 minutes ago, rpclmc said:

Not just me, but several clients and a business partner have left her.  She is just horrible to everyone.  Acts really nice, then one finds out she is bad mouthing people behind their backs and talking about their finances, etc.  

Linda and Halo

Someone needs to let Carnival know about her tactics.  She wouldn't be allowed to pull her nonsense for very long with me!

Yay!!!!!!  Where are you going in January and on what cruise line?  I want to cruise with you so badly......I want all the details and we'll see!

Oh don't tease me Roz. We are going back to HAL in January. I think it's called the tropical Caribbean. Goes to their own private island, grand turk, Amber cove in Dominican, and key west. 

1 minute ago, rangeley said:

Oh don't tease me Roz. We are going back to HAL in January. I think it's called the tropical Caribbean. Goes to their own private island, grand turk, Amber cove in Dominican, and key west. 

Out of where?  What ship?  For how long?  You know I hate flying, and by then Horton will  be 11 and now he's refusing to jump into  and out of my SUV, I don't know if he's up to traveling across country via airline and train travel is so difficult for SD's.  

I still want to hear more and I can dream and plan can't I?

1 minute ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Out of where?  What ship?  For how long?  You know I hate flying, and by then Horton will  be 11 and now he's refusing to jump into  and out of my SUV, I don't know if he's up to traveling across country via airline and train travel is so difficult for SD's.  

I still want to hear more and I can dream and plan can't I?

7 days out of Ft Lauderdale. The Nieuw Statendam is the ship. New this year. 

Ya and I'll dream about flying to California. 

11 minutes ago, lindaler said:

So go from California through the canal and then go on rangeley’s cruise. I have thought about the Panama cruises if you don’t get off, you still get all the viewing. 

Theres an idea Roz   lol

• Like 1