Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

1 hour ago, rangeley said:

They did it! 

IMG_20190510_112548.jpg

Cindy, you must be so happy of proud of your guys!   The new ones and the "old" ones!!!!  It's so wonderful to be there with you PuppyRaisers.  I always wonder what's going through our dog's heads......"so many Mommy's and Daddy's!"

Oakland is such a handsome dog.  It's a rare pleasure to actually see all the expressions on the faces!  The black dogs hide most of this!

Cindy, thank you so much for sharing this tearful, wonderful experience with all of us! 💕

2 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Cindy, you must be so happy of proud of your guys!   The new ones and the "old" ones!!!!  It's so wonderful to be there with you PuppyRaisers.  I always wonder what's going through our dog's heads......"so many Mommy's and Daddy's!"

Oakland is such a handsome dog.  It's a rare pleasure to actually see all the expressions on the faces!  The black dogs hide most of this!

Cindy, thank you so much for sharing this tearful, wonderful experience with all of us! 💕

Sorry for all the typo's, I'm not as good with multi-tasking as I used to be......You know what I mean!  Love you!  ❣️

On 5/11/2019 at 2:17 AM, wizard-of-roz said:

I watched the entire graduation of John & Oakland.........I'm so proud to be part of CCI and have one of their amazing heroes. 🐾

I wish you years and years of great companionship with your Oakland. 🐾

Did you notice the tshirts we wore? 

Graduation was great. We are all exhausted. Oak did great and got to see his puppy raisers again. In fact he also got to meet Wexlers puppy raiser. She came to support us, how awesome is that!! She even brought Oak a toy. Our friend down there insisted that she come to the brunch they have for the grads and prs. 

As much fun as it was, I'm glad its over. Now we can get down to cruising!!! 

My son and dil finally got to meet the boy, as did my grandpuppy. Unfortunately my grandpuppy was ummm alittle psycho and had to be put in the house. But the kids will get to spend a week with the boy on the cruise. 

Edited by rangeley

6 hours ago, rangeley said:

Graduation was great. We are all exhausted. Oak did great and got to see his puppy raisers again. In fact he also got to meet Wexlers puppy raiser. She came to support us, how awesome is that!! She even brought Oak a toy. Our friend down there insisted that she come to the brunch they have for the grads and prs. 

As much fun as it was, I'm glad its over. Now we can get down to cruising!!! 

My son and dil finally got to meet the boy, as did my grandpuppy. Unfortunately my grandpuppy was ummm alittle psycho and had to be put in the house. But the kids will get to spend a week with the boy on the cruise. 

Other than the Grand Puppy you guys have some really great supporters.

I know how exhausting Graduation can be. You all did a great job!  Oakland is such a handsome boy......He's going to make you both so happy, I can just see it.

I bet you're ready to get back to living a "normal" life!  Best of all, getting ready to go on your next cruise with your kids and Mr. Oakland!

Still recovering from our trip and will post more photos and such in a day or two but I wanted to drop in and say Kali did AMAZING on her first cruise.  I was so proud of her!  As far as the paperwork I was so intimidated by?  We handed over copies of everything when we boarded and no one else ever asked for a single thing.  Not even when we got off the ship in Nassau!  😲 

Someone please tell me the paperwork for Cozumel will be easy!  Thank you all so much for your support through my extreme nervousness! ❤️

DSCN4177edited.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHFamily said:

Still recovering from our trip and will post more photos and such in a day or two but I wanted to drop in and say Kali did AMAZING on her first cruise.  I was so proud of her!  As far as the paperwork I was so intimidated by?  We handed over copies of everything when we boarded and no one else ever asked for a single thing.  Not even when we got off the ship in Nassau!  😲 

Someone please tell me the paperwork for Cozumel will be easy!  Thank you all so much for your support through my extreme nervousness! ❤️

DSCN4177edited.jpg

It's great to hear from you.  I'm so glad that your very first experience is a good one.  Kali looks so happy to be on board!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HHFamily said:

DSCN4177edited.jpg

So glad you had a great cruise! Hopefully Oakland can do as good as Kali! Can't wait to see more pics. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

Goodness!  What a pretty and serious face Oakland has!  

I just love all the expressions they make.    Congrats on everything!

Enjoy your cruise with the new pup!

Oakland is a very serious dog. An awesome worker. He is asked to pick something up and does it immediately. Wex would have to stretch, cough, shake and then he would paw the item to death. This one picks up paper on the corner as not to ruin it. Wex was a shredder. 

His personality is nothing like Wex. Wex was very animated, tail never stopped wagging, very lovey. This one is laid back. The first week he didn't even wag his tail. He's much better now and every day I see him doing different things. Wex was immediate love, Oak is making us work for it. They say it can take up to 3 months to fully show himself. He's totally comfortable here. But we were told he's slow to bond. Maybe because he's been with so many different people, 2 puppy raisers and 2 trainers. I'm not worried he's coming around more every day. Took him 3 weeks just to let us give him belly rubs, now every day he's rolling over. And he's a big smushy face! Lots of rolls. 

IMG_20190513_113053.jpg

IMG_20190512_104449.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HHFamily said:

DSCN4177edited.jpg

Look at that pretty girl, letting the wind blow thru her hair, at sea, what else could a girl want? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HHFamily said:

DSCN4177edited.jpg

Congrats on your first cruise! It gets easier with every one. 

Dianne

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rangeley said:

Oakland is a very serious dog. An awesome worker. He is asked to pick something up and does it immediately. Wex would have to stretch, cough, shake and then he would paw the item to death. This one picks up paper on the corner as not to ruin it. Wex was a shredder. 

His personality is nothing like Wex. Wex was very animated, tail never stopped wagging, very lovey. This one is laid back. The first week he didn't even wag his tail. He's much better now and every day I see him doing different things. Wex was immediate love, Oak is making us work for it. They say it can take up to 3 months to fully show himself. He's totally comfortable here. But we were told he's slow to bond. Maybe because he's been with so many different people, 2 puppy raisers and 2 trainers. I'm not worried he's coming around more every day. Took him 3 weeks just to let us give him belly rubs, now every day he's rolling over. And he's a big smushy face! Lots of rolls. 

IMG_20190513_113053.jpg

Henri can also stall a bit when she is picking up something for me - except at dinner time. If I drop a spoon or her bottle of fish oil she is right on it!

Dianne

9 hours ago, rangeley said:

IMG_20190513_113053.jpg

IMG_20190512_104449.jpg

I love it!  They're all so different....I must admit, I'm in love with this dog!   He's the perfect example of a Yellow Lab [that beautiful face.]  I love your stories of Wexy compared to Oakland!

41 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I love it!  They're all so different....I must admit, I'm in love with this dog!   He's the perfect example of a Yellow Lab [that beautiful face.]  I love your stories of Wexy compared to Oakland!

I'm in love too Roz!!