Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

2yoe26s.jpg

Hey everyone - back from a great trip to Southern Portugal...it was good to get home though.

Welcome Back! Oh! Lucy! You have such a wonderful and meaningful expression on your beautiful face.

It's so nice to travel and even nicer to get home!!!!

Just dropping by. Jagger and I are doing well. Been busy as my mother went into the hospital (hopefully coming home today) My friend came to stay to help out as I still can't take care of myself totally. Can start putting weight on the foot on July 14th. Can you tell I am counting the days?!!

The group cruise we are doing on Carnival is going real well. It's not until December 2018 so still a long ways out. Have cabins left if anyone on here would like to go. 4 Day Bahamian cruise out of Port Canaveral. The prices were so good I booked a solo cabin. (or for Jagger and me - LOL)

Welcome back Alexspa! Hello to Roz! Hello everyone else. So hard to see all the posts when you are doing a reply so it makes me feel like I am leaving out people.... Wexler! Dianne!

Just dropping by. Jagger and I are doing well. Been busy as my mother went into the hospital (hopefully coming home today) My friend came to stay to help out as I still can't take care of myself totally. Can start putting weight on the foot on July 14th. Can you tell I am counting the days?!!

The group cruise we are doing on Carnival is going real well. It's not until December 2018 so still a long ways out. Have cabins left if anyone on here would like to go. 4 Day Bahamian cruise out of Port Canaveral. The prices were so good I booked a solo cabin. (or for Jagger and me - LOL)

Welcome back Alexspa! Hello to Roz! Hello everyone else. So hard to see all the posts when you are doing a reply so it makes me feel like I am leaving out people.... Wexler! Dianne!

Holly, I know how anxious you are to get back on your feet! I hope your Mom does well too!

Horton and I would love to cruise with you.....We're doing a 15 day [Hawaii] in Dec., 2017, a 12 day [Alaska] in April, 2018, and a 10 day [sea of Cortez] in Feb., 2019. In between those I have to work, so it looks very dim that I could fit anymore cruising time in between. See if you can fit into one of mine already booked!

I know how much fun it is to look forward to and plan a cruise and I know how much you've earned this one, we would love to be onboard just to see the excitement on your face! ;)

Service Dog Story Time:

I'm busy typing away at work. I had given Horton a Virbac Chew.....sometimes they leave a film on Horton's tongue and he desperately needs water to wash away the after-taste. Horton's food and water dishes are on an elevated wrought-iron stand, because he's so tall. He once had a terribly frightening occurrence when his collar, which was attached to his leash had become stuck between the water dish and his neck and scared the bejeebers out of him. Since then he won't drink with his collar and leash attached.

Well, I had given him his chew before I took off his leash/collar and now he needed to drink. I was involved with my task-at-hand and wasn't watching him......he had placed himself very closely to me, in a sitting position, facing his water dish. He then poked my elbow, made a movement with his head towards his dish [like he was pointing to it] and it was so clear to me what he was saying. "Please take off my collar and leash, so that I can drink some water!" It was so beautiful how he communicated with me.

It may sound so silly, but it was so touching how these dogs can talk to us!!!!!

Service Dog Story Time:

I'm busy typing away at work. I had given Horton a Virbac Chew.....sometimes they leave a film on Horton's tongue and he desperately needs water to wash away the after-taste. Horton's food and water dishes are on an elevated wrought-iron stand, because he's so tall. He once had a terribly frightening occurrence when his collar, which was attached to his leash had become stuck between the water dish and his neck and scared the bejeebers out of him. Since then he won't drink with his collar and leash attached.

Well, I had given him his chew before I took off his leash/collar and now he needed to drink. I was involved with my task-at-hand and wasn't watching him......he had placed himself very closely to me, in a sitting position, facing his water dish. He then poked my elbow, made a movement with his head towards his dish [like he was pointing to it] and it was so clear to me what he was saying. "Please take off my collar and leash, so that I can drink some water!" It was so beautiful how he communicated with me.

It may sound so silly, but it was so touching how these dogs can talk to us!!!!!

Unbelievable how smart they are!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Service Dog Story Time:

awww...that is a sweet story!

Forrest has already mastered "worried Lab face!" (That's Raylene's default facial expression.)

That photo of cutie-pie Forrest actually made my heart leap - so adorable!!

That is so funny! "Worried Lab Face!" Don't they do that well! Horton has a "resting/worried/Lab face!" :p It always manages to get sympathy from me!

Hang in there Holly - only a couple more weeks to go.

Dianne

Forrest is a cutie pie! His name too.

We got to go next door and have some off work time with our "new" next door neighbor, Service Dog, Rider. They have a pool and he is in hog heaven. Funny, he will not go in the pool if the baby fence is just across the steps. He won't jump in from the side of the pool, even though when he leaps from the step area, he doesn't even touch them! They have a huge, round red ball that has cut-outs in it. You put his pool toys in it, toss it in the pool and he retrieves it! Guess that is why they are called Labrador Retrievers! BOL. He is a gangly teenager with too much energy for me! His mamma's is beside herself with the amount of hair he sheds.....Shocker.