Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

5 hours ago, Plant said:

Really looking forward to those changes... .

It, of course, will all begin with a Covid Virus Vaccine.  I know there are lots of groups who are anti-vaccine but I'm a "high risk" person and I, personally, will be the first one in line.  I can remember when Dr. Jonas Salk discovered the vaccine for Polio and we children had to line-up in our elementary school auditoriums to get the shot that was going to save all our lives, and there were folks then who didn't believe it would help.  Much later it was a simple, tasteful liquid that my babies would have to swallow and that horrible virus is gone......as will this one.....be gone!!!!!!    

Take care of yourself, don't take risks, hang in there, we will see a solution and resolution and before you know it we'll be writing about our cruises and travels and good times once again!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I can remember when Dr. Jonas Salk discovered the vaccine for Polio

Also, remember it took years (1930 - 1956) and there was an early failure in manufacture of the vaccine which resulted in some children actually getting polio. If they rush into this so quickly that they don't do enough testing, I think I'll wait for the second batch, thank you.

• Like 2

Jezz y Lou's blood tests all came back good.  They can't explain the elevated liver levels on surgery day, but glad they are good now.  Surgery has been re-scheduled for August 31.  She has an interim appointment today.  Fingers crossed we can this little girl all mended up.  After dogtor appointment we will cruise thru the Post Office to mail a letter.  She is such a good traveler when we are in the car alone.  If her dad and brother are in the car it is like a three ring circus.  She jumps from front seat to back seat back and forth!  Then tries to get in my lap while I'm driving! :O.  Finally she will lay down in the back sit with brother as long as he pets her.  They are impawsible!  

Here it is the weekend already. We are suppose to HEAT up starting this weekend.  Not looking forward to that.  Everyone have a great day and wonderful weekend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

Jezz y Lou's blood tests all came back good.  They can't explain the elevated liver levels on surgery day, but glad they are good now.  Surgery has been re-scheduled for August 31.  She has an interim appointment today.  Fingers crossed we can this little girl all mended up.  After dogtor appointment we will cruise thru the Post Office to mail a letter.  She is such a good traveler when we are in the car alone.  If her dad and brother are in the car it is like a three ring circus.  She jumps from front seat to back seat back and forth!  Then tries to get in my lap while I'm driving! :O.  Finally she will lay down in the back sit with brother as long as he pets her.  They are impawsible!  

Here it is the weekend already. We are suppose to HEAT up starting this weekend.  Not looking forward to that.  Everyone have a great day and wonderful weekend. 

It's wonderful to have good news in these troubling times.  Take care of you, Jezzy and family.

Edited by wizard-of-roz
  • Like 1

I was feeling sorry for people in hospitals and rehabs alone with no visitors.  Guess I wanted to see what it was really like.  Last Sunday at 1:15 pm I was coming back from my short stroll around the acre and heading toward the pooper scooper; just 1 pile to get.  There was a wasp that didn't like me and was trying to get me and sting me.  It was being way aggressive.  I took 1 little step to avoid it; did not hit a hole, branch, nothing.  Managed to twist and break my knee and ankle on the way down to the grassy, soft ground.  No breaks in the skin, compound fractures, but my knee and foot were not facing the right ways.  

My brother, a doctor, said not only should I not have broken anything but the break on both ends of the bone are unheard of except in severe care accidents.

I had surgery on the knee with a plate and screws put in.  The ankle need plate and both the inside and outside, but is too swollen for surgery.  So it is in a heavy stabilizer.

I spent 3 nights, 4 days in the hospital and now in the rehabilitation hospital.  I have only seen nurses, doctors and the assistants.  No visitors, service animals- but since I can't get up at all I am glad he is home with daddy, I haven't seen any other patients; I am completely isolated.  Now I know and it is hard.   

Luckily I am kept busy with OT, PT, recreational therapy, swallowing therapy, nurses with meds and check ups, doctors with check ups, assistant''s with bed pans, etc.

I am 100% non weight bearing for 4 months.  To say the least we are not getting back to Florida this year.  I seem to have lost this round of Jumanji; I really dislike 2020.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Linda and Halo

1 hour ago, rpclmc said:

I was feeling sorry for people in hospitals and rehabs alone with no visitors.  Guess I wanted to see what it was really like.  Last Sunday at 1:15 pm I was coming back from my short stroll around the acre and heading toward the pooper scooper; just 1 pile to get.  There was a wasp that didn't like me and was trying to get me and sting me.  It was being way aggressive.  I took 1 little step to avoid it; did not hit a hole, branch, nothing.  Managed to twist and break my knee and ankle on the way down to the grassy, soft ground.  No breaks in the skin, compound fractures, but my knee and foot were not facing the right ways.  

My brother, a doctor, said not only should I not have broken anything but the break on both ends of the bone are unheard of except in severe care accidents.

I had surgery on the knee with a plate and screws put in.  The ankle need plate and both the inside and outside, but is too swollen for surgery.  So it is in a heavy stabilizer.

I spent 3 nights, 4 days in the hospital and now in the rehabilitation hospital.  I have only seen nurses, doctors and the assistants.  No visitors, service animals- but since I can't get up at all I am glad he is home with daddy, I haven't seen any other patients; I am completely isolated.  Now I know and it is hard.   

Luckily I am kept busy with OT, PT, recreational therapy, swallowing therapy, nurses with meds and check ups, doctors with check ups, assistant''s with bed pans, etc.

I am 100% non weight bearing for 4 months.  To say the least we are not getting back to Florida this year.  I seem to have lost this round of Jumanji; I really dislike 2020.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Linda and Halo

Linda, OMG!  I'm so, so sorry to hear of your terrible accident.  You have so much healing to do.   Your healing process is going to be long and hard, please take care of you and keep a positive attitude.  I hope your not in too much pain and can get to the other side with your strong will and good heart.

I'm sending you a virtual hug from both Horton and me. 

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Thanks everyone.

Roz, it will be a long healing process.  And I am incredibly bad pain right now.  I personally think it is worse than childbirth.  My brother, a doctor, told me today, that the pain reduces and everything starts healing about a week after surgery.  My knee had surgery on it last Sunday,  but don't know when that would be.

Linda and Halo

I might actually be able to see my husband and get some dog kisses from Halo.  I can't have visitors here, but I have to be transported to the surgeon's office.  I told Rich when and he is going to try to meet me in the parking lot after my appointment.

I feel like a teenager sneaking around.  We are just trying to get 10 minutes, to say hi, dog smooches and a hug, we don't dare have a kiss, they are so strict.

Linda and Halo

• Like 1

Feel better Linda! I'm just getting caught up on posts. I hope you get to see the doggie!!!

I just found out I'm having foot surgery on Sept 11. It's nothing too invasive and I'll only be off work a week. I'm just ready to not be in pain! I'm also ready to burn this cast boot! 

3 hours ago, rpclmc said:

I might actually be able to see my husband and get some dog kisses from Halo.  I can't have visitors here, but I have to be transported to the surgeon's office.  I told Rich when and he is going to try to meet me in the parking lot after my appointment.

I feel like a teenager sneaking around.  We are just trying to get 10 minutes, to say hi, dog smooches and a hug, we don't dare have a kiss, they are so strict.

Linda and Halo

Now, you kids try and behave!!!!! 😉

22 minutes ago, Mabbiez said:

Feel better Linda! I'm just getting caught up on posts. I hope you get to see the doggie!!!

I just found out I'm having foot surgery on Sept 11. It's nothing too invasive and I'll only be off work a week. I'm just ready to not be in pain! I'm also ready to burn this cast boot! 

Good wishes for your foot surgery and a quick and pain-free healing!

• Like 1

You too Roz and The Hort Man.  I'm on a Animal group on Facebook.  Someone asked everyone "What is your dogs true name and what is the nicknames you call them?". It was hysterical.  Some were shortened, some were close, some were not even close and some were naughty! It was fun reading them instead of the political down right nasty ones.  I skip over them.  Of course the animal one brings smiles to my face.  The Admins are really good and quickly delete snarky comments.  They definitely have a full time job there. Refreshing to only see mostly nice conversations, like on here. 

Everyone enjoy your time with you pets and loved ones.  Jezz y Lou goes in for surgery Monday morning.  Paws crossed for easy surgery and easy healing for my girl.  💖🐾💕

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

You too Roz and The Hort Man.  I'm on a Animal group on Facebook.  Someone asked everyone "What is your dogs true name and what is the nicknames you call them?". It was hysterical.  Some were shortened, some were close, some were not even close and some were naughty! It was fun reading them instead of the political down right nasty ones.  I skip over them.  Of course the animal one brings smiles to my face.  The Admins are really good and quickly delete snarky comments.  They definitely have a full time job there. Refreshing to only see mostly nice conversations, like on here. 

Everyone enjoy your time with you pets and loved ones.  Jezz y Lou goes in for surgery Monday morning.  Paws crossed for easy surgery and easy healing for my girl.  💖🐾💕

Nancy, Horty and I send our very best healing and cyber hugs to you and to our little Jezzy Lou.  I do believe that I get as stressed out and worried about my Horty as I do about my children.

Dear Jezzy,

Please be well and get through this with just a distant memory

Big, pawlight licks and doggy love,

Horton Jeffrey  💙

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, wizard-of-roz said:

Good luck, wear your mask and no hugging!

First week went OK.  Now we are on Week 2.

I had a good giggle about your statement.  I'm so NOT a hugger.  

In fact, the best thing about all of the social distancing thing is that people DON'T want to shake hands or hug!

4 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

First week went OK.  Now we are on Week 2.

I had a good giggle about your statement.  I'm so NOT a hugger.  

In fact, the best thing about all of the social distancing thing is that people DON'T want to shake hands or hug!

You know Barb, It's an interesting time in that this social distancing thing is working really well for folks who were always uncomfortable about touching and being touched by others.  

I'm a "touchy-feely" person and am slowly becoming a "self-soother!"

Our world has been turned upside down and to see the difference that this virus is causing in so much of our society is a bit scary, to say the least!

Jezzy Lou had her surgery yesterday.   We also had her dental done at the same time.  Poor girl got it as both ends!  She had to have 4 teeth removed.  They were loose anyway and would have caused her problems.  She did pretty good last night.  Slept good for the most part.  Hasn't been trying to lick the sutures.  She seems uncomfortable right now.  Like she can't get comfortable.  I think it is time for another pain pill.  Its been 6 hours and they had already cut them in half and she told me to cut them again.  So she really only a quarter one of it this morning.  I hate when you don't know what to do for them.  Here's to fast healing and better health for my girl. ❤️