It's Happened to Others...Resolution!

southwestgal

For those who were following the previous thread that was closed, I am happy to say that the situation has been resolved. For those who didn't read the original thread "It's happened to others...now its our turn", the problem in a nutshell was that our cabin was changed without our knowledge or permission.

My TA and Princess worked together and were able to find another mini-suite with a covered balcony. They even threw in dinner at Sabatini's for our trouble. It took a day and a half to resolve during a holiday week. That is pretty good turnaround in my book.

I am happy that this was able to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. My only worry is that the new cabin is a quad and I'm concerned that I'll be kicked out of that one. Oh well, I'll just keep an eye on things and we'll be asking Princess to mark the cabin with a note that reads "DON'T TOUCH THIS CABIN!" :D

Happy Cruising!

Southwestgal

I know your agent was very concerned and active in resolving the Princess glitch. I'm guessing that you won't be bothered again with a cabin change.

Glad it all worked out and appreciated your calm attitude while waiting for the result!!

Glad to hear it got resolved. I was reading your thread yesterday but it was closed before then. On our last two cruises, we marked our booking "no upgrade." I think some people don't know about that or they are hoping for an upgrade and then realize that it's possible that an "upgrade" may get them to an undesired location.

For those who were following the previous thread that was closed, I am happy to say that the situation has been resolved. For those who didn't read the original thread "It's happened to others...now its our turn", the problem in a nutshell was that our cabin was changed without our knowledge or permission.

My TA and Princess worked together and were able to find another mini-suite with a covered balcony. They even threw in dinner at Sabatini's for our trouble. It took a day and a half to resolve during a holiday week. That is pretty good turnaround in my book.

I am happy that this was able to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. My only worry is that the new cabin is a quad and I'm concerned that I'll be kicked out of that one. Oh well, I'll just keep an eye on things and we'll be asking Princess to mark the cabin with a note that reads "DON'T TOUCH THIS CABIN!" :D

Happy Cruising!

Southwestgal

Wow, what an experience but can you offer some indication as to how the booking got changed? I guess in my simple world I figure if you book a certain cabin, get a confirmation of that booking it would be set unless the cruise gets cancelled. From what I'm reading on your posts it got changed somehow. Just like to understand how it could get changed.

Julia

Southwestgal: I believe you mentioned, originally, that you were in a cabin adjacent to some travelling companions. Will you still be able to have that convenience (i.e. did they get moved to a better location, along with you?)

That aspect would be one of my concerns if this all happened to us. We LOVE to open up the balcony partitions between our cabin and our friends', and enjoy the illusion of an extra large outside space, ( and their company of course:D ).

Happy Cruising!

Southwestgal

Good for you! When things arent going right is when you usually find out how good a business truly is.

Happy Cruising!

Southwestgal

Congratulations, Southwestgal! I'm happy your

TA was able to get it resolved to your satisfaction. A free dinner in Sabatini's is an

extra bonus!

For the past six years, we have used the same

two TA's you have with complete satisfaction.

I felt all along that she would do her best for you.

Wishing you fair winds and calm seas for your cruise.

If you scroll down to the end of your Travel Summary page on your Cruise Personalizer, you'll see this: "Carrier may, without liability for refund or damages, change your booked accommodations at anytime without notice."

We've never had this happen to us, but in light of the situation discussed here, it seems the TA you have did a super job for you. Great!

Wow, what an experience but can you offer some indication as to how the booking got changed? I guess in my simple world I figure if you book a certain cabin, get a confirmation of that booking it would be set unless the cruise gets cancelled. From what I'm reading on your posts it got changed somehow. Just like to understand how it could get changed.

Julia

Hi Julia,

The cruise line reserves the right to change your cabin to a "better" (upgraded) cabin. Sometimes, at least in our experience, the "ugrade" isn't to a "better" cabin. We had reserved a specific balcony cabin and they tried to "upgrade" us to a cabin under the theater :eek: . Thankfully, our TA was able to move us back to our specified cabin. You just need to watch your booking on My Princess to be sure you still have the cabin you booked if that's where you want to be.

I am happy that this worked out okay. Your whole situation prompted me to mark our new booking on the Emerald in November as "no upgrades". TA said you are s'posed to have 2 days to refuse an "upgrade", but sometimes notiifications fall through the cracks, and princess has to notify ta, ta has to notify you, you have to respond all within 48 hours. Our lives are too busy to rely on even getting the notification. If one has a desireable cabin it seems "no upgrades" may be the way to go. Happy for you, Southwest Gal, and hope your cruise is blissful!

I am happy that this worked out okay. Your whole situation prompted me to mark our new booking on the Emerald in November as "no upgrades". TA said you are s'posed to have 2 days to refuse an "upgrade", but sometimes notiifications fall through the cracks, and princess has to notify ta, ta has to notify you, you have to respond all within 48 hours. Our lives are too busy to rely on even getting the notification. If one has a desireable cabin it seems "no upgrades" may be the way to go. Happy for you, Southwest Gal, and hope your cruise is blissful!

I have had several upgrades throughout the years and have yet to be notified by a TA. As far as I know, the TA's are rarely notified. I always find out by looking in my cruise personalizer.

Archived