I need your suggestions

My husband have in his mind a cruise to hawaii . I will be needing all the advise you can give me. I hate planes and only to be in California we have to take 3 or 2. So I need a very relaxing cruise.

What port you recomend me?

What time of the year the sea is more serene?

What is your favorite cruise line ? Why?

We are a couple of 38 and 39 very young at heart without childrens, love the sea, love to take photos, my husband love TV, I love Disney....

The planning start........

Winter the waves come up, that's when they have all the surfing contests in Hawaii, from about Thanksgiving to Easter. During the summer is more hot and and humid but the water will be less waves.

I lived in Hawaii for 10 years and visited all the islands. If you have any questions, it might be easier than me trying to tell you what to see. I dont know where you will be exactly.

I would do all the beautiful natural things like waterfalls and mountains which are unique and skip the fake touristy things like Polynesian Cultural Center run by the mormans. But that's me. Lots go to PCC.

Hello,

Celebrity and Princess have 14 and 15 day cruises to Hawaii from Los Angeles or San Diego. Not sure about RCCL.

If you hate planes why not consider a one way car rental to Los Angeles or San Diego and a one way car rental back home. I'm not sure you have the time to do this but it might work for you.

Also consider renting a car on each island you visit, as this will allow you to see and do more of each island than a ship's excursion. Hawaii has wonderful highways, except maybe the Hana Highway and you won't have enough time to do this.

And respectfully I disagree with the prior respondent. The Polynesian Cultural Center is a very interesting place to see and especially because it is staffed by persons who are going to BYU Hawaii and who are from these islands.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Archived